BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

Its not ideal, was told Monday morning about Bournemouth bid, and that the JR camp were aware of the money on table in terms of wages, was also told they wanted deal now, but would wait til summer if needed but numbers were already on table, as per my post Tuesday. 

Was told last night (impeccable source) JR will not be sold, I asked if thats a no full stop, and was told its a no, a no and another no. Given the ones who will decide said it was a no, then was happy to say be here Tuesday.

Was told he'd been left behind but had not chucked toys out of pram from another source, I assumed given that info he was still probably injured, as it would be strange just to leave him behind.

Obviously Tms words today support , its a no no no from Venkys, and it was Tms decision to leave him behind as he wants the club to consider an offer thats been presented, and Joe also wants to consider it so it was mutual

Its all a mess really, but unless that big cheque arrives, I cannot see Venkys changing their stance. They will not be dictated to by anyone, and would sooner lose the money and have the player rot in the reserves than have it aimed at them, that they sold one of our key players at a time our when we have the best chance ever to go up.

Rovers record in signing players in January for immediate impact is poor, whilst prices are inflated.

JR's situation changes nothing on the recruitment side, if the right player at the right money is available, then rovers will go for that player regardless if JR sold or not

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Never underestimate how stubborn our owners are, pal.

They listen to, respect and trust Mowbray. This is different than other high profile transfers.

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Point in bold is nail on head and why I think we will also lose Nyambe.

Argued from day 1 that Rothwell has something special about him.  He's a game changer.  Needed nurturing and some tlc.

IMO, Mowbray has seriously mismanaged the lad and If I was Rothwell, I'd feel I'd been messed about.

Take the £6million as outcome for Rovers could be much worse if he walks for nowt.  Keeping him against his will just wont work - he'd be half arsed and frightened of getting a serious injury.

Until this season, Rothwell hasn't played well enough, consistently enough to justify feeling messed about. We've seen that he was more than happy to run his contract down at his last club to join a club higher un the pyramid and earn more cash. All the evidence points to him just doing the same to Rovers, which notwithstanding how he's gone about asking for a move, is fair enough.

Agree that given where we are now though, we should take the £6million assuming we can spend that on replacement(s).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its not ideal, was told Monday morning about Bournemouth bid, and that the JR camp were aware of the money on table in terms of wages, was also told they wanted deal now, but would wait til summer if needed but numbers were already on table, as per my post Tuesday. 

Was told last night (impeccable source) JR will not be sold, I asked if thats a no full stop, and was told its a no, a no and another no. Given the ones who will decide said it was a no, then was happy to say be here Tuesday.

Was told he'd been left behind but had not chucked toys out of pram from another source, I assumed given that info he was still probably injured, as it would be strange just to leave him behind.

Obviously Tms words today support , its a no no no from Venkys, and it was Tms decision to leave him behind as he wants the club to consider an offer thats been presented, and Joe also wants to consider it so it was mutual

Its all a mess really, but unless that big cheque arrives, I cannot see Venkys changing their stance. They will not be dictated to by anyone, and would sooner lose the money and have the player rot in the reserves than have it aimed at them, that they sold one of our key players at a time our when we have the best chance ever to go up.

Rovers record in signing players in January for immediate impact is poor, whilst prices are inflated.

JR's situation changes nothing on the recruitment side, if the right player at the right money is available, then rovers will go for that player regardless if JR sold or not

I respect the owners for standing their ground, just a shame they and our diffy manager cant be on the same page aboit anything. Cant see him getting a new contract in the summer now regardless of where we finish in tbe league. 

24 minutes ago, dallydally said:

£6M would be a good deal but we won't have much time to get a replacement in!

We likely haven’t but probably should have already been sourcing replacements. There was always a good chance this was the outcome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Another headache that we now have is Edun apparently left the stadium in a protective boot. We’ll surely be needing a left back in if he’s out for any period with Pickering a few weeks off.

When it rains.

Zeefuick will fill in there no doubt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

TM is referring to two 23-24 year olds being lined up on 5 year deals....anything coming tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

We likely haven’t but probably should have already been sourcing replacements. There was always a good chance this was the outcome. 

Replacements have been touted. I would suggest they are pretty much ready to go providing fee is met. I think no matter how much Venkys don't want to sell JR. This is a done deal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neophox said:

Do you leave 24 hours before window shuts.... amazingly bad by Rothwell... he's dismissed a new contract and potentially going up with Rovers and f**k you to the fans ! For his sake hope its Premier League...

the big question is ,who are all these clubs queing up for him???!!!,our best bet would be to offload him to rangers,he`ll be out of our way then

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

average joe .... rothwell.

See you later. 

Anybody who defends this clown is a joke.

Going for promotion . All bodies on the line . Half a team missing . And this coward refuses to play.

Heart Says stick him in the reserves .

Head says sell him and re invest.

All I know is I don't want him to wear the shirt again . 

What’s more cowardly is he’s not requesting a transfer. He’s asked to speak to other clubs. The difference being if he requests a transfer he loses the right to his contact and bonuses being paid up. So whatever figure he’s sold for - remember we still need to pay him his contract. Unless he submits a formal transfer request. 

BTW - same agent that’s instigating all of this represents Travis. 

• Like 6