BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

11 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I thought this noise would be a change from JRC πŸ˜‚

Sorry, mate, I didn't mean you shouldn't have posted it, it's interesting to hear what rumours are being officially shared.Β 

I just meant they should always be taken with a pinch o salt. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But surely the player has the right to subsequently change their mind as anybody who has accepted a job offer from a potential future employer can ?

To do a deal like this would mean agreeing with the player terms for playing in the Premier League when we have not had an opportunity to see if we like him - a deal to avoid for me.

Once the contract is signed there's no going back. If you sign a deal like that you've put the decision in the clubs hands. like we have with breo diaz's one year extension. He doesn't have a say in the matter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

Rovers in for Danish Midfielder…. Much needed if you ask me … 

The only man I trust on here has spoken!

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

But surely the player has the right to subsequently change their mind as anybody who has accepted a job offer from a potential future employer can ?

To do a deal like this would mean agreeing with the player terms for playing in the Premier League when we have not had an opportunity to see if we like him - a deal to avoid for me.

Think you're overthinking it mate.

A one year loan deal with an obligation to buy with a 3 year contract is effectively just a 4 year permanent signing, and you can't decide after a year of signing for someone permanently that you don't fancy them anymore.

It's just a way around FFP.Β 

Edited by Mellor Rover

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Think you're overthinking it mate.

A one year loan deal with an obligation to buy with a 3 year contract is effectively just a 4 year permanent signing.

It's just a way around FFP.Β 

Exactly this. Keep the payments off this years account but still get the player in.

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Decent squad player if they can get him on a free. If there was a decent fee involved I don’t think they’d Β be so keen.

I think he'd get eaten alive in the Prem - but then I look at our team and don't think any could make the step up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The "foreign" target that Mowbray's been on about or another one?

Different I'd guess Rev. Believe his wording was 'from abroad', but then again, even that's down to interpretation I guess!

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of what you say is technically correct of course but that is even more reason for ensuring that your prize assets are looked after at the appropriate time and not at the last minute when all the power is in the players' hands.

Β£30 m worth of talent potentially walking out for free in summer if we don't go up.

There's scores of clubs having the exact same issue so don't try and make it a unique example of bad management by us. Look at Chelsea and what about PSG and Mbappe??

There are many more examples out there too as you well know.Β 

We've even picked up Markanday on the cheap for effectively the same reason...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

There's scores of clubs having the exact same issue so don't try and make it a unique example of bad management by us. Look at Chelsea and what about PSG and Mbappe??

There are many more examples out there too as you well know.Β 

We've even picked up Markanday on the cheap for effectively the same reason...

Well said this is a global issue in football atm. Covid has really tightened everyones pursestrings and players still want what they would've got pre covid. I think a few of them will be surprise what they're offered as free agents as it won't live up to expectations.