BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Until this season, Rothwell hasn't played well enough, consistently enough to justify feeling messed about. We've seen that he was more than happy to run his contract down at his last club to join a club higher un the pyramid and earn more cash. All the evidence points to him just doing the same to Rovers, which notwithstanding how he's gone about asking for a move, is fair enough.

Agree that given where we are now though, we should take the £6million assuming we can spend that on replacement(s).

My argument would be, prior to this season, he's never been given a fair run to establish himself.  He was in and out, shunted here and shunted there.

It was clear to me from day one the lad had real talent and could excite the fans.  When you have a talent like that, you nurture and give lots of tlc and then you end up with something special and a player who recognises what you've done for them.

When you think of some of the nonentities who've curried favour with Mowbray and the way he's looked after them, it's a real sickener. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, J*B said:

What’s more cowardly is he’s not requesting a transfer. He’s asked to speak to other clubs. The difference being if he requests a transfer he loses the right to his contact and bonuses being paid up. So whatever figure he’s sold for - remember we still need to pay him his contract. Unless he submits a formal transfer request. 

BTW - same agent that’s instigating all of this represents Travis. 

Same company but think its a different Rep .

Brentford are a secure Premier League club. It's not realistic to think we can keep him to be honest if that's the interest. He can just refuse to play for four months and where does that leave us? 

If it's Brentford and the money is right let him go. 

Massive issue for us though as how do we find a guaranteed performer with two days of the window left? Will need to be a sensational signing.

Do Brentford have any decent players we demand they loan us? That may be the best route?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

They listen to, respect and trust Mowbray. This is different than other high profile transfers.

Tm aint had direct contact with the owners for nearly a year, he has no new contract on the table. I dont think this is as cut and dried of listening to TM. 

Monday be interesting, common sense would be sell, get the cash and buy better.

Problem is, sell and buy no-one of same calibre and they will just take the losses.

They will also be questioning Waggots contract offer too, is it a fair offer? Is it a "self preservation offer"? Its widely known the powers that be at Ewood like to throw out, how much they've saved the club on losses.

They will also be looking at the Armstrong deal which was royally foooked up by our board.

Prediction??? More jobs on the line here than JR if they foook this up

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

My argument would be, prior to this season, he's never been given a fair run to establish himself.  He was in and out, shunted here and shunted there.

It was clear to me from day one the lad had real talent and could excite the fans.  When you have a talent like that, you nurture and give lots of tlc and then you end up with something special and a player who recognises what you've done for them.

When you think of some of the nonentities who've curried favour with Mowbray and the way he's looked after them, it's a real sickener. 

Talented but was never consistent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Tm aint had direct contact with the owners for nearly a year, he has no new contract on the table. I dont think this is as cut and dried of listening to TM. 

Monday be interesting, common sense would be sell, get the cash and buy better.

Problem is, sell and buy no-one of same calibre and they will just take the losses.

They will also be questioning Waggots contract offer too, is it a fair offer? Is it a "self preservation offer"? Its widely known the powers that be at Ewood like to throw out, how much they've saved the club on losses.

They will also be looking at the Armstrong deal which was royally foooked up by our board.

Prediction??? More jobs on the line here than JR if they foook this up

I was told Mowbray already has a deal verbally agreed to extend for another 2-years, it just hasn’t been inked yet because there’s a trust between Venkys and Mowbray. How else would you convince Markanday to sign? He’s not signing a 4 year deal for a manager leaving in 6 months. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its not ideal, was told Monday morning about Bournemouth bid, and that the JR camp were aware of the money on table in terms of wages, was also told they wanted deal now, but would wait til summer if needed but numbers were already on table, as per my post Tuesday. 

Was told last night (impeccable source) JR will not be sold, I asked if thats a no full stop, and was told its a no, a no and another no. Given the ones who will decide said it was a no, then was happy to say be here Tuesday.

Was told he'd been left behind but had not chucked toys out of pram from another source, I assumed given that info he was still probably injured, as it would be strange just to leave him behind.

Obviously Tms words today support , its a no no no from Venkys, and it was Tms decision to leave him behind as he wants the club to consider an offer thats been presented, and Joe also wants to consider it so it was mutual

Its all a mess really, but unless that big cheque arrives, I cannot see Venkys changing their stance. They will not be dictated to by anyone, and would sooner lose the money and have the player rot in the reserves than have it aimed at them, that they sold one of our key players at a time our when we have the best chance ever to go up.

Rovers record in signing players in January for immediate impact is poor, whilst prices are inflated.

JR's situation changes nothing on the recruitment side, if the right player at the right money is available, then rovers will go for that player regardless if JR sold or not

Good on the owners if that's their stance.

We aren't going to be able to adequately replace Rothwell at such short notice and we can't afford another Armstrong scenario where he isn't replaced.

If Rothwell isn't sold he'll have to continue to perform if he still wants a move in summer.

One good performance from him and all this furore will be next week's chip paper.

23 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its not ideal, was told Monday morning about Bournemouth bid, and that the JR camp were aware of the money on table in terms of wages, was also told they wanted deal now, but would wait til summer if needed but numbers were already on table, as per my post Tuesday. 

Was told last night (impeccable source) JR will not be sold, I asked if thats a no full stop, and was told its a no, a no and another no. Given the ones who will decide said it was a no, then was happy to say be here Tuesday.

Was told he'd been left behind but had not chucked toys out of pram from another source, I assumed given that info he was still probably injured, as it would be strange just to leave him behind.

Obviously Tms words today support , its a no no no from Venkys, and it was Tms decision to leave him behind as he wants the club to consider an offer thats been presented, and Joe also wants to consider it so it was mutual

Its all a mess really, but unless that big cheque arrives, I cannot see Venkys changing their stance. They will not be dictated to by anyone, and would sooner lose the money and have the player rot in the reserves than have it aimed at them, that they sold one of our key players at a time our when we have the best chance ever to go up.

Rovers record in signing players in January for immediate impact is poor, whilst prices are inflated.

JR's situation changes nothing on the recruitment side, if the right player at the right money is available, then rovers will go for that player regardless if JR sold or not

It's a damned if you do/don't scenario for all involved in this one so yes it is a mess. A mess that would have been easier dealt with if this lad was tied to a better deal way before it came to this.

As for the owners it just still shows how detached from understanding they are as basically now they have to sell him to stop the rot spreading.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

Talented but was never consistent.

and you get consistency with a good run of games and you aint worried that if you miss a track back the manager will haul you off and consign you to the bench for the next six games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll say again, IMO, Rothwell has been grossly mismanaged by Mowbray since the day he arrived from Oxford.

It's interesting whether the 23/24 year old players mentioned is a hypothetical point or clear names in the frame with advanced talks in place. 

With two days to go, and how confident Mowbray sounded about it, it suggest probably the latter. Anyone like to speculate who the players would be? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Khadra better anyway 

Sorry but how does that help us? He's already here, and plays in a different position to Joe, so doesn't help us short term, plus he will be going back at the end of the season so doesn't help us long term.

If Rothwell leaves he absolutely must be replaced.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Styles and Dembele would be a guess

Both would be good signings. And TM me ol' mucker, whilst you happen to be at Luton, why don't you pop along to the chairman's office with your cheque book for Adebeyo too..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

It's interesting whether the 23/24 year old players mentioned is a hypothetical point or clear names in the frame with advanced talks in place. 

With two days to go, and how confident Mowbray sounded about it, it suggest probably the latter. Anyone like to speculate who the players would be? 

I’ve no idea but certainly got the impression he knows who he wants if Rothwell leaves

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

What’s more cowardly is he’s not requesting a transfer. He’s asked to speak to other clubs. The difference being if he requests a transfer he loses the right to his contact and bonuses being paid up. So whatever figure he’s sold for - remember we still need to pay him his contract. Unless he submits a formal transfer request. 

BTW - same agent that’s instigating all of this represents Travis. 

You don't pay the whole contract up.

So a player who has 2 years left at 50k a week and he is out of favour club sell him for £10 million and pay the player the remaining 2 years at 50k a week?That isn't how it works in football.

The player will be due a loyalty bonus but not his contract paid up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good on the owners if that's their stance.

We aren't going to be able to adequately replace Rothwell at such short notice and we can't afford another Armstrong scenario where he isn't replaced.

If Rothwell isn't sold he'll have to continue to perform if he still wants a move in summer.

One good performance from him and all this furore will be next week's chip paper.

Disagree - his stock is now too high and clubs will realise what's gone on.

IMO, there's no way back for Rothwell now.  Never one of Mowbray's favourite sons and the tenuous umbilical cord will be well and truly severed, IMO.