BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

I’d love Everton or Burnley away, I think we’d beat them, they are both so poor at the moment. Everton is a good day out and Burnley is Burnley.

I’d take Kidderminster away for somewhere new to me, Liverpool away as it’s always a great day out or St Albans/Boreham Wood away.

A big club at home would be alright, but I’d prefer to play any of them away.

Burnley might be going through a rough patch at the moment but I’d still rather stay away from them, especially at the Turf. They’re still a goal better than we are. I always look at it like this - how many of our players would get in their team ? Having said that the gap between the respective teams is narrower that it has been for a long while.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Burnley might be going through a rough patch at the moment but I’d still rather stay away from them, especially at the Turf. They’re still a goal better than we are. I always look at it like this - how many of our players would get in their team ? Having said that the gap between the respective teams is narrower that it has been for a long while.

Agree. Don't want to play them and certainly don't want to go to their place for numerous reasons including the ridiculous police operation.

If we had won the last meeting between the sides I'd be quite happy to never play them again and retain bragging rights indefinitely however given they have had the better of us recently we need to play them sooner rather than later and beat them to reset the clock.

I'd just rather wait until they were relegated and Dyche leaves and they have a firesale.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're certainly still the better side on paper, no question. I think there's an element of us getting slightly giddy at our recent form, but at the same time it would be a great time to play them when they're absolutely in the relegation mire and their already pretty small squad has just gone through the Christmas period. Dyche has never really treated the cups seriously at the best of times, so the prospect of losing to the big rivals when they're in the division below puts them in a sticky position in terms of how seriously they should take the game. 

I'm still not sure if I actually want to play them, but this is the first season where I'd not necessarily expect a hiding. 

Edited by Admiral Nelsen
spelling error
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Still annoys me more than it should that Bournemouth are ball number 1 due to them putting the 'AFC' before their name rather than after like everyone else.

Shouldn't be allowed and they should be further down the list.

Aye but only because Accy Stanley are out :)

Normally I want a good cup run. But this season, if we actually have a shot at promotion at last, with our thin squad it would probably be best if we bow out early. Therefore, a tough tie suits, probably a money spinner like others have said, away to a giant. Slight downside is the players might then knacker themselves out trying to prove a point about their abilities, affecting the league game after, but at least it would only be one game getting in the way presumably. Actually beating a team like that could be a huge confidence boost, so win win.

Hoping we get an interesting game, not based from getting a bit of TV money, but I would like either one of the big teams or one of the lowest ones with a new interesting ground away from home.

I am sure that we will be typically inundated with comments suggesting that people dont care if we lose or that we should play the under 23s which I won't understand. Might be a bit of scope for rotation but I find attitudes towards the FA cup third round to be very strange.