BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Do you need a hearing aid or is it a time warp issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Ahh the famous ‘tickets in the home end brigade’

If I recall correctly around 10,000 Rovers were in homes seats at the turf last few meetings and a similar amount in the home ends at Ewood. Has the allocation even been confirmed yet?

Yep - and in our case the rule says if you are late submitting accounts you can’t register new players - I suppose we could appeal, appeal the appeal and then go to arbitration …

Allocation is 2,200 including corporate tickets. Burnley upstairs in the Darwen End. Police told Rovers they're happy with the full Darwen End allocation and can resource it if needed, Rovers don't want to risk a pitch invasion (thus upstairs) and don't want to give away a competitive advantage. Also reciprocating the reduced ticket allocation in the reverse fixture. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

Allocation is 2,200 including corporate tickets. Burnley upstairs in the Darwen End. Police told Rovers they're happy with the full Darwen End allocation and can resource it if needed, Rovers don't want to risk a pitch invasion (thus upstairs) and don't want to give away a competitive advantage. Also reciprocating the reduced ticket allocation in the reverse fixture. 

Seems fair enough to me. I hope we can reciprocate with the result too.

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We really need to get over this embargo news. I know a lot of the comments are tongue in cheek, but there’s plenty of our fans genuinely calling Burnley cheats, the EFL corrupt, and demanding point deductions and relegations.

It’s a late submission of accounts which automatically leads to a block in registering new players. It’s an administrative hold up. We only need to cast our minds back 2 years to when we were in the exact same boat (along with Birmingham, Cardiff, Coventry,  Huddersfield, Luton, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke).

The hysteria from Rovers fans comes across as really bitter. We are better than that.

We're seeing a lot of interest in Companies House Filings over the last 24 hours, whilst there, some might want to check the Filings of " Venky's London Ltd ", and the £28,990,000 of new shares allocated in the last 25 months or so ...

Here's a thought, if t'Rovers get to Wembley for the Cup Semi-Final, do you think the Venkys will put in an appearance ? The weekend of 22nd April is very late for snow in North London, so they should be safe .... 

2 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

We're seeing a lot of interest in Companies House Filings over the last 24 hours, whilst there, some might want to check the Filings of " Venky's London Ltd ", and the £28,990,000 of new shares allocated in the last 25 months or so ...

Here's a thought, if t'Rovers get to Wembley for the Cup Semi-Final, do you think the Venkys will put in an appearance ? The weekend of 22nd April is very late for snow in North London, so they should be safe .... 

Yes, they’ll attend the semi-final / playoff should we get there. They’ve attended a couple of times in the past 12 months, behind the glass, as has some of their family (Balaji’s son mostly) and they have Suhail (their business controller) based in Lancashire attending every game. They also came when Prince Charles (?) visited. 

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

If there's any justice in the world the legal fees incurred will be deducted from Swag's pay. 

That's harsh mate - how is anybody expected to survive on £200k per year

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J*B said:

Allocation is 2,200 including corporate tickets. Burnley upstairs in the Darwen End. Police told Rovers they're happy with the full Darwen End allocation and can resource it if needed,

Cheers - I'd seen people talking about this number but hadn't seen anything official

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

They also came when Prince Charles (?) visited. 

Do you mean the Burnley fan and now King Charles?

46 minutes ago, J*B said:

Is this confirmed? It's good to see the club stand firm on this and not give them the advantage of a 7,000 strong Darwen End. I expected something closer to 5k though with the first 5 rows taped off. 

Seen lots of 'Burnley fans in home ends' posts. As Longsiders said above, it's a tale as old as time. I personally couldn't think of anything worse than being sat mute besides rival supporters when you could watch it in the pub surrounded by like minded folk. 

Ironically, the Burnley fans talking about the chaos of Burnley fans descending en masse to Blackburn and the resultant trouble are undermining their own case for a big allocation - I vaguely see their point regarding smaller allocation = more chance of fans in the home end, but thinly veiled threats about trouble in Blackburn town centre justifies a smaller allocation. I'd personally have said 3,000 or so would have been fair, same proportion as we got there. 

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Load of Dingles wandering round Blackburn town centre looking in vain for an actual boozer would be a sight to see 😁

I was thinking the same myself - it's hard enough to find somewhere half decent as a Rovers fan! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Good lord we've touched a nerve, haven't we.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Making sarcastic comments about others viewing your lots companies house filings, furthered with a point you could only come up with after viewing the Rovers’ account filings shows me that your obsession with us is now that engrained you don’t find it unusual 

Do you look at our accounts every year sweetheart? There must be nothing you don’t know about the Rovers 

Obsessed

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Making sarcastic comments about others viewing your lots companies house filings, furthered with a point you could only come up with after viewing the Rovers’ account filings shows me that your obsession with us is now that engrained you don’t find it unusual 

Do you look at our accounts every year sweetheart? There must be nothing you don’t know about the Rovers 

Obsessed

When discussing a subject, it does generally help if you're well informed ... I'm lucky enough to find a lot of things interesting, including football finances ....  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

When discussing a subject, it does generally help if you're well informed ... I'm lucky enough to find a lot of things interesting, including football finances ....  

Well it's good to have hobbies to fill your free time (which you certainly have a lot of to be spending it on here, talking about a rival clubs statutory filings...)

• Like 2

Surely a 3k allocation is about fair. We got roughly 10% of their capacity, so 10% of ours being 3k. 

Problem with sticking them in the upper tier, won't that mean that we'd have to leave the entire lower tier empty? Surely it's been to have them top and bottom in one third of the Darwen end?