BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

Tomorrow night. One of my favourite football events of the year.

What are people hoping for?

Glamour tie at Ewood and see Waggott in a tailspin trying to accommodate 30,000?

Home draw against lower league opposition?

I fancy going to a new ground so would love an away tie at any of:

Wimbledon, Orient, Swindon, St Albans

I've been before but would be great if we could get Kidderminster, Boreham Wood, Salford or Halifax

I wouldn't complain with West Ham, Spurs or Brentford away (new grounds)

Hope we avoid the monotony of a Derby, Bournemouth, Reading, Stoke, Birmingham.

Really anyone but Championship would be a nice change.

Edited by JHRover

Playing any of the 'Big Boys' reserves in the FA Cup 3rd Round holds little attraction for me, especially as we would probably do the same.

The 3rd Round draw used to be one of the seasons highlights until those same Big Boys diminished the competition.

The arrogant r-unts only get interested at the semi-final stage.

Anybody who gets us a TV slot will do fine.

• Like 1

My first thought was Harrogate would be nice for a new, local-ish away, but just seen that their ground only holds 5,000. Would be a mad scramble for tickets even for ST holders.

Would ideally like one of the bigger prem teams either home or away, or any NW team away. This year is first in a while where I'm not dreading drawing Burnley either. 

A nice day big out at somewhere we haven't been for a while will do me.

I know people have differing opinions on cup runs and so on but i'm more excited and interested in the league for the first time in years.  This squad is to small and thin to be competing in the cup as well.  A nice day out at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spuds would be good for them though and the fans.

Man Yoo or Liverpool at home ?  Nah thanks call me the grinch but all that does is give the legions of red plastic in East Lancs an opportunity to turn up and gloat.

I wouldn't mind seeing how our young crop of players handled a dingle derby though !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I want United away. Always looked forward to that fixture and it will get us in the spotlight again. Seems highly unlikely, I know, but just imagine the chaos a Diaz winner at Old Trafford would cause.

The worst possible draw would be any of the Premier League top 3 away, so I hope we avoid them.

For a fun tie I would be happy with any of Kidderminster/Halifax, Boreham Wood/St Albans City.

Any Championship side would be underwhelming and a complete bore of a draw.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A nice day big out at somewhere we haven't been for a while will do me.

I know people have differing opinions on cup runs and so on but i'm more excited and interested in the league for the first time in years.  This squad is to small and thin to be competing in the cup as well.  A nice day out at Arsenal, Chelsea or Spuds would be good for them though and the fans.

Man Yoo or Liverpool at home ?  Nah thanks call me the grinch but all that does is give the legions of red plastic in East Lancs an opportunity to turn up and gloat.

I wouldn't mind seeing how our young crop of players handled a dingle derby though !

I'm one of those that still gets excited about cup runs - some of the best moments following Rovers in the last 10 years have been in the FA cup (although that probably says more about our league performance). But I agree that this year when a small squad is really outperforming expectations, it's probably one year where we need to be more conscious about not stretching our resources too thinly.

A game like Spurs away would tick a lot of boxes. New ground, decent scalp if we win but no shame if we get knocked out. Just as importantly, 50% of the >£1,000,000 gate receipts, half a chance of getting picked for TV too. Instead we'll probably get QPR or Millwall!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm one of those that still gets excited about cup runs - some of the best moments following Rovers in the last 10 years have been in the FA cup (although that probably says more about our league performance). But I agree that this year when a small squad is really outperforming expectations, it's probably one year where we need to be more conscious about not stretching our resources too thinly.

A game like Spurs away would tick a lot of boxes. New ground, decent scalp if we win but no shame if we get knocked out. Just as importantly, 50% of the >£1,000,000 gate receipts, half a chance of getting picked for TV too. Instead we'll probably get QPR or Millwall!

Got to be Spurs away. Walked around the stadium 2 weekends ago - it looks awesome 👏 

4 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yes i get where fans are coming from when they say winning breeds confidence whatever the game and all that.  Also one of the best days out iv'e had was in the darkest times when we won at Arsenal.  If you catch a big team just at the right time anything can happen and when we are in midtable and expect to stay there you've got to grab anything extra you can.

For me though there is a different vibe about it this season and the cut and thrust of the championship seems to suit this young side. Don't want to get bogged down playing a string of lower sides in front of no fans then lose away at Boro or somewhere.

I'd just prefer a one off biggie and a carefree day out where anything beyond a whooping is a bonus.