BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At League 2 level though?

He made a sweeping statement that he'd done nothing in England.....

He had a good return at leagues 2 and 1 level though. 11 goals in 18 games at MK Dons (at league 1 level) in his most recent season in England. Those are good numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

He had a good return at leagues 2 and 1 level though. 11 goals in 18 games at MK Dons (at league 1 level) in his most recent season in England. Those are good numbers.

Similar statistics playing for a lesser team than Sunderland….

I don’t think there’s much difference between this guy and Maja.

Healey has had knee problems early in his career however.

F0C6D3CB-B42C-4295-B41E-F7E107294D36.jpeg

46 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Unless I’m mistaken, Maja has scored 1 goal in 18 appearances in the championship.

You’ve never seen him play for us.

Why so interested / confident in him?

He's a good player from the league appearances I've seen him play.  Ask the Sunderland fans.  There's a fair bit of him on the Sunderland documentary....they were tootling along nicely he was banging them in looking good for promotion, he left and they capitulated.  

Listen, this guy might be the dogs tatties , and if he is 👍  but to not have 1 league appearance and such a long contract is a bit of a gamble in my opinion. 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

Personally I don't think Healey is the type of signing we should be looking at. A club in the financial position we're in shouldn't be chucking around big money (to us) on an unproven player in this league with no resale value. It breaks the criteria of the business model they've seemingly set out. Also, this lad would come on big money, expect to be starting, maybe not have to earn his place and potentially upset the mood in the dressing room. I'd rather someone come in desperate to win a place in the team, who will have some value in the future. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 7

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He's a good player from the league appearances I've seen him play.  Ask the Sunderland fans.

Listen, this guy might be the dogs tatties , and if he is 👍  but to not have 1 league appearance and such a long contract is a bit of a gamble in my opinion. 

Maja scored once in 17 games at this level.

I would be far more concerned if we’d spent millions on him, than this particular deal.

I doubt you would’ve even brought up his lack of league experience, if you hadn’t took an irrational offence to “PR going into overdrive” due to the potential of his background attracting different communities to Ewood.

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I would be far more concerned if we’d spent millions on him, than this particular deal.

I doubt you would’ve even brought up his lack of league experience, if you hadn’t took an irrational offence to “PR going into overdrive” due to the potential of his background attracting different communities to Ewood.

I was more referring to the praise our owners were getting...stop trying to pin the racist shit up there mate...sad as fuck

I ignored it the first time....grow up..

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Be interesting to know how much our league position is having a bearing on these deals. Unless it’s a PL team, no other side in the Champ can offer the same first team opportunities and as good a shot at promotion. Can’t imagine Dilan would have signed for Barnsley.

I think there is more to it than just league position. For too long those at the club have downplayed us. We should always be a bigger draw than Barnsley, even if we were in the 3rd tier and them the second.

The 2 main signings so far in this window are finally a sign of a bit of ambition From those in power. Hopefully there’s more to come. 

There seems a bit of a culture change stemming from our recent good run, frankly it’s long overdue. The facilities, history, and general stature of the club have all been way above the the abilities/appetite of the decision makers for far too long.

As well as on the pitch and behind the scenes we are seeing the results on Ewood, there’s a buzz about the place. It’s such a stark contrast from the decade long state of malaise and stagnation. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I was more referring to the praise our owners were getting...stop trying to pin the racist shit up there mate...sad as fuck

I ignored it the first time....grow up..

You literally said it was a signing about attracting other fans;

“I've never seen him once🤷‍♂️ although looking at the Rovers PR machine on LinkedIn its going to town on the fact he's South Asian and Indian heritage and our brilliant owners etc...

Looks like a signing to attract more of the Indian heritage fans to me...”

What is wrong with pointing out that I think this is irrational and a stupid thing to criticise? I never said anything about being racist either, I said I don’t understand why anyone would choose one specific issue aka his lack of statistics (league/first team football) in the face of everything else?

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You literally said it was a signing about attracting other fans;

“I've never seen him once🤷‍♂️ although looking at the Rovers PR machine on LinkedIn its going to town on the fact he's South Asian and Indian heritage and our brilliant owners etc...

Looks like a signing to attract more of the Indian heritage fans to me...”

What is wrong with pointing out that I think this is irrational and a stupid thing to criticise? I never said anything about being racist either, I said I don’t understand why anyone would choose one specific issue aka his lack of statistics (league/first team football) in the face of everything else?

You're making it out to be something it's not.  I didn't say it's a bad thing to attract Asian fans, I said I think the signing I part of that thinking....there is a difference if you want to look for it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I don’t understand why anyone would choose one specific issue aka his lack of statistics (league/first team football) in the face of everything else?

It's a pretty important specific, his lack of any professional games.  Thats just my opinion though.

Can't see Healey joining us for the fee quoted unless there's an offer in for Breo that's too good for us to turn down. If that's the case then signing one established striker in Healey and a prospect in Markanday makes sense. Would prefer a loan deal for Healey though, not much resale value there unless he bags 15 goals for us as we finish behind Fulham again for automatic promotion. 

23 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Can't see Healey joining us for the fee quoted unless there's an offer in for Breo that's too good for us to turn down. If that's the case then signing one established striker in Healey and a prospect in Markanday makes sense. Would prefer a loan deal for Healey though, not much resale value there unless he bags 15 goals for us as we finish behind Fulham again for automatic promotion. 

What fee has been quoted?

1 hour ago, blue_n_white99 said:

A couple of points on the Markanday signing:

Kudos to Rovers for the price they paid, Levy is a monster in negotiations and rarely gets seen off

Spurs are reasonably well stocked in the forward positions and are currently pursuing Traore, pushing the youngsters further back in the queue.

So understandable that he sees first team opportunities as hard to come by at Spurs.

Reckon there will be another hefty 40% sell on fee though. 

I think the loan to buy can be hedged nicely against promotion. We can attract hungry players for the second half of the season, and if we go up the fee won't be an issue. If we don't, we can re-analyse the deal and see if we can afford it/is worth it.

Opportunity to bring some real quality through the door, and I assume this is the case with Zeefuik - we might not be in a position to sign him if we're still in this division next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Maja also, more recently, scored 3 in the Prem if I remember rightly.

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Maja also, more recently, scored 3 in the Prem if I remember rightly.

You are correct - for Fulham last year. I’d completely missed he spent some time on loan for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I think the loan to buy can be hedged nicely against promotion. We can attract hungry players for the second half of the season, and if we go up the fee won't be an issue. If we don't, we can re-analyse the deal and see if we can afford it/is worth it.

Opportunity to bring some real quality through the door, and I assume this is the case with Zeefuik - we might not be in a position to sign him if we're still in this division next year.

Yep, think any loan to buys are only getting bought if we go up. Not sure the selling clubs realise...

14 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Personally this is the one I think would strength us the most. A position of need in the short term and if Rothwell goes a potential straight replacement. 

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Personally this is the one I think would strength us the most. A position of need in the short term and if Rothwell goes a potential straight replacement. 

Looks more like a Buckley replacement than a Rothwell type to me. Then again not sure there are many Rothwell types around, he's a rare style of player.

• Like 3