BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Dont do this to me ..... 

Don't worry about it,  I've not seen any mention of it anywhere so presumably it's not gone any further.

You'd certainly know what I was referring to if anything further came of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Venky’s finally coming through on the Ronaldinho signing….?

Not quite that exotic. People would certainly be impressed but can only assume nothing happening on it otherwise would have seen something about it in the Press.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

There’s absolutely no guarantee the same clubs interested now (allegedly) will be interested in summer. He could break his leg on the final day of the season. 

I wish I didn’t but I can understand his thinking - if what is reported is true. More money and PL football both guaranteed right now? At 27… I think I’d do it as well. 

Is there any difference between what Bournemouth are doing to us re Rothwell and what we have done to Aberdeen re Hedges? Bit rich of us to take the moral ground.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, unleaded said:

These sudden back aches are not a good sign …. Mowbray won’t be messed about … 2 games in a row now when he  knows Rovers need all hands to the pump ! Shocking from the player …. Unfair on the other players 

Rothwell has previously missed matches with a back injury so its not a foregone conclusion that he's pulling a fast one. 

31 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

If he goes and we bring in someone else then it's hardly the end of the world. Players come and go, it's hardly going to be like losing Bellamy or Shearer, or even the likes of Bentley. He's been in good form this season, but even then it's been hot and cold at times. Really hope IF it happens that we're working on a replacement in advance.

Letting him go and then bringing nobody in would be the kick in the teeth. Especially to a rival for promotion.

I've seen this sentiment expressed a little today, and whilst it's not literally the end of the world of course, or the end of the club being competitive etc, it could very much be the difference that stops us winning promotion.

It would be a perfectly fair sentiment in the summer, but midseason and sitting 2nd, it isn't. Signing someone at very short notice who will hit the ground running and suit the existing style without having a preseason to get is very far from guaranteed. Especially if you want like for like, as Rothwell is a fairly unique player. It would likely be someone with a very different skillset, which could mean that midfield unit doesn't work as effectively.

I very much hope all our first team players stay. Although as I've said before, wouldn't mind Butterworth going out on loan with Vale and Chapman to fill the emergency cover role.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Is there any difference between what Bournemouth are doing to us re Rothwell and what we have done to Aberdeen re Hedges? Bit rich of us to take the moral ground.

None whatsoever.

Tell Bournemouth/Brentford/whoever to fook off (figuratively speaking) and business as usual Tuesday.

Nothing personal it's just business. You can't blame other Clubs for wanting our best players.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

https://www.dorset.live/sport/football/football-news/joe-rothwell-left-out-blackburn-6569438

Thats the most ‘official’ report. That he’s not in the squad and Bournemouth remain interested. 

Theres plenty of unofficial speculation alongside it, though. Starting on Facebook, discussed on here (see 5 pages back) and now on Twitter. 

You'd have to think that particular source has a vested interest in stirring the wasp's nest though.

Getting desperate as Monday approaches. If we were to sell him to Bournemouth at this point and they were promoted ahead of us, then what use would the fee we got for him be, even if it was £4M?

We would be a laughing stock.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

So just say who it is ? 

And if it comes off you have a scoop.

I'll say who it allegedly was if nothing much happens and we're reflecting on a disappointing end to the window.

In the very unlikely event it happens (the other Club wouldn't want to sell) I think we'd know about it.

11 minutes ago, 47er said:

Yes. We are not only in the same league as Bournemouth, we are challenging each other for promotion to the most lucrative league in the world. They're doing it to unsettle us at least as much as to actually sign the player. It's a bit of a dick move. But I'd definitely do it back to them now they've drawn first blood 😛 (Not really though, as their players will be much better paid, and Bournemouth would just turn to Joe's agent and say looks like they can afford high wages after all...)

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Cryptic Crooke hasn't a bloody clue what's going on. Has he EVER broke a story rovers related? He posted that at 7:05pm when it was very obvious he hadn't travelled. 

Usually him or Rich will reach out to the club for clarification. 

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

You'd have to think that particular source has a vested interest in stirring the wasp's nest though.

Getting desperate as Monday approaches. If we were to sell him to Bournemouth at this point and they were promoted ahead of us, then what use would the fee we got for him be, even if it was £4M?

Abso-bloody-lutely.

Great Post.

Funny how the LT's Rich Sharpe is keeping his head down!

You aren't telling me he's not aware of all tonight's speculation.

If it's all crap, he could kill it at a stroke (and probably would be asked to by Waggott).

Think his silence says it all.

IMO, the big surprise will be if Rothwell is still a Rover on Tuesday morning.

• Like 1

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Just been in contact with my sources close to the club. They are telling me that talking to fictional people is only acceptable for young kids 😞

It sounds like you should listen to them more often...which creates quite the paradox.

55 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed.

I've been told of a bid we've made which is extremely unlikely to be accepted but if it was it would blow everyone's socks off.

Can't confirm whether or not it's true but if it is it would make it even more puzzling why we would bother with the likes of Hedges.

You tease Rev.

59 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed.

I've been told of a bid we've made which is extremely unlikely to be accepted but if it was it would blow everyone's socks off.

Can't confirm whether or not it's true but if it is it would make it even more puzzling why we would bother with the likes of Hedges.

My first is in P but not in canoe, what am I? 

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Funny how the LT's Rich Sharpe is keeping his head down!

You aren't telling me he's not aware of all tonight's speculation.

If it's all crap, he could kill it at a stroke (and probably would be asked to by Waggott).

Think his silence says it all.

IMO, the big surprise will be if Rothwell is still a Rover on Tuesday morning.

Give over.

He'd have to get the Club's  take on it before commenting.

Can't rule out the possibility there's been additional interest in Rothwell but I'd be amazed if he's not still a Rover by Tuesday morning.

My guess, Mowbray comes out in the Press after the game tomorrow, confirms JR was injured, confirms that there's been plenty of interest in JR but that he's never asked for a move and he's going nowhere this month.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with Bournemouth. If he’s engineering a move it will be for a PL team not another championship side. We’d refuse to sell to Bournemouth either way.