BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

4 minutes ago, superniko said:

Has that 6k been announced? I thought it was 15% of capacity so 4.8k.

I’d imagine we’ll be Sunday. United play Thursday night so will be Sunday meaning City will have to be Saturday. Which would also keep ourselves and Burnley separate. 

I can’t speak for Garnerfags but Spurs got that allocation.

I think the rule is 15% but with segregation, they’d have to pay for policing and stewards to let a couple of hundred home fans in the stand and that just doesn’t make sense. Even if they wanted to do that, with the way the stand is set up, they just couldn’t do it with concourses etc. so I think it’s safe to assume that’s our allocation.

One of the big points not mentioned since the draw is regarding Sheff Utd’s team selection. It was discussed during their game with Spurs but it will be interesting (and the next couple of league fixtures could influence this) to see if they persist with playing their squad players…

Well it won't be the Friday night as both us and Sheff are playing on the previous Wednesday, and it won't be on the Monday night as that's the start of the international week.

I also doubt rail strikes will come into it as they couldn't care less how the fans get there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

4,800 according to the official page (so who knows, possibly given an increased allocation at some point, as home areas weren’t selling out?)

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/february/sheffield-united-v-spurs-fa-cup-ticket-news/

33 minutes ago, ageoftherover said:

City or City tier opponent then. A winner who dodges both Manchester clubs from here would consider themselves very lucky.

Definitely. If we do beat Sheff Utd we’ll have it all to do in the semi final. It’s still possible though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, superniko said:

Edit: looks like it’s based on Spurs match who got 15% originally then additional 1.2k or so afterwards. 

Yep, I'd based the 5,988 on what Spurs had last night, so need to add the 4,800 caveat.

Thought the minimum was more than 15% for FA Cup, shows I'm out of date. 

If offered, we'll take the 5,988, but suppose it depends how quickly we sell the 4,800....

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Definitely. If we do beat Sheff Utd we’ll have it all to do in the semi final. 

Been looking forward to a visit to the new Wembley for years.

There would be the embarrassment of not selling out for the semi, but hopefully my pessimism on this will be unfounded.

Our league form will have a bearing on this...

We know there won't be a Friday or Monday game as all QFs have a team playing on Wed or Thu then the week after is Int Break.

United play Thursday night away in Betis, so they'll 100% be Sunday, which means City v Dingles will be Saturday.

Toss up where ourselves and Brighton v Grimsby fall I guess, though I'd imagine even if it is Sunday they'll want United to be the last game (usually BBC), with the draw after it, rather than an all-Championship affair. 

So i'll go with a Saturday match for us, so long as the police are happy with Burnley and Rovers fans playing on Saturday (albeit both away from home), either that or an early Sunday KO (nice Mothers Day present)

Edited by superniko

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

We know there won't be a Friday or Monday game as all QFs have a team playing on Wed or Thu then the week after is Int Break.

United play Thursday night away in Betis, so they'll 100% be Sunday, which means City v Dingles will be Saturday.

Toss up where ourselves and Brighton v Grimsby fall I guess, though I'd imagine even if it is Sunday they'll want United to be the last game (usually BBC), with the draw after it, rather than an all-Championship affair. 

So i'll go with a Saturday match for us, so long as the police are happy with Burnley and Rovers fans playing on Saturday (albeit both away from home), either that or an early Sunday KO (nice Mothers Day present)

Sadly Saturday is another rail strike day, so quite selfishly would fancy a Sunday game. 

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

Guessing one match early kick off saturday as Chelsea - Everton is late kick off (17:30) on TV. Then three matches on sunday. Only Arsenal - Palace on TV that day (14:00). 

2 hours ago, CoconutGrove said:

One of the big points not mentioned since the draw is regarding Sheff Utd’s team selection. It was discussed during their game with Spurs but it will be interesting (and the next couple of league fixtures could influence this) to see if they persist with playing their squad players…

It's the two week international break after the game so i imagine they will go full strengh as possible against us.

3 minutes ago, sandstorm said:

Guessing one match early kick off saturday as Chelsea - Everton is late kick off (17:30) on TV. Then three matches on sunday. Only Arsenal - Palace on TV that day (14:00). 

Yeah good shout, that would be the same as last season too. That Arsenal game isn't televised either, so more flex for FA cup viewing figures.

Sunday games were 12:30, 15:00 and 18:00 last year. Unless they add in a Saturday evening match this year at 19:45

1 minute ago, superniko said:

Yeah good shout, that would be the same as last season too. That Arsenal game isn't televised either, so more flex for FA cup viewing figures.

Sunday games were 12:30, 15:00 and 18:00 last year. Unless they add in a Saturday evening match this year at 19:45

I imagine Sky will get hold of that Arsenal game and show it live now that there two games they were showing that day aren't happening.

Sheffield United play their next home game on 11th March v Luton and the tickets are priced at £29 for Adults, £18 concessions and £11 for juniors. 

I would say we fall into a similar bracket (CAT B), so I can’t see the tickets being £10 again 😂

2 hours ago, garnersfags said:

Yep, I'd based the 5,988 on what Spurs had last night, so need to add the 4,800 caveat.

Thought the minimum was more than 15% for FA Cup, shows I'm out of date. 

If offered, we'll take the 5,988, but suppose it depends how quickly we sell the 4,800....

Screenshot_20230302_132737_Chrome.jpg

Hope the quarter final isn’t on the Sunday because as everyone knows March 19 is Mothering Sunday. So unless your wife / girlfriend/ partner fancies a trip to Bramall Lane as a “treat” it’s going to be difficult for many fans with a sense of right and wrong to justify disappearing for most of the day to go to a football match on a day that is supposed to be a special time for mums. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope the quarter final isn’t on the Sunday because as everyone knows March 19 is Mothering Sunday. So unless your wife / girlfriend/ partner fancies a trip to Bramall Lane as a “treat” it’s going to be difficult for many fans with a sense of right and wrong to justify disappearing for most of the day to go to a football match on a day that is supposed to be a special time for mums. 

I'm sure if your wife / girlfriend / partner was half a decent person they'd understand their own husband / boyfriend / partner in going to arguably our biggest game in the past five or more years.

You can treat your significant other any day of the year.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, superniko said:

I’d imagine we’ll be Sunday. United play Thursday night so will be Sunday meaning City will have to be Saturday. Which would also keep ourselves and Burnley separate. 

Edit: looks like it’s based on Spurs match who got 15% originally then additional 1.2k or so afterwards. 

If we played Sunday it would also be better for Grimsby travelling to Brighton on the Saturday.