BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 minutes ago, Scott Horrocks said:

Make him hand in a transfer request to make it void? 

Kind of, but it never really comes to that. Joe will be “owed” X on his contract. They’ll negotiate that figure to Y during the deal for him to leave. That figure will be a % of what he’s owed, it’s in everyone’s interest for a figure to be agreed and is often who blinks first. Rothwell wants the move to go through, Rovers want to pay him as little as possible  

The best example in recent memory is that WBA striker that turned up at another club on deadline day. WBA refused to pay him anything and insisted he put in a transfer request. 

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

If darragh downed tools I'd bea amazed . . Rothwell is a shithouse . Darragh in the past hasn't always been the best  but a shithouse he is anything but

Darragh down-tooled when we got relegated and Sheff United wanted him. They’re ALL the same. Please don’t think they’re not. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good on the owners if that's their stance.

We aren't going to be able to adequately replace Rothwell at such short notice and we can't afford another Armstrong scenario where he isn't replaced.

If Rothwell isn't sold he'll have to continue to perform if he still wants a move in summer.

One good performance from him and all this furore will be next week's chip paper.

He's gone - get your head around it and move on.

4 minutes ago, Scott Horrocks said:

Make him hand in a transfer request to make it void? 

Basically when they express a strong desire to talk to other clubs they are requesting a transfer in my opinion. Therefore you want to move to somewhere that is quadrupling your wages etc so waver the money owed. Ask the buying club to cover it with a signing on fee and fook off you money grabbing shitehawk !!!

• Like 5

It never rains but it pours.................

Rich Sharpe

@richsharpe89

1h

Sam Gallagher was coughing up blood and will go for a scan, while Tayo Edun is in a protective boot after an injury to his ankle. Reda Khadra picked up a minor hamstring injury in training on Friday.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and you get consistency with a good run of games and you aint worried that if you miss a track back the manager will haul you off and consign you to the bench for the next six games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say again, IMO, Rothwell has been grossly mismanaged by Mowbray since the day he arrived from Oxford.

Typically hyperbole from you. Decent player but has always been inconsistent. This season things have come together for him and now he's on his way. Time to move on....  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

If darragh downed tools I'd bea amazed . . Rothwell is a shithouse . Darragh in the past hasn't always been the best  but a shithouse he is anything but

DL has indicated he well re sign if we are promoted 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I agree that he should be scoring more, but I don't think we should pretend that he's not been vital to us going forward this season. He might not register as many assists as others, but that is largely because he's contributing earlier in moves. 

Nothing as fickle as the football fan.

On Monday it was "Best midfielder in the League, end of any promotion bid if we sell him".

Now he announces he wants to talk to other Clubs it's "Sell him, he's rubbish anyway, never rated him."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing as fickle as the football fan.

On Monday it was "Best midfielder in the League, end of any promotion bid if we sell him".

Now he announces he wants to talk to other Clubs it's "Sell him, he's rubbish anyway, never rated him."

He is the best midfielder on his day but he fades away in so many matches. Capable of some amazing stuff but few and far between. It's a shame that the season he goes is the season he's been at his best but he still becomes the invisible man all to often, and in a team that often features players like Gallagher we need everyone else giving 100%

• Like 2

From the TM interview he was clear Rothwell goes on our (the owners) terms, in line that WE source replacements first. The owners have been stubborn buggers from day one, against us and certainly against people trying to buy our players.

To be fair to the player he hasn't asked to stay at home today, Mowbray felt it would be a tough game and him having a stinker could reflect badly. £6m does seem extremely high for somebody with only 6 months left, if the right replacements are in place it suits all. If we don't have the replacements in place £6m is worthless with all the injuries we have in play and the great chance we have this season to go up.

38 minutes ago, J*B said:

What’s more cowardly is he’s not requesting a transfer. He’s asked to speak to other clubs. The difference being if he requests a transfer he loses the right to his contact and bonuses being paid up. So whatever figure he’s sold for - remember we still need to pay him his contract. Unless he submits a formal transfer request. 

BTW - same agent that’s instigating all of this represents Travis. 

You don't pay the player's remaining wages though when they leave without a transfer request. You pay their 'loyalty bonus' out (or what's left of it if it's the type that gets paid gradually the longer you are 'loyal'). But you're right it's more cowardly/greedy still to do it that way.

I'd insist he puts a formal request in. He will do it if he wants out that badly.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You don't pay the player's remaining wages though when they leave without a transfer request. You pay their 'loyalty bonus' out (or what's left of it if it's the type that gets paid gradually the longer you are 'loyal'). But you're right it's more cowardly/greedy still to do it that way.

I'd insist he puts a formal request in. He will do it if he wants out that badly.

Correct.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Do we have loan spots? This is a rare time where loans would be perfect

Disagree, if we are selling for 6 million I'd rather pay for a proven replacement and use the loans for the areas we already needed to fill, unless there's enough money left to buy there too. We want players who will feel incentivised to get promotion, and that's more likely from ones we own. We are also in a unique position to get better permanent players than we will be if we don't make promotion. But we do have loan spots yes.

44 minutes ago, yankfan said:

I think 1 as poveda is still on our books 

The limit on loanees is 5 in the matchday squad. We can have far more in total. So Poveda basically doesn't count. We currently have Khadra, Zeefuik and Van Hecke, so really we have 2 loanee spots available with the capacity to field all of them on matchday. Poveda might become available near the end of the season, but if there are 5 loanees ahead of him at that point it's Leeds' problem.

Edited by bluebruce

7 minutes ago, cesus said:

From the TM interview he was clear Rothwell goes on our (the owners) terms, in line that WE source replacements first. The owners have been stubborn buggers from day one, against us and certainly against people trying to buy our players.

To be fair to the player he hasn't asked to stay at home today, Mowbray felt it would be a tough game and him having a stinker could reflect badly. £6m does seem extremely high for somebody with only 6 months left, if the right replacements are in place it suits all. If we don't have the replacements in place £6m is worthless with all the injuries we have in play and the great chance we have this season to go up.

Who has said its 6 million?

10 minutes ago, booth said:

He is the best midfielder on his day but he fades away in so many matches. Capable of some amazing stuff but few and far between. It's a shame that the season he goes is the season he's been at his best but he still becomes the invisible man all to often, and in a team that often features players like Gallagher we need everyone else giving 100%

Also only had 15 assists in his entire career, before this season.

24 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes the one that worries me is Lenihan - he's had a superb season, in a very similar position to Rothwell, and I can see a Prem club making a last minute bid. If someones willing to take a gamble on Rothwell the same for Lenihan looks very very possible.

Yes I would sack Waggott !!

• Like 1

Just now, danger19_80 said:

It seems completely unrealistic to me. I imagine the final fee, if it happens, will be far less.

It's not a perfect logic, but if we supposedly rejected Bournemouth's offers of £2million + and Mowbray's said that we've knocked back offers of around double that, then a £5-£6million fee maybe isn't that unrealistic?