BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

Best bit was all the bollocks before from the owner and the investors. Talking about how much of a feel good factor there is around the club and what a special community Burnley is. That all went to shit before kick off when they booed taking the knee and was only made worse over the course of the match. The lighter thrown from pretty much the second row on live TV 😂

As for their performance I think they did alright for the most part in the first half. But are serverly lacking up front. I think that Lyle foster might be more useless than Gallagher. Some of their new signings looked very inexperienced. If you look at player for player who they've brought in to replace the loan signings. For example o'shea for harwood-bellis and the lad playing at left back for maatsen. They looked like downgrades but most would against city. 

I think with how good of a season they had last season it will always take time before the feel good factor disappears. But all the talk pre season about top ten finishes at a minimum and the fact they think they're above a relegation battle is hilarious. The Luton game would've been a realistic chance at three points and it being postponed could be really bad timing for them.

They've got as tough a start this season's as anybody. Hopefully a few more results like last night and the players start to doubt themselves and the fans turn on the tippy tappy football. 

Great start to the weekend we just need to follow it up by winning today.

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Cigarette lighter thrown at Lewis the City  player. Hit him on the head. One fan got on the pitch also but was soon subdued. 

Its like 1970's all over again, dinosaurs. 

I noticed Lancashire have also launched an inquiry into some dingles (Look 40+) abusing women/kids on a tram in Manchester.

Board the place up, that is the answer. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol / just got home drunk. Thought I’d read some informed views on the game from our fierce rivals. Sadly all I see is green.

Long old season ahead, let’s see how we go. Foster looks more like what we hoped, Amdouni and Kula Shaker look like they have something about them. Our season won’t be decided by games against one of the best teams in history or Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc. It’s fair to say the odds suggest we will be relegated but there is still a long way to go. I didn’t love tonight but expected it. I’ll come back 10 games in and see where we are. Have a cracking weekend everyone.

The odds actually suggest you won’t be relegated, (so not fair, no - it would be an underachievement). But whatever you say. 

• Like 1

He’s back with the ‘little owd Burnley’ , ‘how can we possibly compete with the likes of Luton, Bournemouth, Sheff United et al’ routine already, despite looking like being close to spending £100million by the close of the window…

just nine months of it to go 🙄

• Like 8

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lol / just got home drunk. Thought I’d read some informed views on the game from our fierce rivals. Sadly all I see is green.

Long old season ahead, let’s see how we go. Foster looks more like what we hoped, Amdouni and Kula Shaker look like they have something about them. Our season won’t be decided by games against one of the best teams in history or Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool etc. It’s fair to say the odds suggest we will be relegated but there is still a long way to go. I didn’t love tonight but expected it. I’ll come back 10 games in and see where we are. Have a cracking weekend everyone.

What's actually 'lol', is that having been out for a few beers after watching your side entertain the best side in England, the first thing you do post match is jump on a fan message board of your most bitter rivals to see what they they think of you.

Your inferiority complex is never far away.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

What's actually 'lol', is that having been out for a few beers after watching your side entertain the best side in England, the first thing you do post match is jump on a fan message board of your most bitter rivals to see what they they think of you.

Your inferiority complex is never far away.

Agreed, it's plain weird.

I imagine more Rovers fan than usual watched their game last night as it was a Friday night PL season opener, live on TV, when no other games were.

I can absolutely guarantee that win/lose/draw today, my first thought this evening won't be to rush onto a dingle forum to do a 'lol' post.

• Like 4

Not that I would ever want to spend my time arguing with Dingles, it’s bad enough on here with your own fans.

But the difference being he gets gentle ribbing on here, whereas on UTC, you would be hounded off in minutes in an hail of expletives after being told of Jack Walker being dead and hoping the club follows him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In all seriousness, as embarrassing as their fans are as a whole, I felt like I saw enough about them to stay up over the course of the season.

Hope I’m wrong!

I disagree, their style is all wrong for the overall quality of the squad. They’ll win some games playing nice stuff but they’ll get ruthlessly picked off in many more.

• Like 3

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not that I would ever want to spend my time arguing with Dingles, it’s bad enough on here with your own fans.

But the difference being he gets gentle ribbing on here, whereas on UTC, you would be hounded off in minutes in an hail of expletives after being told of Jack Walker being dead and hoping the club follows him.

I’ve always asked them how many trophies they have won without a benefactor. Answer - 6

That’s how many FA Cups we have. None of which were won with Jack Walker.

We’ve also won two first division titles and a league cup without Jack Walker.

• Like 2

I think the bastards will do ok against the lesser sides this season. City were always going to wipe the floor with them, but in small patches last night, they looked like they could play a bit. Koleosho and Amdouni looked alright, I thought. I think they have more about them than Luton and Sheff United, sadly, but let's see what those two actually serve up this weekend.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think the bastards will do ok against the lesser sides this season. City were always going to wipe the floor with them, but in small patches last night, they looked like they could play a bit. Koleosho and Amdouni looked alright, I thought. I think they have more about them than Luton and Sheff United, sadly, but let's see what those two actually serve up this weekend.

I think any decent PL team will let Burnley play their football and then pick them off when the errors inevitably arrive.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

On 11/08/2023 at 19:48, superniko said:

Absolute Yank love in too. Just getting on random ‘Merican celebrities / retired sports star ‘investors’. The game has truely gone. 

Sky got the memo to keep pushing the message that all this foreign money investment is great anyway. 

It will be big club next…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66393033

‘Setting the bar at world class’ 😁😁

Its all about these Yanks getting in on the TV gravy train money....its blatantly obvious and nauseating.

"Birmingham City is an iconic club with so much history and passion, and to be part of the Blues is a real honour for me," Brady said.

Who scribes this shyte for them to chunner infront of a bemused audience... get to fook!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Its all about these Yanks getting in on the TV gravy train money....its blatantly obvious and nauseating.

"Birmingham City is an iconic club with so much history and passion, and to be part of the Blues is a real honour for me," Brady said.

Get to fook!!

What history?