BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

His head was turned to Rovers as soon we wanted him in the summer and now Aberdeen let him go as a bargain for Rovers.

Still believe he is better than Butterworth and he will bring competition for places in the last 18 games for the season. He's player in the championship before so knows the league. Also gots 3 caps for Wales. 

16 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I keep reading that he's a winger - does anyone who has seen him play more have a handle on how he would be likely to fit into our system?

It's a tough one, i could see him fitting in the Buckley role, but also if we were to go with a more 'traditional' front 3, on the right hand side cutting in. Options and versatile, the way Tony likes em!

2 minutes ago, david brent said:

Rumours flying around that Rothwell has asked to leave for Bournemouth. The latest rumour is his Mrs wants to move to the south coast. I hope it’s wrong but just passing on what I’ve been told. If it’s true hopefully Rovers stand firm. 

Is this a wind up?

5 minutes ago, david brent said:

Rumours flying around that Rothwell has asked to leave for Bournemouth. The latest rumour is his Mrs wants to move to the south coast. I hope it’s wrong but just passing on what I’ve been told. If it’s true hopefully Rovers stand firm. 

I know your only passing it on but I don't believe that. 

Last week he was going to Burnley according to the rumours

I have some doubts about the potential Hedges signing, though, will give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt given the success of some recent attacking signings. Central midfield is the area of concern, unless Garrett is being nurtured to be the back-up, which doesn't appear to be the case. I think it's there we should be spending money if we're not bringing one of our own through.

If we're spending on a winger, I think we should be gathering all our money to test Brighton's resolve on us signing Khadra permanent now, before his value rises and/or circumstances potentially change. Hedges has done quite well at Aberdeen but the standard of the league is not too good these days (though the same can be said of the Champ) and Aberdeen sit in 6th - albeit, Hedges missed the start of the season with, I believe, a hamstring injury.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, david brent said:

Buuuuuuuuuullshit

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Is this a wind up?

Not at all. I’ve been posting on here on & off for 20 years and wouldn’t do that. Someone claimed on Facebook this morning that they know one of Rothwell’s family and he has asked to leave. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows someone given Rothwell is a Manchester lad. 

Then a good friend (who also used to post on here) said he’d been told same thing by someone who has contacts at Rovers, and that apparently it’s his wife who is pushing it. 

Latest one on FB is that Rothwell hasn’t travelled to Luton and has been told to have the weekend off. 

I reiterate that I hope it’s a load of nonsense…… but just passing on what my mate told me and also what’s flying around on FB.

• Like 1

Just now, riverholmes said:

I have some doubts about the potential Hedges signing, though, will give Mowbray the benefit of the doubt given the success of some recent attacking signings. Central midfield is the area of concern, unless Garrett is being nurtured to be the back-up, which doesn't appear to be the case. I think it's there we should be spending money if we're not bring one of our own through.

If we're spending on a winger, I think we should be gathering all our money to test Brighton's resolve on us signing Khadra permanent now, before his value rises and/or circumstances potentially change. Hedges has done quite well at Aberdeen but the standard of the league is not too good these days and Aberdeen sit in 6th (albeit, he missed the start of the season with, I believe, a hamstring injury).

Khadra would be a shrewd buy. He will only be better and better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bringdunnback said:

I'm 31, been on and off this board for 15 odd years and every time Unleaded posts I always get a bit excited for what's posted.

Sad, I know.

Maybe Unleaded knows anything about Rothwell...

If he's not travelled then something is not right.

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Maybe Unleaded knows anything about Rothwell...

If he's not travelled then something is not right.

He's also been injured. Even Johnson said it in his post match interview vs Boro.

3 minutes ago, david brent said:

Not at all. I’ve been posting on here on & off for 20 years and wouldn’t do that. Someone claimed on Facebook this morning that they know one of Rothwell’s family and he has asked to leave. Not beyond the realms of possibility that he knows someone given Rothwell is a Manchester lad. 

Then a good friend (who also used to post on here) said he’d been told same thing by someone who has contacts at Rovers, and that apparently it’s his wife who is pushing it. 

Latest one on FB is that Rothwell hasn’t travelled to Luton and has been told to have the weekend off. 

I reiterate that I hope it’s a load of nonsense…… but just passing on what my mate told me and also what’s flying around on FB.

I know you're only passing on what you've been told but IF this is true, then I don't see why he wouldn't just keep his head down for 4 more months. Fine if he wants to part ways after this. Hedges in for Rothwell simply isn't good enough.

Let's hope he's in the squad tomorrow and this is put to bed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I know you're only passing on what you've been told but IF this is true, then I don't see why he wouldn't just keep his head down for 4 more months. Fine if he wants to part ways after this. Hedges in for Rothwell simply isn't good enough.

Let's hope he's in the squad tomorrow and this is put to bed.

I completely agree

6 minutes ago, david brent said:

That doesn't make any sense. He's out of contract in the summer and can move wherever he wants. The wife can start looking at houses now if she wants. Pushing for a move now when there is a much more lucrative sign-on-fee later in the summer when he is a free agent. He doesn't even know what league Bmouth would be in next season either.

Outside that, according too Mowbray, they have rejected offer from other clubs that double of what Bmouth were bidding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briansol said:

That doesn't make any sense. He's out of contract in the summer and can move wherever he wants. The wife can start looking at houses now if she wants. Pushing for a move now when there is a much more lucrative sign-on-fee later in the summer when he is a free agent. He doesn't even know what league Bmouth would be in next season either.

Outside that, according too Mowbray, they have rejected offer from other clubs that double of what Bmouth were bidding. 

Dont try to apply common sense to this mate, it's bullshit.

Someone will have seen he hasn't travelled (if he hasnt), probably through his back injury, and put two and two together to stir up a storm. Could even have come from a Bournemouth fan, who knows!

1 minute ago, briansol said:

Footballers regularly make moves that appear nonsensical… often easily led by agents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Someone is passing on what he has heard and also been told. It may be true, it may not be, it’s probably best to wait and see, eh? 

So we ain't allowed to say we think it is bullshit?

Last week the "rumours" were he was going to Burnley.

Nobody having a go at the member who posted it, just think it's a load of waffle.

Rothwells Mrs decided she wanted to move to Bournemouth 24 hours after our manager went in front of the media and said Rothwell wasn't going anywhere?

It doesn't make sense for this to be true.

• Like 1