BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

3 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

In business you can only control costs, you cannot control income. Income is mostly a random function, you can plan and forecast all you like but you cannot control it.

If there is no cap on wage costs and there's no money coming through the turnstiles then there's only one outcome - no more club.

Someone once said that for every question there is always one obvious, easily stated, readily understood WRONG answer. Blaming the club for having a wage policy is wrong, blaming the club for players not accepting modest terms is wrong. Blaming stay away fans for not putting cash into the coffers gets more traction with me though no doubt I'll be howled down for that thought.

IMO the owners, who have done plenty wrong at our club, have at least got this one right. We need a wage policy. They are throwing their own money away by not cashing in on the want-away players and all in a bid at giving us the best possible shot at promotion. Plus they're funding new arrivals within the restrictions of FFP. What more could be realistically asked for?

If Ewood was full every week then I'd be the first to criticise the club for allowing contracts to run down but it's not. We have to wee with the willy we've got. If the players go they go. See who else is out there and WANTS to play for our great club and let's get on with it. COYB.

Most of what you say is technically correct of course but that is even more reason for ensuring that your prize assets are looked after at the appropriate time and not at the last minute when all the power is in the players' hands.

£30 m worth of talent potentially walking out for free in summer if we don't go up.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of what you say is technically correct of course but that is even more reason for ensuring that your prize assets are looked after at the appropriate time and not at the last minute when all the power is in the players' hands.

£30 m worth of talent potentially walking out for free in summer if we don't go up.

30 million? Lenihan, rothwell and naymbe are not worth 30 million combined

Think there's one already tbf.

Someone posts an inflammatory comment on here on the contract situation from either side and it snowballs from there.

Don't think we've detracted too much from transfer news over the last day or so as there doesn't seem to have been any.

Hopefully the calm before the storm!

18 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Do it Tony!

940AACCD-956D-4DBE-9CFC-FD9F8D97D014.png

According to the MEN his deal with Bournemouth was a loan with an OPTION to buy at £12m + £3m in add ons OR an OBLIGATION to buy at £9m + £12m in add ons IF they're promoted.

No idea if this particular player is any good but if he is then in theory given the one off position we're in, that's the sort of ambition we should be showing imo. (Elliott?)

Not Ryan bleeding Hedges.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

For all those moralising and trying to police the content of the threads, leave that to the mods and we are currently fully staffed, so we don’t need you to step in for us thanks.

Sometimes, threads go off on a tangent, so, if people end up talking about contracts in this thread, then let them.

Just so long as they aren’t being complete bell ends about it, it’s fine with me and luckily for me, that’s my call!

Happy Friday!

Phew!

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

According to the MEN his deal with Bournemouth was a loan with an OPTION to buy at £12m + £3m in add ons OR an OBLIGATION to buy at £9m + £12m in add ons IF they're promoted.

No idea if this particular player is any good but if he is then in theory given the one off position we're in, that's the sort of ambition we should be showing imo. (Elliott?)

How does an obligation to buy work ? The player is not a piece of meat and cannot be forced to sign for a new club if he doesn't want to.

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

How does an obligation to buy work ? The player is not a piece of meat and cannot be forced to sign for a new club if he doesn't want to.

It’s what the Brereton deal was wasn’t it? We had to buy him, he’d essentially already signed.

• Backroom
20 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Presumably the player agrees to contract terms before heading out on loan.

That or the club the player is being loaned to are obliged to put in an agreed offer no matter what, but the player can still reject contract terms and cause the transfer to fall through. 

Edited by DE.

8 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Really not worth lisnin to this noise, but always happy to hear that any of the 3 are (possibly/probably?) staying. Hope that bit is true.

A fully retained squad with one or two additions will prob see us at least in play-offs....assuming we can keep the cuffs on Tinker-Tony...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Really not worth lisnin to this noise, but always happy to hear that any of the 3 are (possibly/probably?) staying. Hope that bit is true.

A fully retained squad with one or two additions will prob see us at least in play-offs....assuming we can keep the cuffs on Tinker-Tony...

I thought this noise would be a change from JRC 😂

36 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

For all those moralising and trying to police the content of the threads, please leave that to the mods.
We are currently fully staffed, so we don’t need you to step in for us, thanks.

Sometimes, threads go off on a tangent, so, if people end up talking about contracts in this thread, then let them.

Just so long as they aren’t being complete bell ends about it, it’s fine with me and luckily for me, that’s my call!

Happy Friday!

I presume that was aimed at me?

I never mentioned contracts, and I take it you've deleted my post

what ever happened to freedom of speech pal?

10 minutes ago, RoverRB said:

Player agrees to it when they sign the initial loan agreement

But surely the player has the right to subsequently change their mind as anybody who has accepted a job offer from a potential future employer can ?

To do a deal like this would mean agreeing with the player terms for playing in the Premier League when we have not had an opportunity to see if we like him - a deal to avoid for me.

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, damo100 said:

I presume that was aimed at me?

I never mentioned contracts, and I take it you've deleted my post

what ever happened to freedom of speech pal?

It’s just a general point, you weren’t the only poster raising this over the last few days.

I don’t think it’s as deep as freedom of speech, it’s just more me advising that threads go off on a tangent on the forum and explaining why, as it had been questioned. So I thought it would be prudent to shed some light.

46 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also that the clauses are broken due to him going back… good news!