BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

Unless you’ve got a driver in your group then awkward to get to.

It would be good if Rovers could subsidise coaches for this, similar to Sheff Weds away for the league cup semi in 02.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Mrs E has said if I go to the game, she'll be spending the day catching up on her programmes.

Or at least I think that's what she means when she says 'If you go to Sheffield, I'll make sure I treat myself to some BBC'...

At first, @Mike E , I thought your spouse was that rarity among women, a female programme-collector! 😉

• Like 1

Everyone has to accept the fact that the FA don’t give two hoots about the fans. FA Cup games should be 3 pm on a Saturday. The Semi Finals should be at a neutral ground either in the North, the Midlands or London depending who are the teams in the semis. 
So the question is this. If we reach the semi final, do you fork out the extortionate fee to travel to Wembley plus the over inflated ticket price, or do you hold out in case we get to the final, because you and most other fans can’t afford to do both?

You decide that as it’s so long since we were in an FA Cup final that you will hang on for the final………..oh dear we don’t get through the semi final so you have missed out in seeing your beloved club at Wembley on either occasion.  

The FA have a lot to answer for, but do they care about the majority of real fans?
Do they Fook !!!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Everyone has to accept the fact that the FA don’t give two hoots about the fans. FA Cup games should be 3 pm on a Saturday. The Semi Finals should be at a neutral ground either in the North, the Midlands or London depending who are the teams in the semis. 
So the question is this. If we reach the semi final, do you fork out the extortionate fee to travel to Wembley plus the over inflated ticket price, or do you hold out in case we get to the final, because you and most other fans can’t afford to do both?

You decide that as it’s so long since we were in an FA Cup final that you will hang on for the final………..oh dear we don’t get through the semi final so you have missed out in seeing your beloved club at Wembley on either occasion.  

The FA have a lot to answer for, but do they care about the majority of real fans?
Do they Fook !!!

Amen 👍

On 03/03/2023 at 20:42, Ianrally said:

Do they Fook !!!

Good post.

So, there is no way of getting to the quarter final on public transport. Sure the FA'S sustainability policy will be fully in line with that. The inevitable clause stating that sustainability concerns should only apply when financial and TV priorities allow, should get them off the hook on this one. 

If there is a train strike on the Saturday, there may be no quarter final game where fans can get home via public transport. Fulham fans may be able to get back  to London, but not to south London. 

I'm sure this will be noticed and mentioned, but there is a good chance there wasn't a single mention of this in the planning of the fixtures.

Pitiful. And it WILL have some impact on the away teams' chances of progression. 

Please could someone start a Quarter Final thread. Cheers.  

Edited by garnersfags

18 minutes ago, superniko said:

Still no news on prices, sale structure, allocation, transport etc. for the FA cup tie in less than 2 weeks time. On sale in the home end.

Just normal Rovers routine. Probably find out on Friday they are on sale.

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Still no news on prices, sale structure, allocation, transport etc. for the FA cup tie in less than 2 weeks time. On sale in the home end.

Sheffield United out theirs on sale this morning to season ticket holders.