BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 hour ago, booth said:

After last night I’d like a striker to replace Gallagher and a midfield destroyer.

Healey or Maja and a Batty type for midfield with a good engine.

I would like to see sign a defensive midfielder who can tackle in the next 11 days of the transfer window. 

On Healey or Maja(or other potential names) is would a proper centre striker actually fit into our side or would we be better changing formation to 4-3-3 for example and bring in a proper centre striker. Its an interesting debate and questions to be answers. Yes I have enjoyed watching us defending properly and keep 7 clean sheets in 8 games prior to last night game but I do feel that last night in the second half we should have change formation and gone 4-3-3. 

27 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think Mowbray thought he could get away without Brereton for a game so there hasn’t been real urgency behind bringing in a true CF. That one game has now become two and we suddenly look toothless up top even with Brereton in the side!

As you’re all saying, we need somebody in ASAP - and not another one of these wide forward types.

But we don't play with a proper striker/number 9 type in the formation we have been playing until last night which has produce 26 points from 10 games prior to the Hull game. 

22 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Everywhere he’s been he’s been a big advocate for the academy .

The Rovers academy is important to the club and we need to continue to produce and bring through our own players from the Academy. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

We absolutely need a new senior striker in. like now! 

I wonder with Gallagher just signing a new contract whether that effects how much funds the venks are willing to release for another new centre forward

I was of a similar thought process, however watching that last night, playing a central striker creates a MASSIVE gap between our midfield and front 3, Buckley playing as the 10 seems to stop that happening. Decisions decisions!

17 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

West Ham manager David Moyes has put Blackburn's 20-goal hitman Ben Brereton Diaz at the top of his January shopping list.

- Sky Sports Paper Talk

Still a possibility that Breo could be swiped this month, hopefully not!

Let’s hope he’s been watching the last few games.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Not signing this lad then.

Do we really need him? Sounds like a good player but we've got Buckley and the return of Dack. I'd prefer a more combative midfielder as we don't have many of those. They give the flair players the platform to show their talents. 

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Do we really need him? Sounds like a good player but we've got Buckley and the return of Dack. I'd prefer a more combative midfielder as we don't have many of those. They give the flair players the platform to show their talents. 

I have no idea to be honest.

I know we've been linked with him a few times in the last few days, so just thought I'd post that.

15 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

He’s more of a Rothwell than a Dack.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think Mowbray thought he could get away without Brereton for a game so there hasn’t been real urgency behind bringing in a true CF. That one game has now become two and we suddenly look toothless up top even with Brereton in the side!

As you’re all saying, we need somebody in ASAP - and not another one of these wide forward types.

Both Gallagher and Diaz need room to operate - neither have great close control (though Diaz is definitely improving) and are definitely best against a stretched defence. Against Hull neither really had the room to operate - I think our tactics may have been found out more than anything.

I thought Markanday looked good last night when he had the ball at feet - possibly will add that extra against a packed defence.

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Both Gallagher and Diaz need room to operate - neither have great close control (though Diaz is definitely improving) and are definitely best against a stretched defence. Against Hull neither really had the room to operate - I think our tactics may have been found out more than anything.

I thought Markanday looked good last night when he had the ball at feet - possibly will add that extra against a packed defence.

Four games in a row where we've been far from our best would suggest you are correct. Mowbray needs to earn his corn now and produce a plan B. Particularly for when we fall behind as we just look clueless once it happens (thankfully not often at all, of late!).

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Four games in a row where we've been far from our best would suggest you are correct. Mowbray needs to earn his corn now and produce a plan B. Particularly for when we fall behind as we just look clueless once it happens (thankfully not often at all, of late!).

I thought it was 5 games - Barnsley, Huddersfield, Wigan, Cardiff, Hull.

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought it was 5 games - Barnsley, Huddersfield, Wigan, Cardiff, Hull.

We played ok v Barnsley,our finishing was off.

Huddersfield the pitch was like a swimming pool both teams created nothing of note.

We were cruising in the Wigan game until Pears completely lost it.

Both Cardiff and Hull we were very poor agreed, but a small defence can be made in the Cardiff game with it being BCD and last night the manager decided to be too clever rather than just replacing Travis with Davenport or Johnson .

Fingers crossed we can get back on it Monday night

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to see sign a defensive midfielder who can tackle in the next 11 days of the transfer window. 

On Healey or Maja(or other potential names) is would a proper centre striker actually fit into our side or would we be better changing formation to 4-3-3 for example and bring in a proper centre striker. Its an interesting debate and questions to be answers. Yes I have enjoyed watching us defending properly and keep 7 clean sheets in 8 games prior to last night game but I do feel that last night in the second half we should have change formation and gone 4-3-3. 

But we don't play with a proper striker/number 9 type in the formation we have been playing until last night which has produce 26 points from 10 games prior to the Hull game. 

The Rovers academy is important to the club and we need to continue to produce and bring through our own players from the Academy. 

I think you are taking the word "striker" too literally. There is absolutely no reason why a striker couldn't fit into the current formation which we would be crazy to ditch. As long as he is the right type of striker, ie someone with pace who could offer us a goal threat that only Brereton does from the current crop, then we could fit another striker without a formation revamp.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We played ok v Barnsley,our finishing was off.

Huddersfield the pitch was like a swimming pool both teams created nothing of note.

We were cruising in the Wigan game until Pears completely lost it.

Both Cardiff and Hull we were very poor agreed, but a small defence can be made in the Cardiff game with it being BCD and last night the manager decided to be too clever rather than just replacing Travis with Davenport or Johnson .

Fingers crossed we can get back on it Monday night

I’m worried about the ‘ Boro game. They’re in a good run of form and Wilder is still a good manager in my book. A win against them would get the show back on the road. The point that teams have found us out is hard to avoid. Down to the manager now. I’m just hoping Trav’s Covid hasn’t spread.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Davenport for me. Travis needs to be 100% if he plays . JRC playing half fit was enough last night.

Davenport for me too, not sure why there's a reluctance to include him.

I think in fairness Edun would have been brought into midfield normally but he's obviously needed as cover for Pickering at present.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

I was of a similar thought process, however watching that last night, playing a central striker creates a MASSIVE gap between our midfield and front 3, Buckley playing as the 10 seems to stop that happening. Decisions decisions!

What we really need is a proper impact sub! Someone that can just come on and really ruffle some feathers and stir things up, a dickov, bellamy type of charecter, but naaa not with mowbray, he cant handle MEN with strong outspoken personalities. 

• Like 1