BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

20 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Hope the quarter final isn’t on the Sunday because as everyone knows March 19 is Mothering Sunday. So unless your wife / girlfriend/ partner fancies a trip to Bramall Lane as a “treat” it’s going to be difficult for many fans with a sense of right and wrong to justify disappearing for most of the day to go to a football match on a day that is supposed to be a special time for mums. 

I'd hope wives/girlfriends/partners of the menfolk of Blackburn do the right thing and buy their loved ones a ticket, give them a hefty beer allowance, and then send them off with a peck on the cheek and a free pass for a jolly good piss-up with their mates in Sheffield. 

Anything else would be tyranny. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sandstorm said:

Isnt this getting ridiculous now. The game is in two weeks and they cant announce the date?

Welcome to the shit show that is the FA

All these coaches, pundits and players speak about the 'tradition' of the cup. Then they don't say anything about it being played at 6pm on a Sunday or something bloody daft

At the very minimum the FA Cup should be Saturday 3pm until the final.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Welcome to the shit show that is the FA

All these coaches, pundits and players speak about the 'tradition' of the cup. Then they don't say anything about it being played at 6pm on a Sunday or something bloody daft

At the very minimum the FA Cup should be Saturday 3pm until the final.

The final should definitely be Saturday 3pm, it's competing with nothing going on at that time and people from up north can get home on public transport on the same day instead of incurring hotel costs etc.

49 minutes ago, sandstorm said:

Isnt this getting ridiculous now. The game is in two weeks and they cant announce the date?

Who are you laying the blame on ? The club, waggot, club shop and ticket office ?

it’s the tv companies as has been mentioned

Edited by 1864roverite

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

Who are you laying the blame on ? The club, waggot, club shop and ticket office ?

it’s the tv companies as has been mentioned

Was told by ticket office staff yesterday afternoon that a meeting was taking place at that time.

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I'd hope wives/girlfriends/partners of the menfolk of Blackburn do the right thing and buy their loved ones a ticket, give them a hefty beer allowance, and then send them off with a peck on the cheek and a free pass for a jolly good piss-up with their mates in Sheffield. 

Anything else would be tyranny. 

Obviously lost on some folk but March 19 is Mothering Sunday.... a special day for mums and extended family not dads 

If the game is on the Sunday it will be difficult for some fans

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Alun Armstrong is a well-known 76-year old Geordie actor - perhaps him?

Might explain why Saints struggled

We diddled Southampton out of £15 for Adam - he was +never worth that

I'd have him back though for £2m

Mogadon might have signed him, @jim mk2. He'd have been impressed by his reputation for doing, erm, "New tricks"! 😉

• Backroom

Mrs E has said if I go to the game, she'll be spending the day catching up on her programmes.

Or at least I think that's what she means when she says 'If you go to Sheffield, I'll make sure I treat myself to some BBC'...

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Oh joy. 24 hours of wondering if we'd shift 4-5000 brought to a shuddering halt.

We'll do well to fill the bottom tier now I reckon.

Cheers ITV.

Well if you're right that says more about our fairweather fans. It's easily do-able if you care about the club.

29 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Well if you're right that says more about our fairweather fans. It's easily do-able if you care about the club.

There’s always an excuse not to go. It’s really sad to see Ewood 2/3rds empty most weeks and will be barely half full tomorrow even with our current form. Ticket cost and ownership mistakes are obviously factors but ultimately we just don’t have the fanbase. 

Hope we can get near to selling this out but dread to think how many empty seats there will be at Wembley if we do get through.

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Great

Clash with Mothering Sunday and church service

Thank you Football Association and ITV

If you went in church you'd spontaneously combust.

Get them tickets bought, you're on a roll Jim.

Edited by Gav

First train from Blackburn is 08:09 - 11:38 with 3 changes so with the walk on the other side you’ll just make the whistle whilst enjoying nothing but the train journey. 

First proper train without ridiculous hassle is 09:04 - 11:54 with just 1 change. 

Laughable really isn’t it 12pm. At least move them all back one hour and start it at 1pm. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1