BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yeah mate, watched his YouTube highlights gave great insight lol.

Nah I just know Ligue 1 is a shit league, so Ligue 2 must be absolutely horrific.

Hence why Healey is performing cos he didn't perform in England beforehand.

I agree, but given he has been linked to some top end championship and bottom end prem clubs, must have something about him. 
quick, plays on the shoulder of defenders and knows where the back of the net is. If his goals contribute to us getting promoted, he would be worth it 10x over

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The fact a Spurs fan would move 200 miles and down a division is not about his wage now, or his choice of club.

No, Spurs obviously haven't demonstrated their willingness to give this lad enough of a chance at first team level.

Just as we've mishandled Nyambe over the years by shunting him in and out of the team and all indeed all three of the out of contract players by not prioritising deals for them but handing out deal after deal for players that didn't warrant it and running an extremely bloated squad.

Mismanagement of all 4 players in their different ways by the respective Clubs.

Let's hope we benefit from Markandy because we'll suffer badly if we don't go up and the other three leave for nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No, Spurs obviously haven't demonstrated their willingness to give this lad enough of a chance at first team level.

Just as we've mishandled Nyambe over the years by shunting him in and out of the team and all indeed all three of the out of contract players by not prioritising deals for them but handing out deal after deal for players that didn't warrant it and running an extremely bloated squad.

Mismanagement of all 4 players in their different ways by the respective Clubs.

Let's hope we benefit from Markandy because we'll suffer badly if we don't go up and the other three leave for nothing.

Couple of things you can ignore for that entire argument;

1. Many players would’ve put up with having a top premier league club and on the sidelines or sent on loan.

2. Nyambe has had several issues with his hamstrings, is well documented “a top lad” to quote TM.

Deal after deal for player who didn’t want it and a bloated squad… why not give some examples? Also don’t forget to add how you specifically know these players haven’t been offered anything worthwhile?

To conclude, make sure you include how you know they’ll leave for free, and how they won’t be replaced if they do.

Cheers Rev

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Nah I just know Ligue 1 is a shit league, so Ligue 2 must be absolutely horrific.

That's the crux of it, 27 and has never made a go of it at a decent level in England.

I know we were linked with him in the past (as we were with another uninspiring target Hedges) but I've not seen anything recent suggesting we're in for him apart from Paul Mani thinking it might be him?

(Unless I'm wrong?)

I would definitely hope we have better irons in the fire than that. And most certainly if we're prepared to spend £5m.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Do we know if he's actually any good?

Quick look at his stats...1 game, 0 goals...

Can't understand what all the fuss is about...Where's the evidence?

You should know by now. We like to big our signings up without actually seeing them kick a ball first. It makes them feel at home. It’s what we do. Go back and look at the posts when we signed Gallagher for the second time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He did perform in England beforehand?

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Clubs are apparently being quoted 5 million for Healy so I highly doubt we're in for him. 

I tend to agree and he is 27 which doesn’t seem to fit our recruitment policy, but he has been on fire this year and it would be a real statement of intent if they signed him. 
They could do a deal to sign him on loan which is converted into a permanent deal at the end of the season. They did that with Brereton. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You should know by now. We like to big our signings up without actually seeing them kick a ball first. It makes them feel at home. It’s what we do. Go back and look at the posts when we signed Gallagher for the second time.

And you should know by now we like to rubbish our signings without seeing them play.Its what we do.Go back and read when we first signed Brererton, or even just 12 month ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Couple of things you can ignore for that entire argument;

1. Many players would’ve put up with having a top premier league club and on the sidelines or sent on loan.

2. Nyambe has had several issues with his hamstrings, is well documented “a top lad” to quote TM.

Deal after deal for player who didn’t want it and a bloated squad… why not give some examples? Also don’t forget to add how you specifically know these players haven’t been offered anything worthwhile?

To conclude, make sure you include how you know they’ll leave for free, and how they won’t be replaced if they do.

Cheers Rev

Not worth arguing with you on this as you're being deliberately provocative.

1) Doesn't make sense

2) Pay him what he wants then

3) Evans, Bennett, Mulgrew, Downing, Graham plus running a squad in the past with 14 or 15 midfielders in it.

4) Your last point doesn't make any sense whatsoever either. Who's going to pay a fee for them once they're out of contract? And replacing them with similar quality would cost far more than coming to an agreement with them.

5 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

I tend to agree and he is 27 which doesn’t seem to fit our recruitment policy, but he has been on fire this year and it would be a real statement of intent if they signed him. 
They could do a deal to sign him on loan which is converted into a permanent deal at the end of the season. They did that with Brereton. 

Strange post.

We signed Brereton outright.

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Presumably we knew what the fee for him was before going in for him (if indeed we are) but is there anything to suggest he's worth anywhere remotely near that sort of money?

What's the standard like in Ligue 2? Genuine question as I've no idea but the standard in Ligue 1 is nowhere near that of the Premier League.

We've also been badly burned before by spending £7m on the top scorer from Serie B in Italy........

🙄

We had one lad who got relegated from Ligue 2. He ended up playing for Sevilla & Roma and winning the World Cup.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 6

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

At League 2 level though?

Rev you haven't seen this guy play have you?

I'm not that excited by the link myself but iv not seen enough of the guy to make a proper judgement.

Would it be that peculiar to find he had improved with age and experience since his time in England?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We didn't Brererton initially came on loan with an obligation to buy in January

Good memory, although if I remember rightly this was because we missed the initial permanent signing deadline as we used to get a bit longer for loan signings.

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We didn't Brererton initially came on loan with an obligation to buy in January

I don't actually recall there being any suggestion at all that the deal wasn't a permanent one and indeed I'm assuming there wasn't any as he did absolutely nothing here in his first few months and presumably we'd have sent him back at that point were we able.

So in reality there's no difference between that and a permanent deal. Perhaps it's just an accounting tool for FFP purposes?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not worth arguing with you on this as you're being deliberately provocative.

1) Doesn't make sense

2) Pay him what he wants then

3) Evans, Bennett, Mulgrew, Downing, Graham plus running a squad in the past with 14 or 15 midfielders in it.

4) Your last point doesn't make any sense whatsoever either. Who's going to pay a fee for them once they're out of contract? And replacing them with similar quality would cost far more than coming to an agreement with them.

Having ones opinions dissected shouldn’t feel provocative, end of the day all opinions are subjective.

Let me explain further; 
1. The player wanted to leave Spurs. The supposed rationale was game time. Spurs surely can’t be critiqued on his contract, are they supposed to bench Son and co to give into his wishes?

He chose to move on. Hence the similarity with our players contracts being up to them and their representatives.

Some players want money, some want to move house, some want guaranteed games, some might want to play abroad. The whole point is this “the club allowed the contract to expire” is false, IMO of course

You can complain about those given extensions after league 1, and I agree with some of that “sentimentality” probably cost extra Bob, but at the end of the day the would’ve / could’ve stuff is easy in hindsight.

Not many here would’ve made Rothwell our top earner last season for example, and I’m sure now many would be all for it.

I also never suggested we’d get a few if they’re out of contract - I just remarked, if you’re so confident they’ll leave for free, tell us how you know the future?

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't actually recall there being any suggestion at all that the deal wasn't a permanent one and indeed I'm assuming there wasn't any as he did absolutely nothing here in his first few months and presumably we'd have sent him back at that point were we able.

So in reality there's no difference between that and a permanent deal. Perhaps it's just an accounting tool for FFP purposes?

If I remember rightly, it was a loan with an obligation (not option) to buy to get around missing the permanent signing deadline.

I even think it was technically a £7m loan fee which became a free transfer.

• Like 1