BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

15 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The manager went in front of the media on Thursday and stated Rothwell wouldn't be sold.He also stated that Rothwell was fit for the match.

One can only presume Rothwell went to the manager and made his feelings clear between that interview and Friday morning.

It's on Rothwell

He said he wasn’t being sold to Bournemouth did he not?

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My concern is more what it does to our system. Rothwell running from deep has been key to it, and it's hard to find another player who can do that.

Dropping Buckley into midfield could work, but then we need someone who can do what he does in the false 9 role.

If we go for replacing Rothwell with more of a standard centre mid who focusses on passing and we lose the running the system could stop working so well imo.

Today was crying out for Joe picking up the ball in the centre circle and driving at them. No one does that as well as him in the division. Buckley maybe our best bet as he has shown a bit of that capability.

Shame Dack is way off as him at False 9 and Buckley alongside Travis could keep the way we play intact.

Buckley and Travis will eventually be that axis anyway imo.

If we bought Styles and Dembele we’d be flying. Dembele and Dack fight out the false 9 and Bucko, Trav and Styles fight it out for two spots.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

My concern is more what it does to our system. Rothwell running from deep has been key to it, and it's hard to find another player who can do that.

Dropping Buckley into midfield could work, but then we need someone who can do what he does in the false 9 role.

If we go for replacing Rothwell with more of a standard centre mid who focusses on passing and we lose the running the system could stop working so well imo.

Today was crying out for Joe picking up the ball in the centre circle and driving at them. No one does that as well as him in the division. Buckley maybe our best bet as he has shown a bit of that capability.

Shame Dack is way off as him at False 9 and Buckley alongside Travis could keep the way we play intact.

I do think he's over rated though, as I said he disappears in games all to often. He's great on occasion but sometimes can end up a passenger. I'm not sure what the answer is to replacing him but I'd just go out and get the best midfielder available that suits our budget. There are some exceptional midfielders in this league (as there are attackers) but it depends on how ambitious we are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, booth said:

I do think he's over rated though, as I said he disappears in games all to often. He's great on occasion but sometimes can end up a passenger. I'm not sure what the answer is to replacing him but I'd just go out and get the best midfielder available that suits our budget. There are some exceptional midfielders in this league (as there are attackers) but it depends on how ambitious we are.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t be bent out of shape with Rothwell leaving. He doesn’t do enough often enough for me. It’s the timescale factor that is a problem. It doesn’t leave us much time to bring in a replacement.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t be bent out of shape with Rothwell leaving. He doesn’t do enough often enough for me. It’s the timescale factor that is a problem. It doesn’t leave us much time to bring in a replacement.

Mowbray and Waggott should have a shortlist of players for all budgets. Mowbray actually said that in an interview. If Rothwell is definitely going they should be approaching clubs first thing tomorrow morning. I'll be disappointed if we lose Rothwell and don't bring anyone in, or bring in some dolloper from League 1.

• Like 1

You tell them Tony:

“Joe won’t get a move unless the other moves are done. We’re not daft.

“Joe Rothwell will not be leaving unless we feel we’re strengthening the team.

“The job at the start of every window is to strengthen your football club if you can, we can’t leave it worse off.”

In Tony we trust.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This comment has been on repeat since the news has been released and it’s made me chuckle…Which player does enough often enough?? They all have their bad days…Diaz has sweet f*** all for the past few games…Etc etc

Rothwell is in the top 5 key players (behind a solid back 3) this season. He has the qualities we probably won’t see for a very long time…he’s going to be a big miss and people saying that he doesn’t bring enough often enough is madness…

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rigger said:

I believe you are correct.

Surely the owners have to rubber stamp any deals though? They're like 5 hours in front so perhaps we've got a little less time to get sorted. Hopefully we're very active tomorrow...

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Darragh down-tooled when we got relegated and Sheff United wanted him. They’re ALL the same. Please don’t think they’re not. 

And the irony is it's often the manager that genuinely cares most about the club, its fans and wider community yet he is the first person the fans turn on and is binned off. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

Surely the owners have to rubber stamp any deals though? They're like 5 hours in front so perhaps we've got a little less time to get sorted. Hopefully we're very active tomorrow...

What the local time in Puna is, has no bearing on the closing time of the transfer window in the UK.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing as fickle as the football fan.

On Monday it was "Best midfielder in the League, end of any promotion bid if we sell him".

Now he announces he wants to talk to other Clubs it's "Sell him, he's rubbish anyway, never rated him."

That's not individual fans being fickle though unless the same fan does the same thing. It's just the people who rate him praising him whilst he's doing well, and the people who don't staying quiet. Then they pipe up when he wants out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

What the local time in Puna is, has no bearing on the closing time of the transfer window in the UK.

I know that 🙄 they're unlikely to be available to talk to give their seal of approval on a deal at 4 in the morning their time is my point.

Has he been good this season - yes

Has he been average for the previous 3 years - yes 

Is he replaceable - yes

Now he's refused to play should we sell - yes

Realistic targets if we sell him . And not for exact like for like  but who would strengthen our team 

Mcatee

Rogers 

Styles

Hamer

Demebele

Raid derby for bird , belik , sibley , knight

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Mcatee

Rogers 

Styles

Hamer

Demebele

Raid derby for bird , belik , sibley , knight

Not a bad list - I think we need a bit of experience rather than replacing him with a Mcatee for example though (I wouldn’t be against signing him, just not straight in for Joe). I’d add Grimes to that list; I read Fulham were in for him for £2.5m in the summer. He’s got experience, passing range, leadership - pretty much everything we’d  want.

Pity the pit wasn’t bottomless as O’Brien at Hudds is probably the best CM in the league.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Glen9. Cheers –several good posts.

Some tosh on here- Rothwell didn’t refuse to play.

Whichever way I look at it, it’s shithousery on Rothwell behalf, letting everyone including his teammates and himself down when the club is in second place in the league and promotion a real prospect.

There you go –Rothwell (who according to many is average at best) is now the reason why we will not get promotion.

Plus a load of Neanderthal macho crap on here. Leave one on him. Jeeze.

If darragh downed tools I'd bea amazed . . Rothwell is a shithouse . Darragh in the past hasn't always been the best  but a shithouse he is anything but….

……Darragh down-tooled when we got relegated and Sheff United wanted him…..

And now loads coming out and saying he wasn’t good enough anyway, let’s get rid. LOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not a bad list - I think we need a bit of experience rather than replacing him with a Mcatee for example though (I wouldn’t be against signing him, just not straight in for Joe). I’d add Grimes to that list; I read Fulham weds in for him for £2.5m in the summer. 

Pity the pit wasn’t bottomless as O’Brien at Hudds is probably the best CM in the league.

Swift at Reading is the best CM in the league but whether we'd be able to afford him is another matter. I was surprised to see Reading fans saying he could go for as little as £2m. He's their top scorer and tops the assist chart for the championship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers/assists

Edited by booth
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Glen9. Cheers –several good posts.

Some tosh on here- Rothwell didn’t refuse to play.

Whichever way I look at it, it’s shithousery on Rothwell behalf, letting everyone including his teammates and himself down when the club is in second place in the league and promotion a real prospect.

There you go –Rothwell (who according to many is average at best) is now the reason why we will not get promotion.

Plus a load of Neanderthal macho crap on here. Leave one on him. Jeeze.

If darragh downed tools I'd bea amazed . . Rothwell is a shithouse . Darragh in the past hasn't always been the best  but a shithouse he is anything but….

……Darragh down-tooled when we got relegated and Sheff United wanted him…..

And now loads coming out and saying he wasn’t good enough anyway, let’s get rid. LOL.

I’ve no idea what point you’re making here… are you arguing with yourself?