BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Looks more like a Buckley replacement than a Rothwell type to me. Then again not sure there are many Rothwell types around, he's a rare style of player.

There are none. No amount of cash can replace him, a truly unique footballer that in my opinion should of been playing for Manchester United now. 

5 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not the most fair indicator of the quality of the league, but there is some sub-optimal defending going on there (along with some nice finishes too).

I can't necessarily say why but that I find that goals compilation a bit underwhelming. As mentioned by someone else, some of that defending is truly abysmal which probably doesn't help.

29 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Wonder if this relevant in the O’Riley chase? MK Dons sign midfielder

B4520C06-0504-45C4-905D-8E577D95942C.png

He has now tweeted that Rovers and Swansea have stepped up the chase for O'Riley 

Iv read that Swansea need to move players on before they can try bring him in .They lost a wage yesterday after Bidwell joined Coventry

Edited by islander200

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He has now tweeted that Rovers and Swansea have stepped up the chase for O'Riley 

Iv read that Swansea need to move players on before they can try bring him in .They lost a wage yesterday after Bidwell joined Coventry

He's usually spot on with his info.

Be a great signing if true!

• Like 1

Peter O'Rourke now saying us and Swansea are in for O'Riley. He's usually not far off.

Pete O'Rourke@SportsPeteO 1h
Swansea City and Blackburn Rovers are stepping up their pursuit of MK Dons midfielder Matt O’Riley. #SwanseaCity #Rovers #MKDons

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

I wonder if Louie Sibley is on our radar? Not a personal recommendation as despite remembering him scoring a great goal against us the other year, I haven't seen enough of him and he doesn't always start for Derby by any means, but Millwall are sniffing around at less than half a million.

I do think we should be looking hard at the Derby side though for any potential assets available on the cheap. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I am surprised no one has come in with a serious offer for Rothwell at this point?  Touch wood, but I thought someone would come in and snap him up. 

Hopefully the owners have said no-one is leaving this month unless someone comes in with an insane offer no-one is likely to make, bearing in mind they might be able to get the three of them for nothing in summer if we don't go up.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I wonder if Louie Sibley is on our radar? Not a personal recommendation as despite remembering him scoring a great goal against us the other year, I haven't seen enough of him and he doesn't always start for Derby by any means, but Millwall are sniffing around at less than half a million.

I do think we should be looking hard at the Derby side though for any potential assets available on the cheap. 

I've always thought he looks decent as well.

• Like 1

Very interesting listening to mowbray talking about Markanday. Towards the end he spoke at length about potentially letting one of the three out of contract players go if it meant reinvesting the funds, and more specifically about if they didn’t want to be here. Might well be TM’s normal bollocks but wouldn’t be surprised to see Nyambe sold towards the back end of the window. Just a feeling nothing else.

59 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I am surprised no one has come in with a serious offer for Rothwell at this point?  Touch wood, but I thought someone would come in and snap him up. 

Not many teams have money right now to be fair. He’s a top end championship player in my opinion and there’s only one team above us (on points) and they’re absolutely stacked in midfield. 

Edited by Mellor Rover

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Very interesting listening to mowbray talking about Markanday. Towards the end he spoke at length about potentially letting one of the three out of contract players go if it meant reinvesting the funds, and more specifically about if they didn’t want to be here. Might well be TM’s normal bollocks but wouldn’t be surprised to see Nyambe sold towards the back end of the window. Just a feeling nothing else.

Would be an insanely poor move if it happened from our point of view and imo Mowbray has money available if he wishes to spend it so I'm not sure why he's coming out with this sort of claptrap.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he chose to sell an out of contracter to fund transfers then obviously he hasnt got the funds required to buy who he wants without.

He has got funds. Sorry to disappoint you.

Edit: Plus even if he hadn't, why on earth would anyone be going round saying they need to sell one of them to reinvest elsewhere. That would be the one sure way to get a rock bottom price.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Mellor - where did you get this interview from if you don’t mind me asking?

35 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Peter O'Rourke now saying us and Swansea are in for O'Riley. He's usually not far off.

Pete O'Rourke@SportsPeteO 1h
Swansea City and Blackburn Rovers are stepping up their pursuit of MK Dons midfielder Matt O’Riley. #SwanseaCity #Rovers #MKDons

He is a reliable source.

I do wonder if Swansea have the upper hand, with him having worked with their gaffer before, even though we clearly have the league position to boast about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He has got funds. Sorry to disappoint you.

Edit: Plus even if he hadn't, why on earth would anyone be going round saying they need to sell one of them to reinvest elsewhere. That would be the one sure way to get a rock bottom price.

Why would I be disappointed if we have funds to sign new players?

And how do you know how much we have?

Please can I have the interview whereby Mowbray has said that we "need" to sell one of 3?

He has repeatedly said that he wants all 3 to stay. If he sells, then its obviously because the reinvestment could not have been done without that sale.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Mellor - where did you get this interview from if you don’t mind me asking?

It's on the Rovers website (Rovers TV or whatever it's called) it's an 8/9min video about the new lad but talks about selling a player and reinvesting it. A player that doesn't want to be here, they showed a few Rothwell videos, assuming it isn't a coincidence.

• Like 1

I think if Derby need to sell players the likes of Sibley, Bird, Knight and Buchanan we should be all over it, especially if we can get for significant low fees. Very talented footballers.

That being said, I hope they get their house in order, historic club, and fans dont deserve whats happening there

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I wouldn't go that far.

they should have developed him instead of wasting his talent, he has ability beyond this level. Offer me Fred or Rothwell and I certainly wouldn't be picking Fred.