BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

It's timing surely. If you make this players sensible enough and improved offers before the start of the 2020/21 season it's hard to believe any of them aren't signing them with 2 years still to run on their current deals.

Yeah but Rothwell wasn't even a regular at that point.He didn't start every game and when he did it wasn't in his self confessed preferred position of CM.

Nyambe should have been done I agree with that and a case for Lenihen but Lenihen had had interest from Sheffield United and we didn't look like finishing anywhere but mid table prior to this season .

38 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but Rothwell wasn't even a regular at that point.He didn't start every game and when he did it wasn't in his self confessed preferred position of CM.

Nyambe should have been done I agree with that and a case for Lenihen but Lenihen had had interest from Sheffield United and we didn't look like finishing anywhere but mid table prior to this season .

Take the point on Rothwell. He always looked like he had talent but Mowbray has largely wasted him up until relatively recently.

Not much better off with Kaminsky/Travis/Brereton/ either though are we? That would tend to indicate that in the past not enough attention has been paid to securing our major assets. I suspect that partly due to pressure from concerned parties that has now been rectified but it's probably too late for this year's three and possibly next year's batch as well.

Unless we get promoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was wondering the other day why we never seem to get any striking sensations coming out of the Academy.

It always seems to be either centre halves or even more predominantly slightly built technically gifted midfielders.

Yeah a few strikers would be good too...

Do the academy goalkeepers fall under Benson, I wasn't sure? He's not particularly highly rated is he if so.

Anyone think we could persuade Liverpool to let us have Elliott back, either on loan for the season or with an obligation to purchase for an agreed fee if we go up?

That would give everyone a huge lift, he would solve the right sided problem and could probably chip in with a few goals taking the pressure off BB a bit and reducing the need for another striker?

2 birds with one stone?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyone think we could persuade Liverpool to let us have Elliott back, either on loan for the season or with an obligation to purchase for an agreed fee if we go up?

That would give everyone a huge lift, he would solve the right sided problem and could probably chip in with a few goals taking the pressure off BB a bit and reducing the need for another striker?

2 birds with one stone?

Elliot was starting for Liverpool until he got injured and is considered their best young player.No chance they would let him out permanently

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

2 birds with one stone?

No. Not in a million years. He was a starter every week until his injury. There’s no chances on this earth that they’d let him go on loan and even less chance they’ll do that with an obligation for us to buy him. He’s probably a £35M player now. We’d quite literally have to sell Ewood to even show we could afford it. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not much better off with Kaminsky/Travis/Brereton/ either though are we?

If you are Waggot and you’re  leaving in the summer (allegedly) or you’re  Mowbray and your contract is up in the summer (and let’s be honest most thought he would be gone when that happened), where is the motivation to solve a problem occurring 2 years later down the line. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If you are Waggot and you’re  leaving in the summer (allegedly) or you’re  Mowbray and your contract is up in the summer (and let’s be honest most thought he would be gone when that happened), where is the motivation to solve a problem occurring 2 years later down the line. 

True.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

As it currently stands there have been only 2 derisory bids for Rothwell and not a single bid for DL or RN despite their form and despite the performance of the team that in itself paints a picture that it’s not all rosey outside of Ewood. It also clearly tells us all that there are bit bigger offers on the table from other Championship clubs there’s not even conclusive suggestions or evidence that premier league clubs are ready to move in with bids!

Yes, that's one side of it, but from our side if they leave then we still have to replace them and we have to be very very careful not to cut off our nose to spite our face.

We've committed the cardinal sin of allowing all these contracts to run down. That's water under the bridge now to some extent but what we mustn't do is compound the error by paying more for inferior players. 

We've seen that on this season's form DL RN and JR are top top players at  Championship level. Zeefiuck looks like he could be a useful addition to the squad but as a pure replacement for RN he'd cost a fee of 2.9 m euros or £ (can't remember which it was) and be on at least £15k p.w.

You could give RN a deal for 4 years at £15k p.w. for half that cost!

• Like 2

What if the 3 contract rebels have agreed new contracts with us 'in principle'. 3 absolutely top notch contracts are on the table under 1 condition, that we're in the top flight next season, otherwise they walk away for free....added to this promotion bonus that's seemingly up for grabs.

Not completely beyond the realms of possibility is it?!

If we were floundering in mid table the situation would no doubt be very different....

Yesterday or day before the let suggesting loan deals only and now it's permanent and loans being targeted, hopefully someone decent and no sob stories after deadline about how we tried our best to get them over the line 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19879473.bullish-tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest/

2 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

What if the 3 contract rebels have agreed new contracts with us 'in principle'. 3 absolutely top notch contracts are on the table under 1 condition, that we're in the top flight next season, otherwise they walk away for free....added to this promotion bonus that's seemingly up for grabs.

Not completely beyond the realms of possibility is it?!

If we were floundering in mid table the situation would no doubt be very different....

The promotion bonus should only be available to those who are still here next season!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The promotion bonus should only be available to those who are still here next season!

That would surely cause unnecessary divide within the squad. Bonuses are obviously commonplace im sure in every players contract so I dont get why ours are a story but the players should get rewarded for what they achieve relating to that season, not as a bribe. What about the loanees and players that contribute that have a contract for this season yet we choose not to retain them.

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When the story first came out about the bonuses it was suggested that it was an incentive for the players reaching the end of their contracts to continue to perform.

They are under contract this season, if we are promoted they will be getting their share

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yesterday or day before the let suggesting loan deals only and now it's permanent and loans being targeted, hopefully someone decent and no sob stories after deadline about how we tried our best to get them over the line 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19879473.bullish-tony-mowbray-delivers-blackburn-rovers-transfer-latest/

I don't think Sharpe has had a clue what the actual situation has been. There's been a (very) decent budget available all along in my view.

I have far less confidence in the ability of the people on the ground to get any deals over the line.

Here's hoping they prove me completely wrong (like Mowbray so far this season)  and that we're all celebrating come Monday evening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Or they didn’t think we’d be in the position where we are last summer and so didn’t want to commit 3/4 years.

But we are in that position now, and they're still not committing.

9 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't think Sharpe has had a clue what the actual situation has been. There's been a (very) decent budget available all along in my view.

I have far less confidence in the ability of the people on the ground to get any deals over the line.

Here's hoping they prove me completely wrong (like Mowbray so far this season)  and that we're all celebrating come Monday evening.

So if we dont spend much, youll be assumjng that the budget was there and it was just Mowbray and Waggott being incompetent?

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That would surely cause unnecessary divide within the squad. Bonuses are obviously commonplace im sure in every players contract so I dont get why ours are a story but the players should get rewarded for what they achieve relating to that season, not as a bribe. What about the loanees and players that contribute that have a contract for this season yet we choose not to retain them.

I think the bonuses that have been reported are a new thing on top of any performance bonuses that were already in their respective contracts.

As far as the loanees are concerned I don't see how we can pay bonuses to players who don't belong to us and if they want them and they came into force next season then it'd be an incentive for them to sign for us permanently as well.

We could afford it if we go up.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So if we dont spend much, youll be assumjng that the budget was there and it was just Mowbray and Waggott being incompetent?

Probably more Park and the recruitment department but I believe the budget is there if Mowbray wishes to spend it.

35 minutes ago, islander200 said:

When the story first came out about the bonuses it was suggested that it was an incentive for the players reaching the end of their contracts to continue to perform.

They are under contract this season, if we are promoted they will be getting their share

Is that a good thing?

It might be an incentive for them to perform until the end of the season but to me it would be a disincentive to sign a new deal here.

An invitation to pocket the cash at the end of the season then go looking for the highest bidder whilst their stock is high.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Is that a good thing?

It might be an incentive for them to perform until the end of the season but to me it would be a disincentive to sign a new deal here.

An invitation to pocket the cash at the end of the season then go looking for the highest bidder whilst their stock is high.

They ain't going to be signing any deals until the season plays out. 

They will only get this bonus if we are promoted, and if we are promoted then high chance  they will extend here.If we don't get promotion all 3 will likely be gone.

At least with 700k on offer at season end it gives extra motivation and a reason to go full throttle if minds have already been made up about moving on no matter what come summer.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or perhaps the offers on the table aren't good enough because for example the manager, like you, holds the ludicrous view that JRC is better than Nyambe?

Turn it in mate. Yeah, the same manager who now has us second place with the 15th highest budget in the league. It’s laughable that you could even consider yourself more qualified to pick a player than him.

Football is all about opinions but you waxing lyrical about Nyambe is painful. I stand by the my opinion that a fully fit JRC is a better WING BACK than Nyambe who’s a decent fullback but attacking abilities are average at best. Zeefuik provided a glimpse of what a decent wing back can do in 20 mins at the weekend. In those two fleeting moments he provided more penetration than Nyambe has done in 5yrs!

Back on point. Maybe the contracts on offer aren’t great? Maybe they are….the point I’m making is around people like you who chat so much bilge in order to run the club down. You don’t know anything about those contract negotiations …I don’t either (other than what SW told me) and even I don’t go round making out that was gospel….the end.

• Like 5