BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'd be amazed if Rothwell is going anywhere. Honestly, some people will believe any old guff they read on social media.

Not very happy with the Hedges signing if it's gone through. Scraping the barrel there imo.

Only judge a player on how he plays for the Rovers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

He's a daft lad if true, and we need to replace him asap.

He's not going anywhere. Odd how people can maliciously spread shite on the internet,  people take it as gospel and the player in question suddenly becomes public enemy number one without even doing anything.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead

If he wants to go, there’s no sense in keeping him, but I sincerely hope we are in for a replacement if that’s the case.

If it were my call, I wouldn’t be allowing it!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

He may well have, however, living and working in a lovely environment, great quality of life, financially set for life and a happy wife!  Persuasive factors.

Acid test is tomorrow.  If Rothwell doesn't play he may well be offski.

Rothwell isn't travelling tomorrow but HAS NOT asked to leave the club.....fact!

He still has a back injury issue (no doubt a bit of a sulk too because he and his agent haven't got his/their own way in terms of an increased contract offer over and above what's on the table)

Well played Rovers IMO!

Buckle down Joe, work your knackers off for the club that we all love and don't 'blot your copybook' by being seen as a greedy bastard!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's not going anywhere. Odd how people can maliciously spread shite on the internet,  people take it as gospel and the player in question suddenly becomes public enemy number one without even doing anything.

Yes but if it is true we need a replacement asap, a big loss if we don't.

Edited by booth

• Backroom

It makes no sense even from his side to leave now?

If he leaves now instead of summer, Rovers get a fee, he gets no sign-on, he potentially misses out on a bonus on offer by Venkys, and is risking joining a non-promoted club.

If he leaves in summer, he potentially gets a promotion bonus, and even if we don't get promoted, he still has Prem clubs after him, along with commanding a juicy sign-on fee.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Will do, but I'm entitled to my view on the signing before it happens.

You certainly are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine, that a new signing should be judged on his performance for the Rovers, not prejudged.

I'm not sure prem clubs will be beating his door down to be honest.

Could see a relegated club taking him if he stays until the summer.

I think whatever happens in the summer with Rovers, he won't be here next season.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Potentially could have sold Rothwell and gotten O’Riley for the same or less. 

Rothwell is a pro and won’t cause a stir in order to leave now. Hasn’t complained once from what I can remember when Mowbray either benched him, subbed him early, or played down his praises after a good game (admittedly Tony has made him a much better player though).

People who are posting on here without any sources, please be precise when recirculating chitchat from elsewhere. 

Jury’s out on Hedges. Never seen him play but probably wise to sign him now.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

If he's asked to leave - get rid and replace him but do it ASAP. 

Don't won't him to go but also don't want anyone sucking the positive energy out of the place. 

Disagree. If he has asked to leave then the manager needs to assess his state of mind. If he is able to contribute then he plays to the end of the season. If not he rots in the reserves until the summer. At least we deprive Bournemouth of a good player.

Worst case us we lose him and he joins our direct rivals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure prem clubs will be beating his door down to be honest.

Could see a relegated club taking him if he stays until the summer.

I think whatever happens in the summer with Rovers, he won't be here next season.

Not so sure. End product not PL caliber until perhaps this season. Defensively not the best (overcommits) but makes up for it to some extent with his pace. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would say that is pre-judging

Blimey, if I think it's a poor signing before he gets here and not what we néed I'll say so thanks very much.

Please feel free to remind me of my comments if he turns out to be a star for us as we all hope IF it goes through.

Just now, J*B said:

There’s something in this Rothwell rumour

Great.

Let's get the stocks out and pelt him with rotten tomatoes then hang, draw and quarter him in front of the town hall.

A few days ago people were correctly saying that under no circumstances whatsoever should he be sold to our main rivals. 

Now some people seemingly can't wait to get rid of him.

IF he's not happy, (of which there's no evidence whatsoever anyway) then tough!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Facebook reports a few weeks back had Nyambe “saying his goodbyes” at Brockhall. Fingers crossed there’s as much truth in this latest story as there was in that.

Was about to say, makes a change from slagging Nyambe off I suppose.

• Like 2