BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

In fairness to Rothwell, if someone was offering me upto 4 x my salary or even doubling my salary i'd want that conversation as would 95% of the population.

Its football, but its still a job that pays the bills. Not many players have the emotional attachment to a club.

A couple of years ago Dack was devastated his injury had potentially goosed his dream of premier league and the riches that come with it.

Players will always come, always go and someone else takes the shirt.

Had we been lurking around in midtable this be already a done deal.

We've missed his creativity the last couple of games, but 2 x clean sheets shows what Johnson brings to the team. 

• Like 4

So just to clarify then, going from TM's interview, it wasn't Rothwell who was feigning a non existent injury or refused to play today, it was the managers decision not to select him or even ask him to travel with the team because he was annoyed JR asked to be able to speak to other Clubs.

That's fair enough if the manager thinks he's not in the right frame of mind until the window has shut but if that's what's happened then any criticism about Rothwell's unavailability today should be directed towards the manager not the player.

Tell him he's staying until the summer, he needs to continue playing the best football of his life, job done

If he doesn't put a shift in, get Linehan to give him a kicking in the car park, I'll happily nip down and help. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Nothing as fickle as the football fan.

On Monday it was "Best midfielder in the League, end of any promotion bid if we sell him".

Now he announces he wants to talk to other Clubs it's "Sell him, he's rubbish anyway, never rated him."

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

So just to clarify then, going from TM's interview, it wasn't Rothwell who was feigning a non existent injury or refused to play today, it was the managers decision not to select him or even ask him to travel with the team because he was annoyed JR asked to be able to speak to other Clubs.

That's fair enough if the manager thinks he's not in the right frame of mind until the window has shut but if that's what's happened then any criticism about Rothwell's unavailability today should be directed towards the manager not the player.

Is this serious?? 

Or is this Joe rothwell ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Brentford are a secure Premier League club. It's not realistic to think we can keep him to be honest if that's the interest. He can just refuse to play for four months and where does that leave us? 

If it's Brentford and the money is right let him go. 

Massive issue for us though as how do we find a guaranteed performer with two days of the window left? Will need to be a sensational signing.

Do Brentford have any decent players we demand they loan us? That may be the best route?

Secure? 1st season in the Prem doing ok hardly is secure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The manager went in front of the media on Thursday and stated Rothwell wouldn't be sold.He also stated that Rothwell was fit for the match.

One can only presume Rothwell went to the manager and made his feelings clear between that interview and Friday morning.

It's on Rothwell

• Like 2

Be gutted to see Rothwell go…I’ve always been a big fan of him. 

Whatever you say about his past performances. He has the attributes to change games…Although him not wanting to play today is very odd…there maybe more behind it!!! One thing is we Can’t blame him wanting to move to a PL team…

Also, people need to watch what they say lol…he could well still be a Rovers player come Tuesday…will Tony stuck him back in the starting 11? I don’t think so, maybe back to impact sub…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Reading the LT article Rothwell asked not to play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was`nt his type of match,they would have choppped him down at every opportunity,i don`t think tony would have played him even if he was fully fit

I’m sure he would have played if his head was right but agree, not a match suited to his skills 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The manager went in front of the media on Thursday and stated Rothwell wouldn't be sold.He also stated that Rothwell was fit for the match.

One can only presume Rothwell went to the manager and made his feelings clear between that interview and Friday morning.

It's on Rothwell

There's a lot of presumption in there. Rothwell could have said "X and Y want me and I'll earn 6x my salary so I'd like the chance to speak to them. In the meantime however I'll continue to give 100%."

Where is this presumption that Rothwell refused to play coming from as that's not the impression I got from the TM's interview.

Apologies if this has been specifically stated elsewhere.

At this point his head and heart aren’t with us. If we keep him he’s not going to be fully committed. So we keep a player against his desire and lose him for nothing or we sell, get two players in who see our position in the table as an opportunity to go up, and are driven to do so. I’d take the latter. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There's a lot of presumption in there. Rothwell could have said "X and Y want me and I'll earn 6x my salary so I'd like the chance to speak to them. In the meantime however I'll continue to give 100%."

Where is this presumption that Rothwell refused to play coming from as that's not the impression I got from the TM's interview.

You really believe a player would give "110 percent 2 days before window closes and made it clear he is off?He will know the contract on offer.

It's in the telegraph he asked not to be considered

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At this moment, I've had long chats with him. It was a Joe decision (not to play). If he's got a potential deal somewhere that is going to change the rest of his life and he wants to see whether it's right or wrong, I don't want him to come here and fight like we did today and I question his manliness.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, booth said:

He is the best midfielder on his day but he fades away in so many matches. Capable of some amazing stuff but few and far between. It's a shame that the season he goes is the season he's been at his best but he still becomes the invisible man all to often, and in a team that often features players like Gallagher we need everyone else giving 100%

My concern is more what it does to our system. Rothwell running from deep has been key to it, and it's hard to find another player who can do that.

Dropping Buckley into midfield could work, but then we need someone who can do what he does in the false 9 role.

If we go for replacing Rothwell with more of a standard centre mid who focusses on passing and we lose the running the system could stop working so well imo.

Today was crying out for Joe picking up the ball in the centre circle and driving at them. No one does that as well as him in the division. Buckley maybe our best bet as he has shown a bit of that capability.

Shame Dack is way off as him at False 9 and Buckley alongside Travis could keep the way we play intact.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was`nt his type of match,they would have choppped him down at every opportunity,i don`t think tony would have played him even if he was fully fit

He wouldn’t have been much use today. The ball was in the air as much as it was on the ground. It was a two pair of shin pads game, one down the front of your socks and one down the back.

• Like 1