BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

16 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

This would have been the reaction last winter if we’d agreed a new deal with BBD. The club can’t win.

How does re-signing Gallagher have any bearing on the players out of contract?

No need to manufacture a negative slant for the sake of it.

Quite a few players have very quickly gone from having there doubters to being important players Armstrong , BBD even Rothwell,  Buckley,  Lenihan have this season stepped it up a level. 

If the club signs them up before hand it's a waste of money,  once the players stock has risen they are in a stronger position and the club gets it for not planning ahead. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Quite a few players have very quickly gone from having there doubters to being important players Armstrong , BBD even Rothwell,  Buckley,  Lenihan have this season stepped it up a level.

Lots on here have always seen JR as an important player, obviously Mogadon has been on the fence with him and not offered anything until its too late   

Brereton after his copa exploit should have been signed

Lenihan has been here for years and is intrinsic to the squad...what's happened ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Why oh why have we done that?  In my mind the worst player on the squad and I am sure it will serve to alienate our other contract holdouts.  Baffling.

Utter garbage and I totally disagree with your opinion

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never really got from where such a prediction has come from, that Gallagher could get 20 goals if played central. I actually think that some of his better games this season have come from wide where there is less dependance on him to bring others into play etc. I dont ever see him being prolific however.

The same was said of BBD and look what has happened with him after the departure of AA

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure it always works that way.   🤔 

I agree but the new lease of life is there to see by looking at our conversion rates of chances to goals - right now it’s far far better than it ever was in the last 3 seasons 

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

I agree but the new lease of life is there to see by looking at our conversion rates of chances to goals - right now it’s far far better than it ever was in the last 3 seasons 

I think the team is making chances more than before.  He can't make his own goals like BBD can and hasn't got the pace of Armstrong to play counter.....not sure what his real strengths are and I'm not convinced 

• Like 1

His strength is pace and belief as well as playing with confidence remember he was a bit part player watching AA score 1 in 8 chances. Now he has the better opportunities his overall play is far better than AA and he is making his luck count. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never really got from where such a prediction has come from, that Gallagher could get 20 goals if played central. I actually think that some of his better games this season have come from wide where there is less dependance on him to bring others into play etc. I dont ever see him being prolific however.

Mowbray just said it in his latest media quote.

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Lots on here have always seen JR as an important player, obviously Mogadon has been on the fence with him and not offered anything until its too late   

Brereton after his copa exploit should have been signed

Lenihan has been here for years and is intrinsic to the squad...what's happened ?

JR has been a good player but not constantly good to make him important until this season. 

Brereton should of been signed up before the summer explots in hindsight. 

Lenihan on here anyway hasn't been highly regarded previously,  take a look at his thread.  Even unleaded  thought a contract was a waste of money and  he was no better than J Lowe .

Just my opinion anyway, each to their own and all that 👍. Just happy things are more positive. 

Edited by slowmo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The same was said of BBD and look what has happened with him after the departure of AA

My point is that simply that "Brereton did it" is not a constructive reason to give other players new deals with an expectation that the same thing will repeatedly happen. Different players, different situations, different ages.

I dont think that Breretons general game is incredible by any means, its just that he has gone from a really poor striker of the ball to a really clinical finisher, chucking in tap ins and penalties to get the numbers to incredible levels.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You've had a mare there.....I'd have AA back tomorrow if Soton wanted to swap Gally back.  Not sure they would want that.

It’s my opinion and I will stick with it.

BBD scoring 1 from 3, AA scoring 1 from 8! As a striker conversion rate is all that matters with the final goal tally. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My point is that simply that "Brereton did it" is not a constructive reason to give other players new deals with an expectation that the same thing will repeatedly happen. Different players, different situations, different ages.

I dont think that Breretons general game is incredible by any means, its just that he has gone from a really poor striker of the ball to a really clinical finisher, chucking in tap ins and penalties to get the numbers to incredible levels.

I actually think BBD has improved his all-round game this season, not just his finishing. More often than not he has good control of the ball, and more often than not he has the beating of most defenders. Last season was the opposite, and I think still is for Gally. 

I agree Gally is having a reasonable season, but I still don't trust him to be able to retain possession of the ball, especially if there is an opposing player within 3 metres of him. Often he isn't tackled, but still contrives to lose the ball. We can't afford that from any player, if we expect to stay in the top 4. 

He is improving this season, but if we have to start him regularly, I predict we will end up eighth. 

As always, I hope I'm wrong and he does a BBD.

Edited by garnersfags

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Utter garbage and I totally disagree with your opinion

I respect that, disagree.  Do you think he is deserving of a new contract?  Just my opinion he is not.  I will agree he runs around  a lot and puts in the effort but he really is not very good at all.  

Probably a coincindence our best football has come with him not in the team.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

West Brom just signed that lad who was banging them in for Barnsley last season...could be a good move....

We need another striker to keep us scoring and to help BBD.

Yeah definitely agree with that. 

BBD has had an incredible goal scoring season so far but an injury, suspension or loss of form could derail us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think the team is making chances more than before.  He can't make his own goals like BBD can and hasn't got the pace of Armstrong to play counter.....not sure what his real strengths are and I'm not convinced 

It's our conversion rate that has increased, doubt our number of chances has. What has improved for me is the quality of the chances, which I see as a result of switching to counter attacking. It creates more clear cut chances.

As for Gally, he has the hardest shot at the club. He is fairly quick. He is a physical presence and works hard. Unfortunately he has a touch that would shame a Catholic priest and poor decision making.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 6

Like most big lanky guys he’s not quick over 10 yards but once he gets moving he’s not easy to catch. For me he doesn’t make the most of his physical attributes. Who would you rather play against Gally or say David Speedie or Dickov ?  No contest for me.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1