BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances: A cause for concern

Great, an afternoon listening to a big city clubs hordes only there because the tickets are cheap singing 'you're support is effing shit' .

Maybe a few of our own crowd experts might like to join in with them judging by some of the stuff flying around recently. I seriously hope we get a turnout for this and the sooperfans make an effort at getting behind the team.  Gee along all those crap fan part timers they like to look down on.

• Like 2

I think a lot could hinge on tomorrow and Wednesdays game for how ticket sales go for Sheff Utd. If we get a couple of decent results and are once again in a playoff contention I can envisage a decent crowd on.

2 stinkers and it'll be 11k ish

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

I think a lot could hinge on tomorrow and Wednesdays game for how ticket sales go for Sheff Utd. If we get a couple of decent results and are once again in a playoff contention I can envisage a decent crowd on.

2 stinkers and it'll be 11k ish

Sheff Utd have sold their allocation of about 4.7k hopefully we can get around 13k in, should provide some atmosphere

Rovers have launch their half season ticket for the final 11 home matches of the 2021/22 campaign.

Adult tickets in all areas of the ground are priced at £199 - except the Jack Walker Stand Upper Tier - while a Senior ticket costs £139, Young Adults at £95, Under-18s tickets are available at £50 and Under-12s just £35.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-half-season-ticket-22012663

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

£400 was expensive, and ultimately they cannot now offer better value than that, so if anything 17/11 game tickets are slightly less value for money. Backed themselves into a corner, because the critical aspect is season ticket pricing and it is too high. Surely self explanatory.

Didn't expect a reduction in ticket prices from the club this season. Did you? 

But moving forward Waggott and Rovers know we need a better season ticket policy starting next season 

But with some fans not willing to attend home games due to Mowbray or Waggott it doesn't matter what the prices is. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't expect a reduction in ticket prices from the club this season. Did you? 

Well you did, as you’ve said repeatedly how they are way too expensive and Waggott has messed up.

In a contrarian mood today, I see.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well you did, as you’ve said repeatedly how they are way too expensive and Waggott has messed up.

In a contrarian mood today, I see.

That is where you are wrong cos there is a different in what I expect and what I would have done  

Cos I didn't expect reduction in prices but I would have massively reduce the prices to attract as many fans as possible. 

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Because £400 for a season ticket and £200 for a half season ticket is overpriced. And that does not take into account, the shit product that is served up.

But you buy single match tickets which are more to buy prices wise. 

The product is the product 

Set stupidly high prices and brass people off then panic and start coming up with a different price every game.

The man is an utter berk and needs an old mill workers clog up his arse to help him on his way out of town. 

Is it really any wonder player contracts, wages and the finances are all over the place with him in charge. Just look at his messing around and misjudging with tickets. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

That is where you are wrong cos there is a different in what I expect and what I would have done  

Cos I didn't expect reduction in prices but I would have massively reduce the prices to attract as many fans as possible. 

But you buy single match tickets which are more to buy prices wise. 

The product is the product 

My personal circumstances has nothing to do with the fact that, £400 for a season ticket, is not a good deal. 

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

My personal circumstances has nothing to do with the fact that, £400 for a season ticket, is not a good deal. 

23 games for £400…

What’s wrong with that?

I remember the days of it being £250 in the premier league, but I was always aware of the huge sponsorship that enabled this.

£17 a game in 2021? I don’t think that’s bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBiz said:

23 games for £400…

What’s wrong with that?

I remember the days of it being £250 in the premier league, but I was always aware of the huge sponsorship that enabled this.

From the uptake of season tickets, it would seem quite a few people think it is bad.

• Like 1

Quite clear Waggott expected the same numbers to buy at a higher price this summer thereby boosting his figures at minimal change to gates.

Many of us mere civilians knew this 'strategy' was a high risk one likely to fail and cause long term damage especially off the back of a pandemic and what do you know? Right we were.

Substantial fall in gates at the worst possible time at a club and in a town that simply can't afford to lose season ticket holders by the thousands.

Now it is desperation time hoping to claw them back after they have gone.

Not working judging by the numbers.

Paying this guy how much to demolish our support base?

And the 'initiative' merely consists of continuing to sell season tickets after the initial deadline at a similar rate. Hardly groundbreaking is it?

• Like 3

Absolutely no responsibility taken by Waggott in that article as we slump to an almost unbelievable c7000 ST holders (well apart from the revelation that Cat A+ pricing at £40+ a ticket does not work for mid table second tier football in a town like Blackburn - give the man an MBA).

It’s all ‘Covid’, ‘fans being uncomfortable’ mixed in with a load of marketing and corporate jargon and waffle. And a very low target bar of merely getting back to the already piss poor sales of 8,500 STs, seemingly no plan to get back to what was a standard 10,000+ sales under that now golden age of Gary Bloody Bowyer.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

54 minutes ago, JBiz said:

23 games for £400…

What’s wrong with that?

Just for comparrisons sake : Burnley a league above us £360, Accy a league below us £220. Shouldn't we be at about £290 ?

• Like 3