BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Assuming Markanday signs, where does he play and how does he fit into our current system?

Spurs fans have said he’s recently converted from a winger to a striker. I see him as competition for Khadra.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Assuming Markanday signs, where does he play and how does he fit into our current system?

I'm guessing he's competing with Khadra and Brereton. Moreover, Mowbray experimented with Clarkson and Poveda as the No.10, before Buckley became the regular, so, can imagine him throwing him in there, if Buckley's absent.

To start with, I guess he'll take Butterworth's place on the bench and, perhaps, his place at the club. We'll have to see if Butterworth will sign a new deal or if Rovers will even offer him one, as Transfermakt site has his contract expiring in June, though, there might be the possibility of the 1 year extension, which the club seems to insert as a standard clause. It's a shame for him, as he's shown fleeting glimpses but hasn't quite had the minutes to convince, I'd say.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan falling down the pecking order .....

From his reviews he seems different to Dolan. I think it's very much a case of keeping options open. If we sign him we could theoretically line up/change mid match to any of the following:

Diaz - Buckley - Khadra

Diaz - Dack - Khadra

Diaz - Buckley - Dolan

Diaz - Gallagher - Khadra

Diaz - Markanday - Dolan

(didn't realise how many permutations there were before starting this but you get the point)

We'd effectively have (once Dack is back) 7 players to fight for 3 places, not including Butterworth.

Add another central striker into that and all of a sudden we don't look anywhere near as bare as we did 2 weeks ago.

I'd like another central striker, Maja would be my wish of links we've seen so far. Far more pressing concern for me is that midfield 2 though. Travis was good but looks leggy, and Rothwell is our golden boy this season. Need one more to cover in there as Johnson's just a yard off it this season and Davenport is terrible.

Edited by Mellor Rover

49 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Spurs fans have said he’s recently converted from a winger to a striker. I see him as competition for Khadra.

Using Gally as an example Mowbary might switch him back.  Unless he's short then he will go in the middle.

5 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

From his reviews he seems different to Dolan. I think it's very much a case of keeping options open. If we sign him we could theoretically line up/change mid match to any of the following:

Diaz - Buckley - Khadra

Diaz - Dack - Khadra

Diaz - Buckley - Dolan

Diaz - Gallagher - Khadra

Diaz - Markanday - Dolan

(didn't realise how many permutations there were before starting this but you get the point)

We'd effectively have (once Dack is back) 7 players to fight for 3 places, not including Butterworth.

Add another central striker into that and all of a sudden we don't look anywhere near as bare as we did 2 weeks ago.

I'd like another central striker, Maja would be my wish of links we've seen so far. Far more pressing concern for me is that midfield 2 though. Travis was good but looks leggy, and Rothwell is our golden boy this season. Need one more to cover in there as Johnson's just a yard off it this season and Davenport is terrible.

We definitely need more options in the attacking midfield role.

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Bannan is a very good player, pulls all the strings at Wednesday, far to similar to Dack though for me.

Good shout though skous.

I watch a fair bit of Wednesday and for me Bannan is one of the most overrated players in the EFL. He's found his level.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I watch a fair bit of Wednesday and for me Bannan is one of the most overrated players in the EFL. He's found his level.

He's also absolutely nothing like Travis.

19 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

He's also absolutely nothing like Travis.

Nor Dack as seen suggested here. Dack contributes for a start. 13 goals in the Champ throughout his entire career! Have no idea why the hype train has always been so high.

Edited by S8 & Blue

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Nor Dack as seen suggested here. Dack contributes for a start. 13 goals in the Champ throughout his entire career! Have no idea why the hype train has always been so high.

Really surprised by that! I know he plays pretty deep, but I still would've thought he would've managed far more than 13. That's the record of an average centre back. Charlie Mulgrew almost beat that in one year!

Always one of those players who looks better on highlights reels. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Really surprised by that! I know he plays pretty deep, but I still would've thought he would've managed far more than 13. That's the record of an average centre back. Charlie Mulgrew almost beat that in one year!

Always one of those players who looks better on highlights reels. 

I make it 15 (in 291 appearances!) according to Wiki but the point still stands. For comparison Dacky has 27 in 80 appearances. (Championship figures only)

Edited by windymiller7
clarification
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Just wait until Scott's younger brother Adam is introduced in to the first team squad.......you'll 'cream your jeans' then!

Fabulously gifted midfielder!

I haven't seen him, but heard that he is the dogs do dahs.