BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

If we played Sunday it would also be better for Grimsby travelling to Brighton on the Saturday.

Makes little difference if you ask me- they will take 4000 by road - too far on the train and not cost effective. Matters not about when our game is it’s less than 80 miles and just over an hours drive whereas poor Grimsby fans face a torrid journey there and back

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Makes little difference if you ask me- they will take 4000 by road - too far on the train and not cost effective. Matters not about when our game is it’s less than 80 miles and just over an hours drive whereas poor Grimsby fans face a torrid journey there and back

That is why it is better for the Grimsby fans to travel on the Saturday.

Edited by rigger

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Wonder how many we would take to Wembley if we got through with the cost of living crisis etc?

Difficult one. Semi-finals shouldn’t be there as we all know and there’s that back of your mind hope of getting to the actual final if a kind draw and the play off final too. But on the flip side first ever trip to the new Wembley.

I’d wager c25k.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Tickets would no doubt start at £40-50 a pop...not family friendly that's for sure but maybe the sense of occasion would overcome that.

Wembley have a sensible pre agreed scale of ticket prices covering all games including England starting at £25

image.png.1d554ab52925a904401d9fca79ff5173.png

image.png.c78cb60c126b4269f0dfd4c999874256.png

That was the semi-final last year with an allocation of 35k (30k for the final and more expensive £45, £70, £115, £145 for the 4 categories)

Not bad having 44% of tickets (~16k) at £45 or less

Edited by superniko

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m absolutely baffled by people not thinking this is a good draw for us! It’s the 4th best outcome we could’ve hoped for…

1. Grimsby H

2. Grimsby A

3. Sheff U H

I don’t see the clamour for a “glamour” tie at this stage. We played at Old Trafford and the Etihad regularly in the fairly distant past. We’ve never been to the new Wembley, this gives us a real opportunity.

Absolutely. Plus are we even sufficiently tin pot to be wowed by a trip to Manchester yet. Maybe but not for me. As you said the 4th best scenario for an opportunity to play at Wembley. I’m at any game to hopefully watch rovers win (as unlikely as it may be sometimes) so in a cup progression context at the business end it’s as shit as possible at home please.

Perhaps there’s rovers fans out there who would be going in humming glory glory man United or citeh citeh best team in the land and all the world but I’d rather have the best chance possible to see us at the new Wembley. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Difficult one. Semi-finals shouldn’t be there as we all know and there’s that back of your mind hope of getting to the actual final if a kind draw and the play off final too. But on the flip side first ever trip to the new Wembley.

I’d wager c25k.

Interesting one and there is the new Wembley angle but on the other side of the coin less than that at OT under Hughes and only about 15k in Cardiff a year or two before due to stupid ko off time.

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Interesting one and there is the new Wembley angle but on the other side of the coin less than that at OT under Hughes and only about 15k in Cardiff a year or two before due to stupid ko off time.

I suppose Cardiff was only a couple of years after being there for an actual final so no novelty factor either.

But as we said on the other thread, never know with Rovers fans…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Alan Armstrong getting hammered on the Southampton fans forum after last nights no show against Grimsby -

“ Worst number 9 we’ve ever had in our time in the Premier League “ or words to that effect.

You should have stayed with a good team son.

Who is this Alan Armstrong you speak of?😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBar said:

Who is this Alan Armstrong you speak of?😉

Alun Armstrong is a well-known 76-year old Geordie actor - perhaps him?

Might explain why Saints struggled

We diddled Southampton out of £15 for Adam - he was never worth that

I'd have him back though for £2m

7 hours ago, BigUts said:

I'm sure if your wife / girlfriend / partner was half a decent person they'd understand their own husband / boyfriend / partner in going to arguably our biggest game in the past five or more years.

You can treat your significant other any day of the year.

Hence why I wrote 'sense of right and wrong'

Whoosh !

• Like 1

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, bazza said:

Grimsby's manager is Paul Hurst. Wasn't he in charge of Shrewsbury Town who were with us and Wigan in the top 3 of League 1? He went to Ipswich and failed there. 

Yeah. seems that the Ipswich job really set him back. He bought a lot of League 1 players and Ipswich duly found themselves in League 1. Until McKenna took over the Ipswich job became a bit of a poisoned chalice. Hurst is now managing in League 2, Paul Cook is now managing in the National League and Lambert is still unemployed. 

• Like 2

Mothers day is hell on earth anyway if you go anywhere on the actual day. People who only speak to their mums once a year claiming to be son/daughter of the year for their Instagram stories 🙄 

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Alun Armstrong is a well-known 76-year old Geordie actor - perhaps him?

Might explain why Saints struggled

We diddled Southampton out of £15 for Adam - he was never worth that

I'd have him back though for £2m

Hence why I wrote 'sense of right and wrong'

Whoosh !

I think we should put in a cheeky bid for him at the end of the season. He'll want to revive his career and Southampton will surely want to get rid.

I think JDT could get the best out of him as in "playing for the team".

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I think we should put in a cheeky bid for him at the end of the season. He'll want to revive his career and Southampton will surely want to get rid.

I think JDT could get the best out of him as in "playing for the team".

Couldn't get near his wages I imagine.