BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Again - it’s such a stupid idea to completely write off a nation because of your view of its level of quality.

You’re free to that opinion, and I’m free to point out how bloody stupid it is.

Lol, I love the way you call me stupid and yet if that was reversed you'd be PMing the mods bitching like a school girl.

Let's take your suggestion to an extreme to test validity, let's sign a lad from the Faroe Islands.... ....

We could potentially be premier league next year, would he cut it then? Also my bugbear is we have wasted loads of money collectively on numerous players under TM, who were punts, hedges just seems another of those given his achievements in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Lol, I love the way you call me stupid and yet if that was reversed you'd be PMing the mods bitching like a school girl.

Let's take your suggestion to an extreme to test validity, let's sign a lad from the Faroe Islands.... ....

We could potentially be premier league next year, would he cut it then? Also my bugbear is we have wasted loads of money collectively on numerous players under TM, who were punts, hedges just seems another of those given his achievements in Scotland.

if I had a sweeping generalisation called stupid too - I’d take it on the chin… or  just keep it in my head?

Faroe Islands compared to Scotland… bit of a misnomer but it just proves why stereotyping is nonsense. There’s plenty of talent in Great Britain who play outside their home nation.

Also the way the UK nations are linked - you do realise that Hedges came through an academy in the English leagues at a team based in wales?

Their name, nationality, cost, wages - all relatively unimportant. 

It’s how they play. Twas ever thus 

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

if I had a sweeping generalisation called stupid too - I’d take it on the chin… or  just keep it in my head?

Faroe Islands compared to Scotland… bit of a misnomer but it just proves why stereotyping is nonsense. There’s plenty of talent in Great Britain who play outside their home nation.

Also the way the UK nations are linked - you do realise that Hedges came through an academy in the English leagues at a team based in wales?

Their name, nationality, cost, wages - all relatively unimportant. 

It’s how they play. Twas ever thus 

People are different and react in varying manners to the same stimulus. Or are you stupid too?

A Welsh academy graduate, WOW sign him up right now, they're academy's are the envy of the world. He has scored 2 in 52 in our league before and has 10 in 62 in the SPLeague one since 2019, if it's about how he plays then I personally would be hoping for better than 12 goals since 2017 from a forward.

5 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

People are different and react in varying manners to the same stimulus. Or are you stupid too?

A Welsh academy graduate, WOW sign him up right now, they're academy's are the envy of the world. He has scored 2 in 52 in our league before and has 10 in 62 in the SPLeague one since 2019, if it's about how he plays then I personally would be hoping for better than 12 goals since 2017 from a forward.

We’ve had the same discussion about many players in the past.

Signing someone who has scored plenty of recent championship level goals is also going to cost an absolute bomb. We’re not in that market, and only the “stupid” would suggest we should be.

To tangent this even further - brexit is also a nightmare for buying European players now. I’m not sure of the exact rules but I don’t see many more TKs down the pipeline.

6 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

The Scottish National team are about as good as we have been in about 30 years. It really is a bit unfashioned to slag the Scottish game IMO. There has been way worse generations of the Scottish footballers.

Hedges has spent the majority of his career on the left wing.

No, Mowbrays biggest weakness has been giving new contracts to players that we have all seen aren’t good enough. He nearly had a clean sweep last year, but retained Johnson for some reason. 

I just remembered that Siriki Dembele lad from Peterborough, he was brilliant at Ewood earlier this year, in a bad team. Contract expires in the summer. 

I think it's fairly obvious the clean sweep was out of his hands but to give him credit he's making the best of it so far.  I know there are more elements to the equation but iv'e been moaning for years we'd never move forwards or change play to up the tempo until the midfield was totally revamped.

Well it has been and it's made a massive difference, i never want to see an Evans or Trybull type here again. 

28 minutes ago, Iceman said:

16 goals in 79 matches in the Scottish league is a bit underwhelming aint it... What was David Goodwillies record when we signed him? 

Hedges isn’t a striker, he’s a wide man or attacking midfield such as Rothwell. I would suggest  that goals record isn’t too bad, certainly better than Rothwells

• Like 2

Keep the squad intact and add a right wing back, one more CM and an out and out front man and (injury dependent) we'll make the top 6 in my opinion, don't think the rest of the championship will gain enough points to dislodge us. The next 4 fixtures are key though, 10 points would be huge.

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

We’ve had the same discussion about many players in the past.

Signing someone who has scored plenty of recent championship level goals is also going to cost an absolute bomb. We’re not in that market, and only the “stupid” would suggest we should be.

To tangent this even further - brexit is also a nightmare for buying European players now. I’m not sure of the exact rules but I don’t see many more TKs down the pipeline.

You do make me chuckle. Whether we are or not in the market for players who will hit the ground running in our league, that's what we need.  If he'd scored more in the SPL he might look like he could step up, but he hasn't and Aberdeen are a decent team up there. Goodwillie Mark 2 and more wages wasted that could be put to better use.

44 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

You do make me chuckle. Whether we are or not in the market for players who will hit the ground running in our league, that's what we need.  If he'd scored more in the SPL he might look like he could step up, but he hasn't and Aberdeen are a decent team up there. Goodwillie Mark 2 and more wages wasted that could be put to better use.

You’ve no clue how it would turn out, only an opinion - which can only be subjective.

Plenty of players have come from those leagues and worked well in England.

I don’t know enough about (or care enough) about Benson - if he comes, he gets a fair crack of the whip like everyone else. If he’s crap, he won’t play, if he’s “smoking”, it’ll be another bargain addition to the squad.

Goodwillie was a multimillion pound signing on big wages. Only involved due to agents being the same as those advising the club.

To compare a potential signing in the present, with a past criminal / fraudulent deal, orchestrated under complete different regimes…. Says 3 things;

1. No memory

2. No understanding of what went on back then

3. No ability to view a scenario without having to find something you can base previous understanding on.

So yea, basically - just stereotyping an entire country’s league and anyone of their nationality as “shit” because we signed DG and their league standard isn’t as good… still think it’s pitiful, but do carry on trying to convince me I am wrong.

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

https://the72.co.uk/257870/blackburn-rovers-comment-3-transfer-alternatives-tony-mowbray-should-consider-instead-of-josh-maja/

Some alternative suggestions, the Belgium lad seems worth a scout. 17 in 20 🇧🇪👍

Good player, but won't come cheap now. He was amazing at U19 level, then struggled a bit for a couple of years but seems to be doing really well now. Daniel-Kofi Kyereh is another ex-Halvese player that we could have signed on a free recently. On his way to the Bundesliga with St Pauli now so may be a challenge to sign him. 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Because he was so great last time!

very harsh criticism there. I wouldn't mind him back here but if we signing Hedges do we need Watt? 

Just now, neophox said:

Wheres Armstrongs replacement?

Is it Josh Maya coming in january?

We already have Armstrong in Ben Brereton. And I wouldn't assume that Maja is coming given concerns over his lack of playing time and fitness

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very harsh criticism there. I wouldn't mind him back here but if we signing Hedges do we need Watt? 

We already have Armstrong in Ben Brereton. And I wouldn't assume that Maja is coming given concerns over his lack of playing time and fitness

Why is it harsh? He wasn't very good last time, why would we sign him again? He doesn't score many goals really.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is it harsh? He wasn't very good last time, why would we sign him again? He doesn't score many goals really.

His form has been good in Scotland and I think your comments he wasn't good last time is wrong. 

I wouldn't sign Hedges and Watt in January or next summer but depends on a number of other factors

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

You’ve no clue how it would turn out, only an opinion - which can only be subjective.

Plenty of players have come from those leagues and worked well in England.

I don’t know enough about (or care enough) about Benson - if he comes, he gets a fair crack of the whip like everyone else. If he’s crap, he won’t play, if he’s “smoking”, it’ll be another bargain addition to the squad.

Goodwillie was a multimillion pound signing on big wages. Only involved due to agents being the same as those advising the club.

To compare a potential signing in the present, with a past criminal / fraudulent deal, orchestrated under complete different regimes…. Says 3 things;

1. No memory

2. No understanding of what went on back then

3. No ability to view a scenario without having to find something you can base previous understanding on.

So yea, basically - just stereotyping an entire country’s league and anyone of their nationality as “shit” because we signed DG and their league standard isn’t as good… still think it’s pitiful, but do carry on trying to convince me I am wrong.

Like I said you do make me chuckle. 👍

1 hour ago, Hannoverover said:

Good player, but won't come cheap now. He was amazing at U19 level, then struggled a bit for a couple of years but seems to be doing really well now. Daniel-Kofi Kyereh is another ex-Halvese player that we could have signed on a free recently. On his way to the Bundesliga with St Pauli now so may be a challenge to sign him. 

I'd rather spend the reported 6m on a player like him than Maya. Good young players who are making their mark in decent leagues should be our aim, 17 in 20 is very impressive at any level. He has scored more goals than hedges in one season than hedges last 6 seasons.