BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 minutes ago, yankfan said:

The boy needs to be playing games.  His confidence is clearly shaken too.  I think a loan where he gets consistent playing time would suit him.  If we bring in more wide players, he's only going to fall further down the line.  

Yes, he's not good at either job, attacking or defending....all fur coat and no knickers for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

TM kept playing Rothwell on the wing for ages and then converted him into a central midfielder. Hedges has a fair bit of pace I believe so who knows?

He was always a better central player, but Dack kept him out of the line up.  The old formation didn't suit Rothwell very well as the attacking mid was playing off a target man, not asked to carry the ball forward as he is now.  I also think Rothwell has really improved upon his defensive work.  Before Dack was playing more of a free number 10 role and Rothwell did fine with his cameos filling in, but he wasn't really trusted with much defensive reloadabilities.  That's been his biggest improvement this campaign.  The idea that Dack could step in for Rothwell seems off to me, as I think Rothwell currently provides more defensive cover than Dack traditionally has.  

24 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

TM kept playing Rothwell on the wing for ages and then converted him into a central midfielder. Hedges has a fair bit of pace I believe so who knows?

Never seen Hedges play - but I have seen somebody else mention that he could be an eventual replacement for Rothwell.

Healey is starting for Toulouse tonight. So he isn't close to joining us. I don't see us paying this 5 million pounds asking price if thats true and I would agree with that. Most I would pay for Healey is between 1.5 to 2 million pounds. If we want a striker why not look at a short term contract for Jermaine Defoe who has just left Rangers. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Wouldnt make sense, not least in that our current formation wouldnt fit them all in.

Screenshot_20220119-130712_Twitter.jpg

Does this mean we are changing formation and going 4-3-3 now? 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I watched Hedges last night and thought he looked really good 👍🏼

Paul, please can you explain why you thought he was really good yesterday and where do you think he would fit in here?

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

We should target Styles from Barnsley if O'Reilly heading elsewhere

how much would he cost? and do we not need more tackling defensive midfielder?

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Healey is starting for Toulouse tonight. So he isn't close to joining us. I don't see us paying this 5 million pounds asking price if thats true and I would agree with that. Most I would pay for Healey is between 1.5 to 2 million pounds. If we want a striker why not look at a short term contract for Jermaine Defoe who has just left Rangers. 

Paul, please can you explain why you thought he was really good yesterday and where do you think he would fit in here?

Moving away from a back 3 would be stupidity.

Its just a rumour though and even if the player did join, there is no way that a random journalist knows how we will set up.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have no idea how much he would cost.Although O'Reilly is different to Styles, O' Reilly certainly isn't a tackling defensive midfielder so presumably Mowbray looking for a midfielder who can help in attack.

Styles would definitely add to the squad and would be a decent replacement for Rothwell if he leaves at the end of the season and we are still a championship club.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its just a rumour though and even if the player did join, there is no way that a random journalist knows how we will set up.

Agree. Mowbray has rightly got some stick for being far too eager to change the team, but to be fair he's been pretty consistent in keeping systems in place until it's clear that it isn't working. In fact last season he didn't even change the system after it became obvious that it was holding us back.

Changing to three at the back has signalled our amazing form and the wider footballing community talking about Mowbray as a managerial genius. There isn't a cat in hells chance that he'll change things now to accommodate Ryan Hedges.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He is far from a random Journalist given that he is one of Sky Sports main reporter

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Have no idea how much he would cost.Although O'Reilly is different to Styles, O' Reilly certainly isn't a tackling defensive midfielder so presumably Mowbray looking for a midfielder who can help in attack.

Styles would definitely add to the squad and would be a decent replacement for Rothwell if he leaves at the end of the season and we are still a championship club.

But we don't know Mowbray wants centre midfielder type wise. 

I see Buckley as Rothwell's replacement in the midfield 2. Personally I can see Rothwell staying at the club anyway. 

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It isn't the Spanish inquisition !

🙂

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we don't know Mowbray wants centre midfielder type wise. 

If reports are correct he wanted O'Reilly so presumably a midfielder like that 

Rothwell will leave if no promotion

Edited by islander200

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

On what basis?If we don't go up its unlikely we will be improving the terms offered to him.Terms he has so far turned down

You're right.  If he was going to sign he would with a promotion pay rise built in.... sign it now and no risk if he gets injured.  He must be thinking of leaving.

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You're right.  If he was going to sign he would with a promotion pay rise built in.... sign it now and no risk if he gets injured.  He must be thinking of leaving.

If he were to get injured would he not be covered by insurance on his present contract ?

Edited by rigger