BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, Iceman said:

If we dont sort ourselves out, then im afraid its going to be tough to even make the playoffs. This is not the right time to lose form, because any mistake, and we let another team in..

I'm sorry Iceman, it would take a capitulation of epic proportions to not make top 6 from here. Possible yes, but unlikely. The teams below us all play each other at some point, they can't all win.  

Second point, we've lost one game in 11 and kept 7 clean sheet in the last 9, conceding 3 goals. We aren't out of form we had two tricky away games and gained 3 points. If we won one and lost one away from home from now til the end of the season, we'd stroll into the playoffs. West Brom are out of form, Bournemouth are out of form, we are not.

Let's not overreact after one game. Huddersfield didn't think they'd go up the season they did either, and there's not a single team that could be in the playoffs that we couldn't beat/already beat this season. There were plenty of bumps in the road in league one towards the end of the season, Northampton at home, Bristol Rovers away, Plymouth away...

It's going to be a very long last few months of the season if we react like this to a loss because we're going to lose a few more yet, and could well lose on Monday!

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Square pegging he is originally a midfielder

When was the last time he played there? May as well play Kaminski up top instead of Gallagher because I heard he played there for his high school team.

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

When was the last time he played there? May as well play Kaminski up top instead of Gallagher because I heard he played there for his high school team.

Now you are being silly pal! We needed a defensive midfielder to break up play v Hull. We still require one if/when Travis is out. Lenihan can play that position with ease and it still leaves adequate cover across the back 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Now you are being silly pal! We needed a defensive midfielder to break up play v Hull. We still require one if/when Travis is out. Lenihan can play that position with ease and it still leaves adequate cover across the back 3.

Much rather bring Davenport in and leave Lenihan at the back though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Lenihen hasn't played that position in years.

Why are we still paying Johnson and Davenport if we are going to put a centre half in midfield ahead of them?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I can see your thinking I just don’t agree.

It’s also a bit risky to play all 4 of our fit/experienced CB’s at once. With our luck it’s a sure fire way to pick up an injury!

Talk about reactionary. We lost a game. To me it looked like the plan was to bypass midfield, get it to the forwards to hold up then push up and support. Sometimes things just don't work out. We failed to hold up the ball adequately and the supply of balls forward (Wharton and one good ball by Costello apart) were poor.  We still could and probably should have squeezed a point out of that one.

Onto Boro, Travis back, Zeeifuck in at right back, revert to our succesful system of play, hopefully get a win.

Gk: Kaminski

Dc: Wharton

Dc: Van Hecke (Be tempted to play Ayala against his old club)

Dc: Lenihan

Lwb: Edun (Pickering is a big miss)

Rwb: Zeeifuck

Cm: Travis

Cm: Rothwell

Cm: Buckley

Lf: Brereton (Makanday)

Cf: Gallagher

Rf: Khadra

I think with Edun and Zeeifuk as wingbacks it'd be beneficial to have them both as high up the pitch as possible- I like Edun a lot but I don't think defending is his strongest attribute. I wouldn't want to playing on the back foot encouraging pressure down the flanks.

Probably could do with some reinforcements in centre mid or make the most out of Davenport.  We can't get away with two centre mids.

My concern is how we'd change the game form the bench... 

Boro will be coming to nick an early goal and hold onto that. Rovers are immense at home.

3-1 Rovers after an early goal from Boro, super Joe to rip them a new one and Makanday brace, promotion back on track.

8 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Talk about reactionary. We lost a game. To me it looked like the plan was to bypass midfield, get it to the forwards to hold up then push up and support. Sometimes things just don't work out. We failed to hold up the ball adequately and the supply of balls forward (Wharton and one good ball by Costello apart) were poor.  We still could and probably should have squeezed a point out of that one.

Onto Boro, Travis back, Zeeifuck in at right back, revert to our succesful system of play, hopefully get a win.

I think with Edun and Zeeifuk as wingbacks it'd be beneficial to have them both as high up the pitch as possible- I like Edun a lot but I don't think defending is his strongest attribute. I wouldn't want to playing on the back foot encouraging pressure down the flanks.

Probably could do with some reinforcements in centre mid or make the most out of Davenport.  We can't get away with two centre mids.

Boro will be coming to nick an early goal and hold onto that. Rovers are immense at home.

3-1 Rovers after an early goal from Boro, super Joe to rip them a new one and Makanday brace, promotion back on track.

Nyambe should be straight back in. Anything else would be lunacy.

Ayala would have to wait until there are signs that any of the other three CB's who have done so well are struggling for me as well.

And why on earth would you pick Gallagher after his horror show on Wednesday? He should never play for us again!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 6

We must be desperate for three points if we're starting with 12 men!

Given the level of officiating in the Championship it might be worth trying to start with an extra man, they probably wouldn't notice.

We've been on the end of some terrible officiating recently.

Edited by Bohinen1983
  • Like 1

hahahaha, I didn't clock that. Also thought Nyambe was unavailable:

Nyambe in at right back and Drop Gallagher then!

Khadra   Markandy      

Rothwell   Buckley   Travis    

Edun               Nyambe

Wharton   van Hecke   Lenihan    

Kaminski

That's gotta be the squad against 'boro. If I discover Gally is starting, I think i'll just munch my hotdog then consider heading home

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Khadra   Markandy      

Rothwell   Buckley   Travis    

Edun               Nyambe

Wharton   van Hecke   Lenihan    

Kaminski

That's gotta be the squad against 'boro. If I discover Gally is starting, I think i'll just munch my hotdog then consider heading home

It will definitely be Gallagher as Boro are quite a big team physically so Mowbray will think Gallagher will be suited to that, despite the fact he never wins any headers or physical battles

24 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

I think with that team we would definitely win!! 12 against 11 should do nicely. 👍😂😂

Anyhow C'mon Rovers, chop chop, only ten days to go and ideally three additional bodies in needed. Striker, central midfield, back up keeper?

Let's get the business done early and not be messing about in the last few hours of the window then miss out like in summer.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Square pegging he is originally a midfielder

Colin Hendy springs to mind here. We signed him as a centre half, but he was a centre forward initially. Not many were as good as him, once his true position was discovered and I am convinced Centre half is Lenihan's correct position too.

There is some definite over reaction going on here, which is understandable given the last few years and especially the death spirals.

Looking at the bigger picture, the clean sheets and consecutive wins, surely has to allay this to a degree, so let's all calm down and see what the next 6 games bring.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyhow C'mon Rovers, chop chop, only ten days to go and ideally three additional bodies in needed. Striker, central midfield, back up keeper?

Let's get the business done early and not be messing about in the last few hours of the window then miss out like in summer.

It's been obvious to me that the three positions you have identified are where we need reinforcing with experienced, proven players.

We should have acted as soon as the window opened if we were serious about automatic promotion. For a start, we would not have had to change tactics against Hull due to one player catching Covid. Sitting in 2nd/3rd place and with FFP buffer from Armstrong/Training ground sale, this opportunity won't come around again.  

It's a chance for Venky's to show real intent and rebuild some bridges but they need to act decisively. If not the chance will be lost.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

It will definitely be Gallagher as Boro are quite a big team physically so Mowbray will think Gallagher will be suited to that, despite the fact he never wins any headers or physical battles

counter-intuitive;  surely if they're a big lumbering defence, their worst nightmare is small, mobile, nippy forwards with the ball played to feet.  Risk of matching a tall forward against big defence is opening the easy option to just hoof the ball towards him......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

It's been obvious to me that the three positions you have identified are where we need reinforcing with experienced, proven players.

We should have acted as soon as the window opened if we were serious about automatic promotion. For a start, we would not have had to change tactics against Hull due to one player catching Covid. Sitting in 2nd/3rd place and with FFP buffer from Armstrong/Training ground sale, this opportunity won't come around again.  

It's a chance for Venky's to show real intent and rebuild some bridges but they need to act decisively. If not the chance will be lost.

Surely the team at Ewood Mowbray, Waggott etc will know what budget they have for January.

It's down to them to get the deals done, only way owners to blame if radio silence and the team on the ground don't know the budget but that's unlikely considering they have brought 3 players in already.

• Like 2