BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

How many times have Germany won Euros and World Cup? Theyโ€™ve never had the best league or best players in the world, Iโ€™m not buying that damo.

ย 

ย 

They didn't, however they had a greater European club record.

We where miles behind In respect of technical ability etc.

BTW, earlier I mentioned Pep and Jurgen, not in a million years did I suggest they'd become next England manager, I was comparing what that level of coaching and management could do to our talented squad.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Evey England manager besides Alf Ramsey won nothing. Using that as a stick to beat Southgate with is a bit harsh.ย 

England are not a top table football nation, as much as I want them to be. Yet thanks to Southgate's efforts whilst aiding England youth development the national talent pool is getting better.ย 

As for yesterday's game. It wasn't the best. Gallagher and Chilwell were poor. Watkins anonymous. Bellingham got kicked off his game, especially by Paqueta. Maguire will play at the Euros, but he needs significant game time week in week out until the tournament to get sharp.ย 

Completely disagree.

Not harsh at all.

Southgate is 'safe' we are wasting this talent with him in charge.

Sooner he goes the better, this is not based from the Brazil game btw.

• Like 1

I think the Italy game in the last Euros final was a perfect demonstration of Southgate's limitations as a coach.

1-0, on top and the game/trophy there to be won.

But he sat back, put on players like Henderson and invited Italy to come upon us.
And we all know what happened from there.

• Like 6

I won't read too much in to the loss. It was an underwhelming performance but we do have a lot of players missing

You get the impression this is Southgate's last throw of the dice. I can understand why he is sticking to the same squad that has performed admirably over the past 3 tournaments

I don't understand why he doesn't pick Tomori. He's playing in Italy and is a regular in a good AC Milan side. That Brainthwaite got the call up shows a bit of domestic bias to me. He isn't as good as Tomori and never will be

For me, Joe Gomez has to play over Harry Maguire. They are levels apart now.

With the injuries we had it meant it was a bit part team. A midfield of Gallagher and Rice does not win tournaments imo. I'd rather play TAA in there with Rice and Bellingham. Gallagher does a lot of nothing for me. Maddison deserves the call up before Gallagher

I will never, ever wish an injury on a player but Maguire being injured may be a blessing in disguise. It forces Southgate's hand. But if we lose Walker then we also lose our best defender and that could be tragic for Euro 24

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Walkerโ€™s had a great career. Heโ€™s still as quick now as he was when he was younger. A very difficult opponent for any winger/wide player. I remember seeing him playing for Sheff Utd against the dingles at Wembley and thinking - โ€œ that left back can play a bit โ€œ. Thatโ€™s where he played that day. Best player on the pitch in that game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Because they have kits to sell.

Like when Wolves play in their change kit in most away games.

i suppose if they sell then why not,rancid england performance tbw,we`ve given them two goals,though that outside of the boot pass was pure class

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i suppose if they sell then why not,rancid england performance tbw,we`ve given them two goals,though that outside of the boot pass was pure class

Pass of the night. Heโ€™s such a funny player Lukaku. Some games you donโ€™t know heโ€™s playing and some games heโ€™s a real threat.

• Like 2

You cant read much into the game but Mainoo moreso off his United form in competitive games is clearly very talented and when beside Rice we are so poor in that deeper area with Gallagher, Henderson and Phillips nowhere near the standard required, he has to not only be in the squad but competing with Trent for a start.

The defence is a huge concern, Dunk is nowhere near it, nor is Chilwell and nor is Maguire when fit. Pickford is not this mythical 100% reliable keeper for England either.

I dont think any of the likes of Toney, Watkins, Gordon or Bowen are anywhere near certain of a place. I feel like in attack we have plenty of good Premier League players but a level or two below the main 4 of Saka, Foden, Bellingham and Kane. They have to stay fit.

Belgium seem to have been written off post "golden generation" but they could do well with such a threat in attack. Not sure they will have a chance of winning it but they could go far. Germany with players like Wirtz and Musiala could thrive as the home team too.

11 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm not watching an England team that has any 2 of Dunk, Chilwell or Toney as starters.

I didn't tonight and never will.

Meanwhile Wales have a twat with a whistle running their game.

On to penalties.

Do you remember when Wales celebrated England losing, revenge is sweet..

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm not watching an England team that has any 2 of Dunk, Chilwell or Toney as starters.

I didn't tonight and never will.

Meanwhile Wales have a twat with a whistle running their game.

On to penalties.

Toney was good tonightย 

• Like 3

Defensively we are susceptible.ย  But we have so many fantastic players going forward.ย  Southgate will ruin our chances of success.ย  Mainoo looks absolute class. Southgate needs to be brave and go with mainoo Bellingham and rice against Serbia. With Foden kane and saka as a front 3 we will be unplayable going forwardย 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I only saw the short highlights and goals.

He was creative in the penalty.

His hold up play and link up was top quality.ย  He looks far better than watkins

• Like 2

On 29/09/2022 at 19:09, AllRoverAsia said:

Whilst checking for Keith's age in 1970 I came across "The Keith Newton Story", a 60 page book published last year.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/21-22/comment/general/41350.html

Also in my wanderings this pic of Peter Dobing taking a shot at goal v ManU. Question is who was the dog playing for ....or was it the Referee

ย 

Fdpg4H6X0AEujtj.jpeg

I interviewed Rob Sawyer (the author) on here back in 2021โ€ฆ

• Like 1