BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

So fourth division Brentford have apparently turned little Joe's head. Goodbye and good luck. 

Dreadful timing amid our best run in 10 years and I just hope it doesn't affect team morale.

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

Well this is a bit shit innit?

He has his critics but he's one player who can turn a game with a bit of quality, hits a good set piece and travels well with the ball. He'll be a big miss on the field and who knows how it will affect the rest of the camp.

Just hope it's not Burnley who are on for him...

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Gonna be fecking fuming with Rothwell if he’s playing silly buggers now when he can do as he wishes in 4 months time. 4 months Joe FFS. Get your head down and get on with it.

Too late if his head's been turned by the big guns. Who would have thought that Brentford - if its true of cource - could tempt another player from us.

A ‘bad back’ does seem the precursor for a move. A very flimsy excuse and too coincidental if he misses tomorrow.

I can’t see us having the funds but IF he goes I would love us to go for Matt Grimes. Weather Swansea need to sell is another matter.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Is it ..? Possibly an unhappy player rocking the boat. 

We shall see when he,s named in the starting 11 tomorrow.

Seems to be common consensus that he isn't travelling down tomorrow. If his agent is playing silly buggers, my view would be tough, he'll soon get his head down on Tuesday morning once the window has shut.

What would the other two think if there's anything in it and we let Rothwell get away with it? They'd be entitled down tools and wonder why we hadn't let them do as they want as well.

41 minutes ago, J*B said:

My WhatsApp’s and Twitter DMs are full of people saying the same thing here which hardly ever happens…

Rothwell has refused to travel with the squad and has asked to speak to “other clubs”. Mowbray furious. 

I'd be popping him in the reserves till summer - unless Bournemouth pay big.  I'd also be ensuring a defenders knee found his back at the soonest opportunity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

25 good games max  in 4 years .  Doesn't score or create enough

So much for loving his football at the minute 

Adios . Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

We will pass you on your way back down

Here we go , why is the reaction whenever a player is linked with a move away, "he's shit, never liked him anyway".

Same thing happened with Nyambe a couple of weeks ago when someone posted on FB that Nyambe had been saying his goodbyes at Brockhall.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Here we go , why is the reaction whenever a player is linked with a move away, "he's shit, never liked him anyway".

Same thing happened with Nyambe a couple of weeks ago when someone posted on FB that Nyambe had been saying his goodbyes at Brockhall.

Go back and read my comments on him on the past .

He's your typical match of the day player

In a few months if / when dack fully fit he'd be in the bench half of the time

Edited by Rochdale_rover

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Too late if his head's been turned by the big guns. Who would have thought that Brentford - if its true of cource - could tempt another player from us.

Forget the name of the club, it’s the league. I can understand pushing for a PL move to an extent but this is really poor.

If it is Bournemouth he’s after then he eclipses Bradley Orr in my book.

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Seems to be common consensus that he isn't travelling down tomorrow. If his agent is playing silly buggers, my view would be tough, he'll soon get his head down on Tuesday morning once the window has shut.

What would the other two think if there's anything in it and we let Rothwell get away with it? They'd be entitled down tools and wonder why we hadn't let them do as they want as well.

If Rovers block a move after hes gone out of his way way to cry off with a 'bad back' which im sure Rovers medical staff probably already know if he s crying wolf then i dont see Rothwell being the first name on the team sheet when the window closes and he's still here. 

Suddenly he's in limbo ..

Expect a future statement and publicity front saying how dedicated he is to Rovers final season  push ..

• Like 1

Let’s see, if it was true, I am 100% certain there would be media tittle tattle be it player or agent! I am also pretty sure that footballers who create issues to force moves like they have in the past are not looked on favourably these days.

I then look at the forward players with creative ability in the Brentford squad and there is little hope for Joe when compared to Canos, Wissa and Mbeuno, who has just signed a new long term contract with them. He will be nothing more than a sub although I accept his wages will increase.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If he has back spasms it will flame back up. He has a history with that specific injury, but a cryptic Crooke on Twitter isn’t very reassuring. 

I would imagine providing fee is met. He is 100% gone. 

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Let’s see, if it was true, I am 100% certain there would be media tittle tattle be it player or agent! I am also pretty sure that footballers who create issues to force moves like they have in the past are not looked on favourably these days.

I then look at the forward players with creative ability in the Brentford squad and there is little hope for Joe when compared to Canos, Wissa and Mbeuno, who has just signed a new long term contract with them. He will be nothing more than a sub although I accept his wages will increase.

It is 100% true.