BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

12 minutes ago, mick said:

Jack Wilshire on a pay as you play contract with options for next year.  Premier league potential of Rovers should be inducement enough to bring him North. Just the kind of experience the team needs at the moment. 

He has been training with Arsenal and has gone with them on a warm weather training camp in Dubai. There's talk of Arsenal getting desperate and possibly giving him a deal. He's probably hoping that happens too as there hasn't been much interest in him.

Best chance of going up in a decade and he purposely unsettles the team. Got to go down as one of Rovers biggest ball bag ex-players.

If we slip up he's going to take so much shit for this. Why he'd want to ruin his entire time here with one stupid decision is beyond comprehension, it's not like there's long to wait.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, booth said:

Best chance of going up in a decade and he purposely unsettles the team. Got to go down as one of Rovers biggest ball bag ex-players.

If we slip up he's going to take so much shit for this. Why he'd want to ruin his entire time here with one stupid decision is beyond comprehension, it's not like there's long to wait.

He would have been offered life changing sums of money and he has to look after his family first. 

Awful for us but I get it from Rothwells perspective.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

Tbf it may wreck the superb team ethic that has built up.

rothwell has been brilliant this season but I have faith in the team, get rid of him and get some more players in

Or he could be a bad egg that we need rid of.

He's been good this season but still incredibly inconsistent and disappears in games. Maybe it's because he wanted to be elsewhere all along.

4 minutes ago, booth said:

For context, Rothwell’s agent is telling reporters he can get a 6x increase on his weekly wage on a 4 year deal…

• Like 5

Just now, imy9 said:

He would have been offered life changing sums of money and he has to look after his family first. 

This is his perspective - he's got mere months to wait and he's just potentially ruined our first opportunity of getting promoted which would mean a massive bonus for him and his team mates. He obviously doesn't believe we can do it.

If it's Bournemouth then he's been offered life changing sums of money to derail us, which makes him a bigger shithouse.

The only plus is that I don't think he's as good as he's made out to be and I believe we can get better, the downside is we've only got a couple of days to get someone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imy9 said:

Getting us into the PL would provide a life changing amount of money!

If this is for a move to a PL team then to an extent I get it but to down tools is inexcusable. If this is for Bournemouth then I’d let him rot. 

• Like 2

If Rothwell leaves so be it. Lets just get on with getting promoted. He has helped to get us into the position we are in. If he isn't happy, get rid, but prove to him he has made the wrong decission.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

For context, Rothwell’s agent is telling reporters he can get a 6x increase on his weekly wage on a 4 year deal…

He could still get that in the summer, plus the £2m transfer fee going straight in his own pocket as a signing bonus. I don’t begrudge players wanting to make as much money as they can in what is a very short career. However, this decision seems to defy logic.

Personally if it’s a club outside the Championship we should cash in. If he wants to go to Bournemouth he can train with the u23s and eat the fines if he doesn’t turn up.

• Like 1