BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

29 minutes ago, mick said:

Jack Wilshire on a pay as you play contract with options for next year.  Premier league potential of Rovers should be inducement enough to bring him North. Just the kind of experience the team needs at the moment. 

No thanks!! What a shocking signing that would be

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

It’s not Bournemouth it’s Brentford, rumoured to be £6million.

That's not bad really. Get the money in and bolster the squad with some good players.

A good Championship striker and a couple of midfielders would do.

Edited by booth
  • Like 5

He's a goner guaranteed and they aren't playing him to keep him out of danger. Seen and heard this scenario sooo many times over the years. Next statement is 'we couldn't keep an unhappy player' so off he goes for an undisclosed fee, in comes Hedges for 200k and probably a bigger wage than Rothwell is on now.

Meanwhile we desperately need a proper striker in this squad.

The naivety of plenty on here that actually bought the ‘bad back’ line.

It’s the oldest trick in the book to trot out ‘bad backs’, ‘calf strains’, a holding statement whilst the club and player are at a standoff.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

If the money is used to bring in replacements then let him go (as long as its not Bournemouth). Looks like a manic Monday (with apologies to the Bangles) 

I'd pay for his taxi to Bournemouth if it's £6m. Then buy Adebayo and that lad from Reading.

• Like 2

Abysmal timing all round. 

Owners don't want to sell him but now it's confirmed he wants out, he'll be half assed and sulking if he doesn't get a move.

If we've got players lined up then no option but to cash in and move on.

£6m is really good money for someone who's out of contract in a few months time.

• Like 2

Lots of hot air here.

Players don’t play for a shirt, they play for money and their families.

Players like to be respected –Mowbray has never shown complete faith in Rothwell, particularly in previous seasons.

Players respect coaches/management teams who can improve them.

Rovers will take £6 million all day long. The rest is propaganda.

• Like 5

Probably one of the best interviews Tony has done in his time here that one. Worlds apart from the miserable shit from last season. I’m glad he seems to have got a bit of fire back in his belly this season. And the fact he says Rothwell won’t go unless other deals are sorted makes me feel a bit better about the situation

I don’t understand Rothwells thinking though, he can leave for free in 6 months and being a free agent he’d be able to get a bigger signing on fee for himself. Why not just see the season out in a team that’s fighting for promotion then if we don’t go up you can move on to pastures new. Disappointed in Joe. No loyalty in modern day football that’s for sure. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Lots of hot air here.

Players like to be respected –Mowbray has never shown complete faith in Rothwell, particularly in previous seasons.

And at the moment Rovers are paying him a wage, he should still play for the team when we've so many players out. If not for Mowbray or the shirt, then for his team mates who he's travelled up and down the country with for years and have finally got the chance of getting into the Premier League.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I don’t understand any of the ‘fair enough Rothwell’ chat. If Brentford are in for him, fair enough, but don’t let your teammates down when we’re fighting tooth and nail for promotion and have no attacking players to call upon. Play today, give it your all, and then see what happens before Monday. 

Agreed. Can’t blame wanting to go there, 6x salary for 4 years, guaranteed. The way he’s done it though, and watching them lads out there today put blood sweat and tears into it whilst he’s sat at home is a c*nt move. If I was one of them boys I wouldn’t want him in my team. 

19 minutes ago, J*B said:

For context, Rothwell’s agent is telling reporters he can get a 6x increase on his weekly wage on a 4 year deal…

Where is he going and who are the two 23-24 year old talented players in this league coming? Is Styles one of them?

1 minute ago, aletheia said:

Lots of hot air here.

Point in bold is nail on head and why I think we will also lose Nyambe.

Argued from day 1 that Rothwell has something special about him.  He's a game changer.  Needed nurturing and some tlc.

IMO, Mowbray has seriously mismanaged the lad and If I was Rothwell, I'd feel I'd been messed about.

Take the £6million as outcome for Rovers could be much worse if he walks for nowt.  Keeping him against his will just wont work - he'd be half arsed and frightened of getting a serious injury.

• Like 2