BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

14 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

True. Once he signs a pre-contract he won't care. He's been playing for his future and the future of his family this first half of the season and has arguably never been better. I remember how good Mané was for Soton whenever a transfer window was nearing, but when the 'for sale' changes to sold where's the drive? Sure, Rothwell can still win a hefty bonus here, but I say sell now and scramble to replace him. If it's Brentford get Forss for the remainder of the season.

He cannot sign a pre contract with any English club

• Like 2

Just now, Commondore said:

I don't see how this even makes sense from Rothwell's pov, if he's decided he wants to leave he'd surely be in a much better position after the season when his contract is up? Is he that afraid of breaking a leg in the remaining 15 games?

This is why we have to sell.

He's not a man you want in the trenches for the final 3rd of the season.

Faked injury for 2 games 

Imagine if he has a new club lined up on a free in the summer he will be having back spasms for the next 4 months 

• Like 2

Players come and go. I honestly don't blame Rothwell who at 27 is probably looking for the most important contract of his career or his agent whose job it is to get him a deal. My gripe is that the timing is awful. Rothwell is integral to the type of football we are playing and the real issue is that there aren't a lot of Rothwells out there who can counter from midfield at pace. 

This is a huge test of our recruitment people.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Agree mate…some delusional comments. He’s been one of our key players this season. Without we wouldn’t be where we are.

Yeah I agree that Rothwell has been class this season and last season not bad either but he his numbers certainly haven't been class over his time at the club.

Ye can't blame people for being totally pissed off with the situation when we have had years of shit and finally in with a chance of getting out of this league.Maybe if these "back injuries" occurred earlier in the window people would see his point of view more.

If I was his teammate I'd be fuming.I find it hard to believe been zero interest in other players at the club don't see them crying off

14 minutes ago, Commondore said:

I don't see how this even makes sense from Rothwell's pov, if he's decided he wants to leave he'd surely be in a much better position after the season when his contract is up? Is he that afraid of breaking a leg in the remaining 15 games?

6x your salary now, or only ‘possibly’ in 4 months?

Hmmm

I don't see anyone suggesting he would cause us to lose out on promotion,
Best chance of going up in a decade and he purposely unsettles the team. Got to go down as one of Rovers biggest ball bag ex-players.

he's got mere months to wait and he's just potentially ruined our first opportunity of getting promoted

If we slip up he's going to take so much shit for this.

Also where has anyone said he's not good enough?

Get rid immediately, get someone in better. He's an inconsistent tw*t anyway.

Or he could be a bad egg that we need rid of.

Fuck him, he's not irreplaceable 

Callumrovers

Good post.

Rochdale_rover

Is that you Waggott?

Get him gone. Genuinely didn't think this would happen with any of the 3 out of contractors. To down tools shows a complete lack of respect to the club. You've been paid handsomely for several years for being average. 

In a way I hope it is Bournemouth and we gey to shove it right up him on the penultimate game of the season.

Just another in a long line of footballing mercenaries. A typical average Joe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aletheia said:

Best chance of going up in a decade and he purposely unsettles the team. Got to go down as one of Rovers biggest ball bag ex-players.

he's got mere months to wait and he's just potentially ruined our first opportunity of getting promoted

IGet rid immediately, get someone in better. He's an inconsistent tw*t anyway.

Fuck him, he's not irreplaceable 

You’ve said all I wanted to say.

Bridges burned with me. What an absolute wanker

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Bang on. Could of kept things behind closed doors but needed to force Venkys hand.

targets will have been sounded out, we will be  working on the deals now, knowing the Rothwell money is incoming.

I hope you're right but we were hardly as proactive as you assume with the Armstrong money were we

Edited by danger19_80

17 minutes ago, BigUts said:

In a way I hope it is Bournemouth and we gey to shove it right up him on the penultimate game of the season.

A tiny tiny part of me thinks this too. We definitely shouldn’t sell to them at any cost, and I’m sure if he’s off it’s too the Prem. 

Never the less, if it’s Bournemouth, what more motivation do the team need for the remainder. 

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

6x your salary now, or only ‘possibly’ in 4 months?

...or even more + the possibility of a fat sign on bonus, if the team you're going to gets you on a free. Then again, it's easier to bench a player who' hasn't got a big transfer fee attached to him. 

In any other season since Rothwell has been here, we would all be wishing him well onwards to a PL team for (£6m), offering to 4x his salary etc. Like we were with Armstrong. 

Him "choosing" to do it now, will cement his (short/medium) legacy as a potential villain (unless we get promoted).

*I say "choosing" as clearly he hasn't been wonderfully treated for the duration of his contract here, and it is pure mismanagement to allow him to be so close to expiring.

However the truth is he could have a contract till 2024 and Brentford could be offering £6m, and I bet he would still be making the same stink. 

Shame... If (Rothwell) can't choose to get his head down when your team/mates/club/fans are 3 points clear of 3rd with 1/3 of a season to go and best chance in a decade to get back up... well, good riddance to you.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Commondore said:

...or even more + the possibility of a fat sign on bonus, if the team you're going to gets you on a free. Then again, it's easier to bench a player who' hasn't got a big transfer fee attached to him. 

Not a risk I’d take myself.

11 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Looks like Travis isn’t happy with Rothwell… he’s removed it now!

(not my comment)

7C720CB5-463F-4E86-9502-6C72C03F2E5E.jpeg

He’s liked a few others where people have said they ‘love your commitment, unlike some…’ won’t be keeping his opinion to himself won’t Trav!

44 minutes ago, Commondore said:

I agree. If he stays and plays well to the end of the season, more clubs would be interested in him given they could get him for free.

This would translate to a massive pay rise for him. Win-Win you would think.

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

In fairness to Rothwell, if someone was offering me upto 4 x my salary or even doubling my salary i'd want that conversation as would 95% of the population.

Its football, but its still a job that pays the bills. Not many players have the emotional attachment to a club.

A couple of years ago Dack was devastated his injury had potentially goosed his dream of premier league and the riches that come with it.

Players will always come, always go and someone else takes the shirt.

Had we been lurking around in midtable this be already a done deal.

We've missed his creativity the last couple of games, but 2 x clean sheets shows what Johnson brings to the team. 

Johnson has been pretty anonymous in his two starts - Davenport is a better player at this stage of their careers.

As for the players - the further we've slipped down the football pyramid the more forgettable they've become for me. I became very attached to a lot of our Prem teams - this lot I'd sell at the right price (and replace 90% of them if we got promoted).

• Like 2