BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Should be great then..πŸ‘ πŸ™„

Well Reda Khadra's done quite well, as has John Buckley, as has Ryan Nyambe and Lewis Travis. All of which had only played PL2 football!

Spurs fans are rightly upset. Saka at the same age is being given a chance at their biggest rivals, whilst they're losing their best academy prospect for peanuts to us... Shouldn't be happening, if he had longer on his contract we'd have had no chance at this one.Β 

Β 

No brainer of a deal for us.Β 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, briansol said:

Now you are just trying to be difficult.Β 

It's not everyday we are able to pick up the top Academy performer from a top PL club where all their fans are up-in-arms for losing him. We usually struggle to loan these kind of players, let alone buy on a long contract.

As for no senior experince, Rheda showed it's still possible to make an impact. It should be possible to keep a long term perspective as well as bringing in more players with more senior experience.

And dont forget that young Liverpool player we had here, whats his name now again? Harvey somebody 😜

25 minutes ago, Neal said:

Clubs are apparently being quoted 5 million for Healy so I highly doubt we're in for him.Β 

Presumably we knew what the fee for him was before going in for him (if indeed we are) but is there anything to suggest he's worth anywhere remotely near that sort of money?

What's the standard like in Ligue 2? Genuine question as I've no idea but the standard in Ligue 1 is nowhere near that of the Premier League.

We've also been badly burned before by spending Β£7m on the top scorer from Serie B in Italy........

πŸ™„

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Presumably we knew what the fee for him was before going in for him (if indeed we are) but is there anything to suggest he's worth anywhere remotely near that sort of money?

What's the standard like in Ligue 2? Genuine question as I've no idea but the standard in Ligue 1 is nowhere near that of the Premier League.

We've also been badly burned before by spending Β£7m on the top scorer from Serie B in Italy........

πŸ™„

Β 

Not the most fair indicator of the quality of the league, but there is some sub-optimal defending going on there (along with some nice finishes too).

Β 

Β 

Β 

9 minutes ago, ChrisyG said:

If Magloire and Carter have been allowed to leave on loan, we must be in for another CB

I'd hope so too but don't see it, Nyambe will be seen as the emergency CB if needed allowing JRC/Zeefuik to play the wing back role.

45 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Well Reda Khadra's done quite well, as has John Buckley, as has Ryan Nyambe and Lewis Travis. All of which had only played PL2 football!

But surely there are loads that played well that don't make it as professionals...picking those 4 our conveniently backs up your argument.

I've never seen him onceπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ although looking at the Rovers PR machine on LinkedIn its going to town on the fact he's South Asian and Indian heritage and our brilliant owners etc...

Looks like a signing to attract more of the Indian heritage fans to me...

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Correct.

4 wrongs don't make a right.

End of the day, players have the ultimate say. There is no getting away from it.

The fact a Spurs fan would move 200 miles and down a division is not about his wage now, or his choice of club.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Healey would be a shite signing - end of.

Right, no more discussion - Clitheroe has decided for us

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

But surely there are loads that played well that don't make it as professionals...picking those 4 our conveniently backs up your argument.

I've never seen him onceπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ although looking at the Rovers PR machine on LinkedIn its going to town on the fact he's South Asian and Indian heritage and our brilliant owners etc...

Looks like a signing to attract more of the Indian heritage fans to me...

Ah that’s why you’re not waxing lyrical about this. Figures.

• Like 1

If clubs are being quoted Β£5m for Healey, I can't see us going for him. Even if it's a loan to buy.Β 

Only thing I could find on his contract length was on transfermarket which had it expiring in 2023 (probably wrong)Β 

Β£5m would seem a lot if he's in the last year of his contract come this summer.

Rhys Healey just doesn't seem to fit the mould of player that we've been signing under Mowbray, don't quite understand it. 27 and no real resell value you wouldn't have thought, even if he had 2 years for us and scored 20 goals in both seasons, that'd take him to just before his 30th birthday. Unless it's a loan with a view to buy in summer that we're not actually interested in fulfilling and are hoping he gets us promoted this season whilst on loan. Will reserve judgement on this one should it happen but I'd prefer Maja.Β 

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Delighted with the Markandy deal. Hopefully it will be a little bit like signing Harvey Elliott without having to pay a fortune by way of loan fee for him then wave him a sad farewell after a successful season.

"a little bit"---I can agree with that!