BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Joe Rothwell is 27 and this is his opportunity to be set for life. If he stays with us and gets the same kind of injury that Dack has had twice, that's all up in smoke. He'll be considering massively improving his wages on a long-term deal. Which of us wouldn't want to receive a huge salary increase in their job which would allow him to provide for themselves and their family?

Not a lot of point in Rovers taking it personally. We took him off Oxford's hands as we offered him a better deal and the opportunity to improve despite being in the same league at the time. We don't know if it's Bournemouth, but if it is...they must be offering him a deal sweet enough to make it worth him for himself and his family. If we really want to keep him, we need to offer him close enough to what he wants to get him to stay. Timing sucks, but it is what it is.

No point taking it personally; wouldn't we all choose to do what is best for us and our family?

• Like 7

Don’t imagine it’s gone down too well with his team mates either. There’ll be some words to be had from Johnson/Dack/Lenihan you’d assume.

28 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fair enough if that's always been your view on him. Not just you but it's coming across as though people are taking it as personally as if they'd been binned off by their girlfriend/boyfriend. You have to remember it's a job for these players, they're not Rovers fans like us.

I'm only interested in it from the Club's point of view and unless an offer of around £10m has come in from a PL Club I don't think we have to do anything at all.

And even if that were the case I doubt we could adequately replace him in time.

I get that. And understand he's not one of us. 

But to do it now with 3 days left of the window is a c@nts trick.

Don't get me wrong he has been good this season and it does hurt the fact he's doing this now when we are in the best position we've been in 10 years .

Even if we get 4 million tomorrow who do we get in who can hit the ground running.

Also fully understand he's been messed around with positions and games the last few years but only last week 'he loves it and is playing the best football of his career ' and now he wants out and by the looks of it been pretending to be injured

• Like 3

Love this ‘as long as the fee is met, he’ll go’ line. Literally like everyone in world football.

Everyone has a price. And the whole concept of buying players revolves around the fee being met.

If he goes to Bournemouth/wants out to go there and has faked this back injury then he’s a big snake. (And stupid as he can wait until summer and maybe go to a team in the Prem).

If he leaves for a Premier League team, fair enough. But don’t be a prick about it

• Like 2

Just now, TheRoversReturn said:

Joe Rothwell is 27 and this is his opportunity to be set for life. If he stays with us and gets the same kind of injury that Dack has had twice, that's all up in smoke. He'll be considering massively improving his wages on a long-term deal. Which of us wouldn't want to receive a huge salary increase in their job which would allow him to provide for themselves and their family?

Not a lot of point in Rovers taking it personally. We took him off Oxford's hands as we offered him a better deal and the opportunity to improve despite being in the same league at the time. We don't know if it's Bournemouth, but if it is...they must be offering him a deal sweet enough to make it worth him for himself and his family. If we really want to keep him, we need to offer him close enough to what he wants to get him to stay. Timing sucks, but it is what it is.

No point taking it personally; wouldn't we all choose to do what is best for us and our family?

No I'm sorry he signed a contract if we turn down a bid I'm sorry he just has to get on with it refusing to play is a snakes behavior if he fit injured in an accident tonight he would expect us to pay him for the remainder of his contract so why can't we expect him to do the job he's paid for.

• Like 2

Absolutely disgusted.

I don’t get annoyed easily but this could derail our season. He has been one of our star performers this season, no doubt. He will be a big loss and unless we get an adequate replacement I’d let him rot.

looking at Lenihans performances you can see he cares and the contract situation hasn’t impacted him. Rothwell could have achieved legendary status here, we gave him a chance, developed him and he couldn’t give us 6 months.

Of the people I know have sources it seems very 50/50 whether this back issue is legit or not. The only one that worries me is unleaded suggesting there’s something more sinister at work.

3 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Well maybe make it clear to the club you want out at the beginning of the window rather than 3 days before the window shuts.

If this is true ,Rothwell desire to move on must have only been made clear to the manager in the last 24 hours as he sounded pretty bullish yesterday talking to media, practically guaranteeing Rothwell wouldn't be sold.

5 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

I’m in this camp, despite as a fan it being so disheartening to happen when we’re on a promotion push. 

Expect Mowbray to make an official statement after the game tomorrow. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

Samba's captain for me, but many seem to give him a free pass, i suppose cos of the odious Kean factor.

Even went to a poxy Russian club, wouldn't have minded as much if he went somewhere decent.

At least if Brentford JR is upgrading, for now. 

There's a podcast that covers the Venkys reign that suggests Samba leaving saved the club from serious trouble i.e liquidation

And Samba knew it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beanie01289 said:

No I'm sorry he signed a contract if we turn down a bid I'm sorry he just has to get on with it refusing to play is a snakes behavior if he fit injured in an accident tonight he would expect us to pay him for the remainder of his contract so why can't we expect him to do the job he's paid for.

Is he "refusing to play the club"? Do we have proof?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Just keep hold of him and have proper go at wininng promotion.  Simple as.  Don't let him leave.  This Danish lad from Brentford is supposed to be class by the way!

Why’s he not in the Brentford team then?

He’s 20 and only played 8 senior games, won’t be on Rothwells level mate, so will be a downgrade.

Edited by AAK

Just now, bringdunnback said:

There's a podcast that covers the Venkys reign that suggests Samba leaving saved the club from serious trouble i.e liquidation

And Samba knew it. 

Yeah Chris was told he needed to leave after a sale fell through, that’s why he went to Russia, it was the only club with a transfer window still open. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Well maybe make it clear to the club you want out at the beginning of the window rather than 3 days before the window shuts.

If this is true ,Rothwell desire to move on must have only been made clear to the manager in the last 24 hours as he sounded pretty bullish yesterday talking to media, practically guaranteeing Rothwell wouldn't be sold.

What if he does that at the beginning of the window and then no club comes in for him. 

IF it’s true then there’s an attractive option just appeared that he fancies.

Edited by Hasta

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We've known all season that his contract was expiring at the end of the season and he hadn't any intention of signing what Rovers had offered.

How much clearer can he, Lenihan and Nyambe make it that they "want out"?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is there some sort of hidden significance to him sharing a post on Instagram that I'm missing? 

Wasn't a crime last time I looked?

🤔

If he can hold his phone and move his thumb to the post button then he's fit enough to play 90 mins tomorrow. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

And Samba knew it. 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yeah Chris was told he needed to leave after a sale fell through, that’s why he went to Russia, it was the only club with a transfer window still open. 

This is information i was unaware of. And I've been here hating for a while.

But he went on strike and refused to play no? Why need to do that if club was in on it?

Or was that just spin?

• Like 1