BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

5 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Markandy untried at professional football we hand him a multi year deal and ping, his legs go after one game.....😒....why didn't we just loan him for a look like we.did with Poveda? 

Well done Mogga 

Hamstring injuries such as these are often suffered 'early season' whether it be athletics, football or whatever sport where there is intensity.  The step up from Spurs' PL2 to Championship football is huge in terms of physicality and intensity and is therefore not dissimilar to an 'early season' injury.  Spark Rover's comment is very valid.

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s got the feeling of the Harry Chapman signing. Pacy player getting hamstring injuries.

and each successive hamstring injury diminishes pace as best illustrated by Michael Own.

Surgery is horrible, complicated and comes with a long rehab.  I think Markandy will be lucky if he is ready to go at the beginning of next season.

I think it is 90% certain the injury will take at least half a yard off Markandy's pace.  Almost 50% of those who participate in sport at any level and suffer a hamstring rupture / tear requiring surgery experience a sizeable decrease in their pre injury activity levels.

It's a huge blow for both Rovers and Markandy and one can only wish the lad well. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

I don't post on here very often so don't shoot the messenger. Current state of play is as follows:

We've had a small cash bid go in for a Burnley midfielder. Possibly Dale Stephens. Tony wants to stiffen the midfield after the Hull game.

However, Pasha is insisting that Rothwell could go the other way to fund the deal as he sees it as the ideal chance to get his wages off the books before the summer.

Hedges could also arrive late on next week if we can make the money work.

Why would the issue with Rothwell be getting his wages off the books? If there was financial motivation it would be surely to get value before his contract expires, his contract is the one he signed after signing from Oxford so I doubt it is hefty and Stephens will be on more in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffRover said:

I don't post on here very often so don't shoot the messenger. Current state of play is as follows:

We've had a small cash bid go in for a Burnley midfielder. Possibly Dale Stephens. Tony wants to stiffen the midfield after the Hull game.

However, Pasha is insisting that Rothwell could go the other way to fund the deal as he sees it as the ideal chance to get his wages off the books before the summer.

Hedges could also arrive late on next week if we can make the money work.

Sorry not having that at all.

Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why would the issue with Rothwell be getting his wages off the books? If there was financial motivation it would be surely to get value before his contract expires, his contract is the one he signed after signing from Oxford so I doubt it is hefty and Stephens will be on more in the Premier League.

As I said above, the person I got this info from does get bits. Some things come off and some don't. It's always tricky when trying to relay third hand information.

As I said above, it doesn't make much sense and sounds like nonsense. Let's hope it is.

Edited by JeffRover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

As I said above, the person I got this info from does get bits. Some things come off and some don't. It's always tricky when trying to relay third hand information.

As I said above, it doesn't make much sense and sounds like nonsense. Let's hope it is.

Agreed, lets hope as it sounds that it is nonsense. It seems that much of the information that spills out is false; there was one day in the summer when it was announced on here that Rothwell was leaving that very day and Adam Reach was joining. Neither happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, all you need is duff said:

Am I the only one who thinks there is something not quite right about this Markanday injury? Feel like he was never going to be ready until next season but we wanted to make a big deal out of giving him his debut and have then made up an injury. Maybe I’m still stuck in the Kean days mentally 

It is very unusual for a player to have such a serious injury without going to ground at any time and to walk off the pitch at the end. Conspiracy theorists can have a field day. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

Looks like the Hedges button will be pushed  now … Scored & an Assist today in his 60 minutes today ….. That’s some freaking Hamstring pull from young DM … hope he makes a quick recovery… 

I keep saying that I don't think Hedges is the answer but I guess we'll see. I suppose if he can keep fit that might be enough at the mo!

6 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I hope it’s not filtering through to the players but it does feel a little like things are conspiring against us at the minute. Terrible referees, injuries, fixtures being moved, late winners for some of the chasing pack.

If ever there was a time to bounce back and get confidence moving again it’s on Monday. 

I hope the players aren't feeling as paranoid - I disagree entirely that events are conspiring against us. If one of our main rivals for automatic promotion (Bournemouth) playing like a bag of spanners is "events conspiring against us" then I'll have some of that!

We've had a remarkable run with injuries really in the first half of the season, the success has been based on fielding the same eleven players game after game and that couldn't go on indefinitely.

It's a shame that BB is missing for 2 games but really the Chile thing has been central to his transformation. It's even more of a shame that DM is injured but whilst the circumstances do seem extremely odd, injuries happen.

What we do need is our recruitment department to stop picking fluff out of their naval for once and bring in the players we need in the positions we actually need them as opposed to simply waiting until the last minute and ringing round enquiring who is available on loan.

Really our targets should all have been lined up and deals done in the first week of the window for me but hey ho. There's a lot still to be done, and we need results and deals got over the line not the usual hard luck stories after the event

• Like 3

No club in the championship should be going anywhere near Dale Stephens. I have a lot of dingle mates and by all accounts his legs have gone. He was a good player years ago but not anymore and hasn’t been for a long time. Not good enough for even league one anymore. But I’ll take comfort in the fact that the last 122528047 transfer rumours on here have been bollocks. I hope this isn’t the time one is right 👍🏻

• Like 8

Surely, *surely*, one of our top players who has been key to this change up the table won’t be sent to our arch rivals as a makeweight to bring in a 33 year old journeyman?

It’s times like this when an Exec structure with no ‘Rovers men’, but instead an accountant, a used car salesman and some Pune conduit nobody ever sees makes you very worried…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I seriously doubt Rothwells wages are a major burden on club finances.

The chance to get some sort of fee a more likely driver.

Mental attitude to be expected from a twat.

I agree entirely. Stephens will be on a far bigger wage than Rothwell and even if he is prepared to take a drop it will still be significantly higher. It's about bringing some money in for Rothwell if this story has any legs. 

Please don't forget we are still owned by idiots.

• Like 3