BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

I think it is a good draw for us. With the exception of Grimsby and arguably Sheff U at home I can't see any better looking fixture if you want to reach the last 4.

Avoided the big 2 of United and City.

Avoided the stress of the dingles

Avoided the flying PL sides of Fulham and Brighton including long trek away days at teams you'd expect us to struggle against.

With Sheff U of course it will be tough at a ground we tend to struggle at, but Leicester was one of those, and Norwich earlier on in the cup, and we dealt well with those. 

But it is a fellow Championship club who are by no means secure in 2nd place and will have Middlesbrough / perhaps even ourselves not far behind them soon. It is winnable and what a prize on offer.

Lose and there's no shame away at a decent side. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Went earlier in the season and they spanked us, we never got a kick, very good side. I’m also still traumatised by the loss in 91 or 92? Nicky Marker missed his penalty?

All that said we are a better side now and this is winnable. When are we queuing for tickets? Is that still a thing 😂

Ive a feeling Jason Wilcox missed a pen that year - could have been in addition to Marker though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Swag will be delighted that there's lot of Tv money available and we get 45% of the gate receipts. 

Yes, he should be pleased. Is the club making money a bad thing? Odd criticism.

Initially disappointed about the draw but in hindsight, it’s much more winnable than the others bar Grimsby. We’ll be the underdogs but that could work to our advantage. We’ve got a decent shot at getting to Wembley so can’t complain. Any of the Prem teams or Burnley would have been a far tougher task.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

Ive a feeling Jason Wilcox missed a pen that year - could have been in addition to Marker though.

We got knocked out of both cups in the same year by both Sheffield clubs. The United game went to penalties at Bramall Lane and Waddle and Warhurst tore us apart at Ewood.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, roverandout said:

Pretty obvious the main game will be 'Vincent kompany will be returning to his spiritual home oh and yes he's managing Burnley '

It was on BBC Breaking News last night ‘Vincent Kompany’s Burnley to face Man City in the FA Cup’.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Right what day we reckoning ..? Fulham and Grimsby on the Sunday when trains running ..? us n Burnley Saturday  due to the trips away relatively short without trains so a little more accessible for the travelling fan ?

Utd-Fulham will have to be Sunday (Utd playing on the Thursday before), which will make City the Saturday yep.....but yeah you could be right about the trains being a factor.

Can't be long until they announce it can it?

• Moderation Lead
Just now, LeftWinger said:

Can't understand why Burnley would be a shorter price than Sheffield United or Rovers personally.

League position, I think that’s it.

To be fair though (as much as it pains me to admit it), Burnley are well clear at the top of the league, so surely they’d be a shorter price than the other Championship sides…

11 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

To be fair though (as much as it pains me to admit it), Burnley are well clear at the top of the league, so surely they’d be a shorter price than the other Championship sides…

Shouldn’t who they’ve drawn be a factor in the odds?

• Like 4

We will have 5,988 tickets for the quarter final.

Any thoughts on how many will go on open sale?

I assume it will be season ticket holders, then something like away game ticket buyers, incl those travelling to Leicester, then open sale?

Apols if this has been discussed.

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

But they are playing City away - the absolute toughest fixture you could get. Burnley have probably got less than a 10% chance of getting to the semi finals. I'd suggest Sheffield United have probably a 60/65% chance and Rovers a 35/40% chance.

26 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

I assume it will be season ticket holders, then something like away game ticket buyers, incl those travelling to Leicester, then open sale?

Due to the size of allocation, I imagine it will be fairly standard, I.e:

Phase 1 – Season Ticket Holders with 1875 Club Membership
Phase 2 – Season Ticket Holders 
Phase 3 – 18 Game Package / HST Holders 
Phase 4 – 1875 Club Members 

Phase 5 - Open Sale

As plenty of ST holders won’t bother, it should go to open sale. But I suppose it’ll depend on how many ST holders that aren’t bothering themselves ‘lend’ their ST number to someone else…

Edited by Mattyblue

23 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

That is around 2988 more than I thought we'd get!

Hopefully they don't move it to Monday night at 6.26pm or Sunday morning at 3.30am.........

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gav said:

That is around 2988 more than I thought we'd get!

Hopefully they don't move it to Monday night at 6.26pm or Sunday morning at 3.30am.........

Has that 6k been announced? I thought it was 15% of capacity so 4.8k.

I’d imagine we’ll be Sunday. United play Thursday night so will be Sunday meaning City will have to be Saturday. Which would also keep ourselves and Burnley separate. 

Edit: looks like it’s based on Spurs match who got 15% originally then additional 1.2k or so afterwards. 

Edited by superniko

5 minutes ago, superniko said:

Has that 6k been announced? I thought it was 15% of capacity so 4.8k.

I’d imagine we’ll be Sunday. United play Thursday night so will be Sunday meaning City will have to be Saturday. Which would also keep ourselves and Burnley separate. 

It's 15% yes, but if it works out at 4.8k, but the away end is 5.8k, they're not going to stick 1000 of their own fans in the corner and will more than likely give us the rest of it.