BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

18 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

‘Just you wait til BBD and Dack are back’.

Absolutely shambolic all round that we’ve fallen from 2nd to 8th. I’ll predict that we don’t get ourselves back in the top 6 now.

I doubt we will end up in top 8.

I think 8th is pretty much certain. Millwall, Coventry etc are all falling away and not sure Luton will stay the distance either. So top of the almost pile for Rovers. 

That's pretty respectable until you consider where we were at the turn of the year and how badly we have faded. I get teams running out of steam but in January? Utterly criminal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Need to win every game, won't happen.

We need to win more games than Huddersfield and Luton. 

Sheff Utd, Boro, Forest are all guarantees for me at this stage. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sickening, but fully deserved. We've had a disgraceful 2022 and Mowbray will now be remembered for a record home defeat and blowing our best chance at promotion in a decade just as much as getting us out of League 1. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, J*B said:

We need to win more games than Huddersfield and Luton. 

Sheff Utd, Boro, Forest are all guarantees for me at this stage. 

Luton’s next two are Huddersfield and Forest. It’s not over yet for us, on paper anyway we still have a shout. 

8 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think middlesboro are very good,neither are luton or sheff utd,we`ve thrown it away most likely,barring 6 wins from 6 matches,highly unlikely from a  mowbray side,TM out,i agree 1000%

We won’t need to win all 6. I can’t see us getting 6th but 4 wins would do. We will need to win on Saturday and Good Friday, to give us a platform and a chance. I can’t see us winning both though. 

6 hours ago, Butty said:

Luton’s next two are Huddersfield and Forest. It’s not over yet for us, on paper anyway we still have a shout. 

We need 2 teams to fall off. 1 team doesn’t help anymore. 

9 hours ago, superniko said:

Sneaky feeling that Forest will catch Bournemouth. 
I’d rather play Bournemouth myself if we do somehow sneak into 6th

No way will that happen in my opinion. Forest are 8 points behind Bournemouth and both have 8 to play. Fulham and Bournemouth will be top 2.

25 minutes ago, lraC said:

No way will that happen in my opinion. Forest are 8 points behind Bournemouth and both have 8 to play. Fulham and Bournemouth will be top 2.

Forest still have to play Bournemouth though, and all Bournemouth's games are against sides in the top half.

I wouldn't rule it out.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Forest still have to play Bournemouth though, and all Bournemouth's games are against sides in the top half.

I wouldn't rule it out.

Bournemouth have us at Ewood second to last fixture and I am hoping they are up by then. If they need to win to clinch second and we need to win to give us a sniff of sixth in our last game, I know who I would fancy being happy at the final whistle.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DE. said:

Sickening, but fully deserved. We've had a disgraceful 2022 and Mowbray will now be remembered for a record home defeat and blowing our best chance at promotion in a decade just as much as getting us out of League 1. 

Don't forget longest home spell without a goal.  Might be a longest without a win title for him too not sure.

Bournemouth would have to lose 3 of their last 8 so long as the don't lose to Forest and if the beat Forest, I would say it is all over.

I see wins for them at Ewood, home to Coventry, Boro and Millwall.

It's all what if etc. Which is not something I usually like to go into. But if we'd scored those 2 penalties against Sheffield Utd and Bristol we'd be four points off second right now. 2 points had we somehow not chucked away the points against Coventry. It's absolutely ridiculous that we've fallen out the playoffs. I'm not sure many sides have ever fallen away as badly as we have. 

• Like 3