BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

14 hours ago, rigger said:

At the moment Bradley Dack is not a first team player. He has also scored in his teams last two games, but that has got nothing to do with BBD present goalscoring form, so lets leave it at that.

The stats for BBD in games he has played for Rovers recently don't make good reading and are a problem.

I was more picking up on the fact that you were including games which he couldn't possibly have played in to make those stats worse. Games when he wasn't available as a first team play, just as Bradley Dack wasn't. 

14 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Everybody qouting Kevin Davies saying he would play Diaz and Gallagher as a front two - need to add the bit where he said just his opinion and that false 9 position had been part of the winning run we went on.

That winning run didn't include Gallagher though. The problem with Gallagher is when he plays as this 'wide striker' role, he is simply ineffective picking the ball up outside the box or out wide. The winning run predominantly had Khedra in the side who, for his faults, can pick the ball up anywhere in the opposition 3rd and drive forward and look dangerous. If we are to persist with the formation which has gotten us this far, I think it has to be BBD and Khedra / Dolan in that role. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

The key to everything is scoring first and the earlier the better,

For the best chance of this you need the best goal threats and creators on the pitch. GIles looks a good player, a lot of attacking is now coming through him but to date hes created nothing.  We need to go back to what was working and also have that impact stuff available from the bench.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

For the best chance of this you need the best goal threats and creators on the pitch. GIles looks a good player, a lot of attacking is now coming through him but to date hes created nothing.  We need to go back to what was working and also have that impact stuff available from the bench.

Giles does lok good, but is he what we needed? I watched his assists for Cardiff and he had some big strong boys getting on the end of his crosses. Gallagher waits for the ball rather than contesting with defenders. I would go as far as saying he's soft. Wharton has gotten on a few recently,but he's struggling to keep them on target, Lenihan likewise. Ayala is probably our best player aerially offensively and defensively. 

Pickering reminds me of prime Seamus Coleman. Keeps the ball well, is determined and has a good football brain. I hope he's back in on Saturday. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I dis agree with the earlier the better.  Seems to me if we score really early we seem to struggle, like we think its gonna be easy and take our foot iff the gas.  Don't know if this group would be that way.

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

He's out for the season.

Unless you mean Hedges, and he's no striker.

True.... but Hedges does look the very definition of a "wide forward" which is where Tony will play him. 

Based on recent subs the wide forward areas pecking order is roughly : Brereton, Gallagher, Khadra, Dolan, Hedges. Dolan might leapfrog Khadra and even Gallagher based on some decent subs appearances. Does seem a tall ask for Hedges to get his way up that list unless we have injuries/suspensions. 

That said we've got three games in 8 days so I'm sure Hedges will get a few minutes as a sub somewhere. Just needs to do something with it.

Edited by joey_big_nose