BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol, we raised 70 million in sales and lost top players on frees (as well as some dross). We spent 23 million on  players - hell we spent more paying back the loans. Many on here - and beyond - were joyfully predicting financial ruin and back to back relegations. It hasn’t happened because whatever else they got wrong they appointed the right manager who could identify and attract the right talent. 

Very true about Kompany , especially in this season , which is very mediocre at best...

Unfortunately our owners kept Kean 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If you go off Transfermarkt you've spent £21.67m + 5 undisclosed loan fees. Obviously along with subsequent wages.

That's massive money in this division any way you slice it.

Also you're on a Blackburn Rovers message board, of course we're going to hate you. 

But we lost 16 players one way or the other so we’re always going to need to spend - but we financed it by trading not PL money. Biggest money signing for us was Twine @ around 4 million, hardly huge in todays game.

6 hours ago, booth said:

We can still predict financial ruin can't we? Or is all well with Pace and co now you've had a decent start to the season?

No you can still predict it. For me the jury is out on Pace. I think he got lucky this season with the sales and also appointing Kompany. I’m still unsure and the leveraged buyout is still a major concern. It just isn’t happening this season.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Very true about Kompany , especially in this season , which is very mediocre at best...

Unfortunately our owners kept Kean 🤔

The way this league has gone is allowing us to play into form and gel however it also makes it hard to asses how good the team and players are. I think the ‘half’ post World Cup will be where teams either flourish or wither.

9 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Hanley gifted them the win.

Another time I've watched them and been far from impressed.

Nothing to fear, bring them on.

It'll be intriguing.

Watching them last night I was thinking that they play exactly how Rovers would want them to play, there's joy to be had on the break. 

Stating the obvious, you'd think first goal will be crucial. 

burnley are the best side in this league with the best squad, I despise the bastards but you can't get away from that. Spending £22m on players this season alone means promotion should be guaranteed, they should win Championship at a canter. 

We lost 5/6 players from last season, but never had significant funds to replace them, don't fall for the bullshit above about trading.....Premiership money talks in this league and they've got pots of it. 

Minis vrs Ferraris

• Like 4

One thing Hanley can always be relied upon for is recklessness.

Burnley undoubtedly have some skilful, tricky players particularly out wide but in truth how many good chances did they create? At one point they'd had nine shots and only one of them on target. I honestly can't recall any real opportunities in the penalty area. In fact you could argue that Norwich had the better of clear chances.

• Like 2

Got substantial money for a load of their best players and re-invested it in good players for this level. Textbook trading of assets. A must when you need to get out before the parachute payments run out.

Compare and contrast to our bin fire of 2012 and 2013. 

• Like 5

Here at BRFCS Towers we're hearing reports that fans have missed out on tickets for this game because the website crashed during checkout, similar problems have been reported for Hull tickets but there was no rush on them.

Anyone miss out because the site crashed on them?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

Here at BRFCS Towers we're hearing reports that fans have missed out on tickets for this game because the website crashed during checkout, similar problems have been reported for Hull tickets but there was no rush on them.

Anyone miss out because the site crashed on them?

Yep it's goosed, exactly as expected though.

They've got the whole process wrong from the start just so Waggott pockets an extra wedge of cash, utter disgrace.

52 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Got substantial money for a load of their best players and re-invested it in good players for this level. Textbook trading of assets. A must when you need to get out before the parachute payments run out.

Compare and contrast to our bin fire of 2012 and 2013. 

Did you miss £120m+ they received from Premier League last season? or £120m+ they received the season before?

That useless swine Weghorst couldn't have taken all that to Turkey with him surely.....

1 hour ago, Gav said:

burnley are the best side in this league with the best squad, I despise the bastards but you can't get away from that. Spending £22m on players this season alone means promotion should be guaranteed, they should win Championship at a canter. 

We lost 5/6 players from last season, but never had significant funds to replace them, don't fall for the bullshit above about trading.....Premiership money talks in this league and they've got pots of it. 

Minis vrs Ferraris

Not sure I'd go that far. If this was last season with Fulham and Bournemouth off to rapid starts they'd be looking some way off. Its partly because the other clubs who have big budgets in this league - Watford, Norwich, Sheffield United, West Brom are all failing that they are seen as the most likely show in town.

Fact of the matter is that despite all that money and supposed talent they've won less than Rovers, have 2 points more after over a third of the season gone and that's despite no shows for Rovers in 4-5 games.

They might go up - so they should with that outlay- but either way it's a ticking time bomb. They won't survive in the PL playing this way and won't be able to rely on loans like they have this season.

More to the point when JDT gets his November with the players we should improve.

"Built not bought" was the motto wasn't it?

1 hour ago, sabino said:

@longsiders1882 Just for interest, what charges do you have for children under 12 at your home games?

Thats a good question and I have no idea sorry. They have an under 12 season ticket for £65.00 but I don't know what they do about kids tickets per match - and all I can see on our website is an under 18's ticket @£18

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not sure I'd go that far. If this was last season with Fulham and Bournemouth off to rapid starts they'd be looking some way off. Its partly because the other clubs who have big budgets in this league - Watford, Norwich, Sheffield United, West Brom are all failing that they are seen as the most likely show in town.

Fact of the matter is that despite all that money and supposed talent they've won less than Rovers, have 2 points more after over a third of the season gone and that's despite no shows for Rovers in 4-5 games.

They might go up - so they should with that outlay- but either way it's a ticking time bomb. They won't survive in the PL playing this way and won't be able to rely on loans like they have this season.

More to the point when JDT gets his November with the players we should improve.

"Built not bought" was the motto wasn't it?

Yep, built not bought. All done with money generated by the club not wealthy benefactors - and it isn't just your manager who gets November with his squad.

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yep, built not bought. All done with money generated by the club not wealthy benefactors - and it isn't just your manager who gets November with his squad.

We must have a different view on 'building'. I'd say assembling an entire squad in one transfer window, many of whom are loans, on money few other clubs at this level could afford or be allowed to spend, is the opposite of 'building'. 

You mention wealthy benefactors yet don't mention tens of millions of borrowing from 3rd parties to prop the club up?

It's working so can't fault it so far but in reality Burnley have done this summer what any other parachute laden club has done over the years - used the Sky money to 'have a go' at bouncing straight back. If they succeed it resets things. If they fail then drastic cuts will be inevitable. Same applies to WBA, Watford, Norwich. Burnley no different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

One thing Hanley can always be relied upon for is recklessness.

Burnley undoubtedly have some skilful, tricky players particularly out wide but in truth how many good chances did they create? At one point they'd had nine shots and only one of them on target. I honestly can't recall any real opportunities in the penalty area. In fact you could argue that Norwich had the better of clear chances.

Hanley always had crucial mistake in him. He’s no smarter now than he was when he was with Rovers.

Probably a daft question, but what are people's plans for the day? I'm guessing nowhere in Burnley would welcome Rovers fans @longsiders1882? Was hoping maybe the Cricket Club would to avoid fans arriving en-masse with nowhere to go (bar the ground but depends on timing). I'll probably have a drink or 2 more locally to Blackburn and get a taxi to the ground (hopefully they have the gazebo area they had back in 2016) but dreading a scenario where I'm talking aimlessly around - particularly post-game.

With a lack of trains there isn't really a centralised place for Rovers fans to arrive where the police can 'contain' them, so quite interested how it will all be organised. Just fancy a normal day with a few beers, cracking atmosphere and no scrotes trying to kick off or attack people for the crime of attending a football match. 

• Like 1

watched the Burnley vs Norwich game and to be honest it was boring. Burnley plenty of possession but no cutting edge and only scored down to handball by Hanley. Norwich had a better chances to score at the start of the second half but failed to take them. Overall Norwich performance was poor from them. 

We have nothing to fear when we played them. We need to be defensive solid against them and we have the attacking players to win the game. 

2 hours ago, Gav said:

Minis vrs Ferraris

Do Burnley really have the best squad cos I would say they haven't. striker wise they are poor to be quite honest. Last night they were toothless. 

On Rovers losing 5/6 players from last season and us not having Significant funds to replace but we have actually signed players better than we had last season like Hyam and Brittain plus Morton and Adam Wharton have replaced Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell. Have we really missed those 3 really? not at al. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Into Phase 3 now. Season ticket holders. Relatively painless.

edit - although they've gone instantly.

They gone by 9.01am. I tried 9am on the dot but gone within a flash which says they weren't many available. I have some messages last night from people I haven't spoken to in months asking if they could use my ST for Burnley tickets if I weren't going. 

It’s hard one to call. Will it be the Dingle experience or the Rovers youth that prevails  ? I can honestly paint a picture were we win. Kaminsky and the centre halves play like Trojans under plenty of pressure allowing BBD to race away to bang in the winner. We definitely do better when the opposition have more of the ball.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s hard one to call. Will it be the Dingle experience or the Rovers youth that prevails  ? I can honestly paint a picture were we win. Kaminsky and the centre halves play like Trojans under plenty of pressure allowing BBD to race away to bang in the winner. We definitely do better when the opposition have more of the ball.

Has they got more experience than we got really? 

when we Kaminski, Hyam, Scott Wharton, Ayala, Brittain, Hedges, Szmodics, Travis, BBD and Gallagher. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has they got more experience than we got really? 

when we Kaminski, Hyam, Scott Wharton, Ayala, Brittain, Hedges, Szmodics, Travis, BBD and Gallagher. 

Would you really count Scott Wharton and Szmodics as 'experienced'? Not sure on the age/experience of their team, but Rovers are a very young and inexperienced team.