BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

12 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

counter-intuitive;  surely if they're a big lumbering defence, their worst nightmare is small, mobile, nippy forwards with the ball played to feet.  Risk of matching a tall forward against big defence is opening the easy option to just hoof the ball towards him......

Who would be a manager - agree with what you are saying - but it would leave us exposed at set pieces (especially if they have height throughout the team). Also a risk that we don't have an out ball. Added to this debate is Gallaghers poor form the other night - and his historic inability against a big centre half. Not certain how I would play it - though Kehdra does need to realise he isn't a one man team.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

Khadra   Markandy      

Rothwell   Buckley   Travis    

Edun               Nyambe

Wharton   van Hecke   Lenihan    

Kaminski

That's gotta be the squad against 'boro. If I discover Gally is starting, I think i'll just munch my hotdog then consider heading home

Save yourself the hot dog. Gally is almost nailed on to start, and the lineup is announced for anyone to see a full hour before kickoff.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

1 hour ago, Glosrover said:

wonder what Jordan Rhodes and Rudy are doing these days - still playing??

Did Rhodes not come on against us the other day for Huddersfield? Gestede is playing in Iran, presumably getting a final pay check 😉

2 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Given the level of officiating in the Championship it might be worth trying to start with an extra man, they probably wouldn't notice.

We've been on the end of some terrible officiating recently.

I once went to a Rugby League match at Oldham were they came out after half time and started with 14 players. They’d been playing about 10 minutes before the penny dropped and the referee was notified.

1 hour ago, lraC said:

There is some definite over reaction going on here, which is understandable given the last few years and especially the death spirals.

Looking at the bigger picture, the clean sheets and consecutive wins, surely has to allay this to a degree, so let's all calm down and see what the next 6 games bring.

Yeah think after the next 6 things will become a lot clearer, we will either be firmly in the mix for Automatic or will be worrying about making the playoffs.

Hopefully the Hull match will act as a reminder to Mowbray to not move away from the formation that has served us so well these past couple of months

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Costello needs a loan at  a club where he can cut his teeth in his favoured position. I don't think he has the athelticism to play out wide in any shape or form. He could however become a very useful centre midfielder.

Do we know what his favoured position is? I haven't seen much of him but I genuinely can't tell what position/role he might pin down in the team at this level (or, whisper it, higher). I recognise he has had a lot of injuries and disruption to his career, which is a big shame, but he doesn't look a player - at least not at the moment. Pre-injuries, what position did he look best in? I thought it was a more attacking midfielder type??

39 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Costello needs a loan at  a club where he can cut his teeth in his favoured position. I don't think he has the athelticism to play out wide in any shape or form. He could however become a very useful centre midfielder.

Maybe the answer to the Travis back up , or not hard enough?

• Like 1

Not a chance on this earth that we would be able to pay Lawrence the wages he will be accustomed to.

If we were the only show in town he would still expect us to get close to what Derby are paying him - a lot - but up against Bournemouth and QPR no chance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not a chance on this earth that we would be able to pay Lawrence the wages he will be accustomed to.

If we were the only show in town he would still expect us to get close to what Derby are paying him - a lot - but up against Bournemouth and QPR no chance.

The only away around it would be to pay Derby a pittance of a fee for him and pay the lad a substantial amount of a signing on fee. Then wages in line with Rovers wage policy on top. 

The problem there though is the fact other clubs are involved which Derby will use in a bidding war/auction to try and get the best fee for him in their predicament. Which will still be dirt cheap for whoever does sign him!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's zero chance of any of the top few Clubs selling a key player to each other I'd have thought, the only value a bid for Solanke would have would be to wind Bournemouth up and try to unsettle the player as they did with us when they publicised an alleged interest in Rothwell.

I wasn’t being serious, it was a hypothetical question.

14 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Derby are only paying him the maximum of £5k per week under the terms of administration. Thats the highest wage payable to all of their current players who are under contract.

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

The only away around it would be to pay Derby a pittance of a fee for him and pay the lad a substantial amount of a signing on fee. Then wages in line with Rovers wage policy on top. 

The problem there though is the fact other clubs are involved which Derby will use in a bidding war/auction to try and get the best fee for him in their predicament. Which will still be dirt cheap for whoever does sign him!

Derbys administrators need urgent cash, this means they cannot rely on a bidding war between clubs as clubs will already know the issues with DCFC. It will be down to which club the player himself fancies going to, the fee will be guided in all reality by the highest bidder and I dont see any club offering huge sums of cash for a player who might be released from his contract due to the club being financially bankrupt and being liquidated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Derbys administrators need urgent cash, this means they cannot rely on a bidding war between clubs as clubs will already know the issues with DCFC. It will be down to which club the player himself fancies going to, the fee will be guided in all reality by the highest bidder and I dont see any club offering huge sums of cash for a player who might be released from his contract due to the club being financially bankrupt and being liquidated.

To be fair when administrators are in place they ve to get the best price for a Companys assets to pay off its creditors. They ll take  the top offer on the table  then upto the player to decide i would think.

Good point about his wages getting paid at this moment in time though.

The administrator has a general duty to act in the best interests of creditors as a whole, and this applies especially in their duty to get a good deal when entering into a sale agreement to sell a company's business and assets, either as part of a pre-pack sale or as a sale during a trading administration.

Edited by HowieFive0

3 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

The guy just looked rusty. 

But it was a pity he replaced Nyambe, as he would've been a better replacement for Trav.

4 hours ago, Glosrover said:

counter-intuitive;  surely if they're a big lumbering defence, their worst nightmare is small, mobile, nippy forwards with the ball played to feet.  Risk of matching a tall forward against big defence is opening the easy option to just hoof the ball towards him......

I agree. But I bet that’s Mowbrays thinking. He loves trying to adapt our team to the opposition every now and then (ie. Having Gallagher in to help defend corners) rather than us imposing our game on them

7 hours ago, Glosrover said:

In theory that works, in practice it doesn’t.

• Like 1