BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Most of what you say is technically correct of course but that is even more reason for ensuring that your prize assets are looked after at the appropriate time and not at the last minute when all the power is in the players' hands.

But that's the point, there is no 'appropriate time' when you've got no gate receipts coming in. The problem is constantly there. You can't even gamble of future cashflows when folk say they'll never return until ownership changes. For me a wage structure is necessary, if players want more than the structure cap then they have to climb down or move on. The club is bigger than any player, we come first.  There's no optimum right time to fix this. On this topic I don't blame Waggott or the owners.

Not totally against this Brentford lad, but for me, we need to be bringing in some experience in that position. I've said before, a younger Johnson type. We're going to need some experienced and calm heads for the run in and already have a team of youngsters.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

https://griffinpark.org/index.php?threads/mads-bidstrup.136772/

Some Brentford fans views on Bidstrup, interesting if there is any truth in that one.

Extremely highly rated although based on minimal first team involvement so needed to be taken with a pinch of salt. We do need a central midfielder and it is difficult to get one on loan when he may well struggle to play regularly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

not seen much of Bidstrup but he’s got good reviews. Nice move if it pays off 

10 years ago who would have thought we’d be loaning players from Brentford eh? Bloody hell 

50  years ago John oMara ! Now that was bloody hell.

9 hours ago, Seedstral said:

Not really its called having a wage structure that you are not prepared to exceed. If they believe their agent will get a better deal elsewhere then fair to them but thats the risk they take!!

Sure but the question is, are the deals good enough for the players to sign. The answer is “no”. Whether it be due to wage caps, poor offers, level of play, etc. doesn’t matter, the fact remains if the package met the players desires then they’d be signed. 

16 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hedges Travelling Down For Medical …I like the look of him … has matured .. 

What is it about him you like the look of? I haven't seen him, but nothing I've heard has inspired me about him. It wouldn't be anywhere near the first time if an underwhelming signing came up trumps of course.

Just now, callumrovers said:

200k is a steal.

I tended to think once the pre-contract was signed they'd be disposed to selling him now on the cheap.

I expect some very bitter comments from their manager about it.

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I tended to think once the pre-contract was signed they'd be disposed to selling him now on the cheap.

I expect some very bitter comments from their manager about it.

Agreed. 200k for a Welsh international with an eye for goal is great business. Adds more depth to the squad. Can’t see him being a starter atm.

Sounds like he'll be a decent squad player. Much prefer us to get him in now where he could make an impact, rather than wait until the summer when we could be a PL club.

Read a Barnsley forum and they have him down as a real impact player off the bench rather than a starter. Sounds fine to me as we've been desperately lacking alternatives in matches.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

£200k for a player who presumably gives us better depth and a better chance of being promoted. Can't argue with that.

10 years ago £200k would have only got us 1 week worth of Danny Murphy, Dixon Etuhu, Leon Best, Bradley Orr and all them Portuguese nobody's (and Nuno Gomes).

Don't know anything about Hedges beyond the talk on here... but as long as he is fitter and faster than JRC and Butterworth it'll be a start. I'm way past my peak and I still think I'd do them two in the 100m, without a warm up.

• Like 3