BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

We all know Tony likes to go back in for targets he’s looked at previously. I wonder if we’ll go back in for Pelly Ruddock-Mpanzu after offering him a contract in the summer?

Edited by BRFC_Polky

If its true that we could get a couple of 23 year olds in with the money (and it'd definitely happen this window) then I think it could be worth the risk. We need some depth plus we could do a bit of future proofing of the squad as well. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

It seems completely unrealistic to me. I imagine the final fee, if it happens, will be far less.

Yet it’s enough to buy 2 ‘very good’ 23/24 year olds from the championship?

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

It never rains but it pours.................

Rich Sharpe

@richsharpe89

1h

Sam Gallagher was coughing up blood and will go for a scan, while Tayo Edun is in a protective boot after an injury to his ankle. Reda Khadra picked up a minor hamstring injury in training on Friday.

Ffs. Hope Sams alright. 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He won’t make the starting 11

Not initially but I do think he's got all the right qualities to be a prem footballer. There can't be many better than him at running with the ball. 

There's no doubt it would be a big dent in our promotion bid him leaving. 

Edited by rovers11

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It showed me he would have done the square root of nothing in a game like that. It needed real battlers not fair weather footballers.

There was plenty of commitment on show today but precious little quality. What was needed was a moment of magic or two from somewhere to make the difference..

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

Who has said its 6 million?

J*B

We should replace him with Swift at Reading, a far better player if a PL club doesn't get him first. Talk on their forums of him going for as little as £2m.

• Like 2

I really hope the Rothwell situation does not park what was already growing situation.

Our injury list is growing, our need for at least 1 striker and midfielder and possible wide player (hedges) was needed prior to todays game.

Rothwell now going, and another fullback injury in my opinion now needs us needing

1 striker, 2 midfielders and another full back option at left back given pickering already out and Edun possibly now joining him.

Gallagher injured again today, does that mean possibly 2 strikers needed?

Lots of football to be played but injuries and future suspensions are really going to hurt us if we dont address the needs we had prior to the Rothwell bombshell.

Rothwell money should be direct replacement, not make it stretch for 2, 3 or 4 players. We are in a promotion battle, now is not the time to find a rough diamond, now we need solid options who walk straight into the team and inprove us from day 1.

If and its a big if, we went up, the likelyhood is we'd have to replace most of our first 11 anyway just to stay up

1 minute ago, booth said:

J*B

We should replace him with Swift at Reading, a far better player if a PL club doesn't get him first. Talk on their forums of him going for as little as £2m.

Did I?!

1 minute ago, booth said:

J*B

How much is he on a week though?Id bet more than what we pay .

If we could get him In would be a quality addition.

Think Styles at Barnsley could be a shrewd replacement.

5 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Excellent player, great passer and set piece player and scores his fair share too.

He is but I think it's more likely a PL team will get him. Not long ago they were calling him the new Lampard.

10 minutes ago, booth said:

Sorry I thought it was you who broke the news.

But you've reminded me to tell you that the link back in quotes doesn't work.

The press the arrow thing? I know, we’re trying to fix it. I say we. Andy is. I’m too busy trying to convince the BRFCS board we should book a BRFCS bus to Wembley…

• Like 2