BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

As big as they are they were skint, in big financial trouble is how I’ve read it. He’s gone in, brought through young players and turned them around by all accounts.

One thing that intrigues me with the ones negative about Kompany, having looked at the level JDT has managed at what makes anyone think he’s better equipped to navigate the league than Kompany?

Nothing on a striker since that one deal fell through - but links persist to a possible loan of Delap. I think Cornet would need to be managed carefully re number of games/minutes if he stays - but again I doubt this very much. I can’t comment on Twine sorry beyond Kompany’s public statement basically suggesting the training was a bit more than he is used to.

I doubt that - for a while you were contenders for automatic promotion. Appreciate you faded but you must still have some very god players.

Half of them have left. Last season we had a pretty good team and a crap manager. This season …… who knows ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They have far too much quality to be anywhere near the bottom. The hope would be that they don't fulfil their potential under Kompany and their season fizzles away.

I think a real weakness is that both keepers will chuck some in for the opposition I would suspect.

We seen plenty of PL teams relegated then struggle in the championship and finish mid table or lower. 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We seen plenty of PL teams relegated then struggle in the championship and finish mid table or lower. 

We shouldn’t be carrying the standard attitudinal baggage. Our squad will be 70% plus new players, new managerial team etc. We may well struggle but not because we are big time ex premier league Charlie’s.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fine if that your opinion but I don't. I think they will finish around 15th after sacking Kompany and appointing Mike Jackson as caretaker again

I’m intrigued. Our manager is at least as equipped as yours for the league. We’ve got a decent mix of experience and youth. Why would we be so close to the bottom - or is your own prediction for Rovers to be down that end soon.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fine if that your opinion but I don't. I think they will finish around 15th after sacking Kompany and appointing Mike Jackson as caretaker again

Hopefully they will crash and burn but as has been said, most relegated sides are towards the top of the division pushed by parachute payments, so pointing out the exceptions seems a little illogical.

They like us have taken a calculated gamble on a manager recently managing abroad, and their recruitment on paper seems clever especially Twine and Cullen and has given their squad a freshness to go with the experience of Taylor, Lowton, Cork, Westwood, Rodriguez, Barnes and Brownhill, I feel we are lacking in terms of experience. I don't think they need to keep all of their remaining assets but if they can keep at least one of McNeil and Cornet and add a couple more they unfortunately look strong. Their big weakness could be 2 error prone keepers.

It is a bog standard league with no stand out teams, them and Watford seem similar cases, young managers, uncertainty over a couple of players and their futures, some signings from abroad but plenty of quality for the level. Norwich I think have a bit less quality but are more settled with a more experienced manager. The top 6 will be mainly made up from most of them, West Brom, Sheff Utd and Boro who all themselves have weaknesses, and I am sure 1 or 2 teams will surprise that pack.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Give me evens on Burnley finishing in the bottom half of the table Chaddy? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Taylor, Roberts, Brownhill, Cork, McNeill, Westwood? Not sure who I would swap them for from Championship squads.

Roberts I'll give you, the rest are players that took you down because they're bang average. I don't see ANYTHING in McNeill and can't for the life of me think why anyone would buy him!

53 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

We shouldn’t be carrying the standard attitudinal baggage. Our squad will be 70% plus new players, new managerial team etc. We may well struggle but not because we are big time ex premier league Charlie’s.

I’m intrigued. Our manager is at least as equipped as yours for the league. We’ve got a decent mix of experience and youth. Why would we be so close to the bottom - or is your own prediction for Rovers to be down that end soon.

I think you will struggle and finish lower mid table with Kompany sack and Mike Jackson to the recuse. 

Its just what I think and based my opinion and experience of football

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully they will crash and burn but as has been said, most relegated sides are towards the top of the division pushed by parachute payments, so pointing out the exceptions seems a little illogical.

They like us have taken a calculated gamble on a manager recently managing abroad, and their recruitment on paper seems clever especially Twine and Cullen and has given their squad a freshness to go with the experience of Taylor, Lowton, Cork, Westwood, Rodriguez, Barnes and Brownhill, I feel we are lacking in terms of experience. I don't think they need to keep all of their remaining assets but if they can keep at least one of McNeil and Cornet and add a couple more they unfortunately look strong. Their big weakness could be 2 error prone keepers.

It is a bog standard league with no stand out teams, them and Watford seem similar cases, young managers, uncertainty over a couple of players and their futures, some signings from abroad but plenty of quality for the level. Norwich I think have a bit less quality but are more settled with a more experienced manager. The top 6 will be mainly made up from most of them, West Brom, Sheff Utd and Boro who all themselves have weaknesses, and I am sure 1 or 2 teams will surprise that pack.

Its my opinion based on my opinion and knowledge of championship football. I am fully aware of their squad and every squad from every team in this league. I am also aware of every signing made this summer in the championship. I still expect Burnley will lose 3 or 4 more players and they will need replacing. With such a turnover of players and staff I think they will struggle this season. 

You always talk this league down but I think its a very good standard of quality football. 

I have no idea why people think Boro will be there based on the currently when they need 2 or 3 quality strikers in before they can be be consider in the promotion hunt. Judging by Chris Wilder he knows this aswell. I think its wide open but I will be discussing more in the championship thread my opinions who I think we will win the league, finish top 6 and get relegate this coming season.  

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Give me evens on Burnley finishing in the bottom half of the table Chaddy? 

I'm sure Sky Bet can give you good odds on that maybe. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you will struggle and finish lower mid table with Kompany sack and Mike Jackson to the recuse. 

Its my opinion based on my opinion and knowledge of championship football. I am fully aware of their squad and every squad from every team in this league. I am also aware of every signing made this summer in the championship. I still expect Burnley will lose 3 or 4 more players and they will need replacing. With such a turnover of players and staff I think they will struggle this season. 

You always talk this league down but I think its a very good standard of quality football. 

I have no idea why people think Boro will be there based on the currently when they need 2 or 3 quality strikers in before they can be be consider in the promotion hunt. Judging by Chris Wilder he knows this aswell. I think its wide open but I will be discussing more in the championship thread my opinions who I think we will win the league, finish top 6 and get relegate this coming season.  

I'm sure Sky Bet can give you good odds on that maybe. 

Based on last season, Jackson isnt the man to rescue anyone!

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So what is it about your team that makes you better equipped?

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on last season, Jackson isnt the man to rescue anyone!

He did a very decent job and is no reason why they went down

23 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

So what is it about your team that makes you better equipped?

Just my opinion. We haven't needed to make massive playing staff changes like yourself. We only just miss out on top 6. Yes we lost a few players but if we can 4 or 5 quality signings plus BBD sign a new contract then I think we will make top 6

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He did a very decent job and is no reason why they went down

Just my opinion. We haven't needed to make massive playing staff changes like yourself. We only just miss out on top 6. Yes we lost a few players but if we can 4 or 5 quality signings plus BBD sign a new contract then I think we will make top 6

You mentioned rescueing, he didnt rescue Burnley, they went from 18th to 18th. Similar to the remarkable job Lampard did taking Everton from 16th to 16th.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

So you have a manager with zero experience in the league, have lost players, will lose your main striker and have no top level experience but will be top 6 but we will be 15th even though we have already made signings, currently have a lot of top level experience. You may well be right but I think your view is based on little more than what you hope will happen - knowing it’s a no lose scenario. Guess right you can claim brilliant insight, wrong and it’s passed off with a shrug.

I have not a clue where we - or you - will be. In fact beyond expecting Norwich and Watford to be there or there abouts I have no idea who will do well and who not so well.

If you gave me a million quid(please), and I had to put it on anyone to go up, it would 100% go on West Brom. 

Felt Bruce was getting them playing towards the end of the season and the signing of Wallace is massive. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

One thing that intrigues me with the ones negative about Kompany, having looked at the level JDT has managed at what makes anyone think he’s better equipped to navigate the league than Kompany?

Fine lines but he won his league, twice. Managed in Champions League. I'd say he has more experience than Kompany as manager, but who knows how that will translate to the Championship.

Kompany clearly has more money to spend and in this league it's usually those with money that get out of it, so he's got that.

• Like 2

In the past few seasons success has been finishing above Preston.

This season it will be by finishing above Preston and Burnley.

IF we finish above Burnley then we will finish top half for sure.

I think both us and Burnley will struggle to make an impact on the top 6, but really to early to judge before all transfers are done.

IF Luton finish top 6 then thuggery and hoofball will be a model to follow.

• Like 1