BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team needs a Travis but he’s need somebody near to him that he can pass the ball to that will do the business. I’d have Buckley playing next to him and Dolan up front in Buckley’s place

Would be harsh on Rothwell though. He was very good defensively today, and quiet but decent offensively I thought.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every team needs a Travis but he’s need somebody near to him that he can pass the ball to that will do the business. I’d have Buckley playing next to him and Dolan up front in Buckley’s place

He needs a Tugay playing next to him so he can say here have it, i won the ball now do your magic.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Khadras got some excellent raw ingredients - pace, trickery, can strike a ball well. 

I doubt we'd get him, but as a "fixer-upper" like Rothwell or Brereton, I think there's a lot of potential.

All he really needs to do is learn to make the simple pass at the right time.

But I agree his decision making is so poor at the moment we can't rely much on him over the next three months. Goals and assists will be more surprises than expectation.

Players like Khadra don’t really give any thought to passing the ball, if they do pass they just “ lend you the ball”.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looks like Mowbray is going to take us on a run the likes of which has rarely (if ever) been seen before from a side sat 2nd in the table in January. Poor transfer window combined with his own stubbornness

2 points from 12, no goal in 374 mins.

Play offs looking a bit of a pipe dream in this form sadly.

Blackburn Rovers currently 3rd in the Championship, 15 wins, 9 draws and 8 losses, 54 points - 7 points clear in playoff place.

We have a mid table budget, but a top 3 team, we should be proud of the fact shouldn’t we?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Looks like Mowbray is going to take us on a run the likes of which has rarely (if ever) been seen before from a side sat 2nd in the table in January. Poor transfer window combined with his own stubbornness

2 points from 12, no goal in 374 mins.

Khedra and Dolan both did way more in 15 mins than Gallagher in 90. Yet Mowbray wont concede he's been a bad signing and persists in playing him despite all evidence to the contrary. That's why ultimately we'll never succeed with him at the helm.

Decent point in some ways given the fact we were playing with 9 (JRC and Gallagher) but not what we needed given the run we've been on. Pl

Play offs looking a bit of a pipe dream in this form sadly.

Bournemouth literally just had a run of 2 points from 12 in Nov/Dec while second....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

You had Rothwell out tonight tonight, you’ve been sighting squad unrest all week, which is nonsense.  I did not have Rothwell out tonight - I said it would be no surprise to me if he didn't start.  As for "sighting squad unrest all week", show me where?

You said Ayala didn’t fancy it against Carroll?  I said "Don't think he fancied it against Carroll" - could you ever see Roy Keane refusing to take on Viera due to a niggle?  To me, Ayala shouldn't have been in the starting 11 if there was any doubt about his fitness especially given his record.  Whatever happened to the rigorous pre match fitness tests BEFORE the team sheet is handed in.

You compared Travis to Lowe - which is nonsense.  That is a matter of opinion.

You called Hedges a dolloper.  What I've seen of him, I think he's bang average.  We are struggling for goals, Mowbray is bemoaning the fact injuries are taking their toll on our goalscorers yet he signs a forward he appears to have little confidence in him scoring goals for us!

Now i may get banned for baiting but this crap needs calling out.  You might think it's crap, others might not.  Again, it's opinion and it would be boring on MB's if we all thought the same.

You sold Brereton and Kaminsky in January, (Really?  Show me where)   you had Alex Neill in post last April and in the summer (Posted what I picked up from PNE contacts and other posters on here have posted Rovers did have talks with Neill in April), it’s a steady stream of nonsense and as a regular poster I’m sick of reading it. In your opinion, it's nonsense; if you are sick of it then block me.

Its not OPINION when you’re stating it as fact. I think I make it quite clear when I post that it's my opinion! 

You need to choose your words more carefully.

I don't mind anyone having a go at me providing they get their facts right and you Gav, IMO, do not.

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Blackburn Rovers currently 3rd in the Championship, 15 wins, 9 draws and 8 losses, 54 points - 7 points clear in playoff place.

We have a mid table budget, but a top 3 team, we should be proud of the fact shouldn’t we?

Not in my book.

IMO, Venky's, Waggott and Mowbray have dumbed down expectation levels so much that some get excited where we now are.

Jack will be turning in his grave about the demise of his beloved Rovers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

In a nutshell:

• Golden opportunity lost - WBA shite
  • No surprise to me Ayala injured.  Don't think he fancied it against Carroll, winter is here and ready for summer holidays!
  • Nyambe - SIMPLY SUPERB - IMO, the way Mowbray has managed this lad is disgraceful
  • Travis - to me, the lad is useless in possession.  Another Jason Lowe but with aggression!
  • Rankin-Costello - IMO, wont be a footballer whilst he's got a hole in his arse
  • Gallagher - when will the feckin penny drop with Mowbray; play him down the feckin middle
  • Brereton - a disaster if he's out for any length of time
  • Mowbray - problems self inflicted.  To me, can't manage players (Nyambe) and consistently poor in transfer windows.  Patently obvious we needed another striker and not, IMO, a dolloper like Hedges

Not sure you can say Ayala was swinging the lead on this occasion but what you can say with certainty is he has a career history of being injury prone and/or going awol for whatever reason so overall, given the money he's on he has to go down as a bad signing for me.

Dont agree with the bit about Travis.

The rest is absolutely spot on. It needs saying.

I can't believe how blase people are being about us having slipped so tamely and quickly out of the automatic promotion reckoning. It's not on, if form had tailed off very slightly then fair enough but if we were good enough to get into 2nd in the first place then the form over the last few games has been simply unacceptable.

If we were playing like this in any other season the pitchforks would be well and truly out but TM is getting away with it at the moment purely because we played well before Chrismas.

It's not on. We've already had quite enough dung thrown our way over the last 10 years without this to cap it all off.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Depends where we finish at the end of the season Gav.

If we finish in the play off positions it would be a creditable effort albeit disappointing after where we were a month or so ago.

Going to have to improve massively to do even that though.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

The other promotion hopefuls would have beaten WBA at a canter.

Maybe tonight, but I'm not sure they will over the rest of the season and WBA still have to play most of them. Much as I dislike Bruce (as should every Rovers fan after what he said about us when Kean left) he will probably improve them over the next few weeks. Mind you the next two for them aren't going to be pretty, away at Luton and Boro.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't believe how blase people are being about us having slipped so tamely and quickly out of the automatic promotion reckoning. 

Didn’t you have us finishing bottom 6 this season Rev?

We currently sit 3rd in the Championship, 15 wins, 9 draws and 8 losses, 54 points - 7 points clear in playoff place.

Phenomenal really, wouldn’t you agree? 

• Like 1

We never looked like conceding tonight - the back three were awesome. Few people owe Nyambe an apology.

We need to find a way to score though, particularly if Brereton is going to miss any games. The positioning of our forwards is far more of an issue than the service they get, that’s been evident over the last 3 games. Dack could be the answer.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

This post is not relevant on this thread, on this evening. 

Most of us are discussing how we played tonight, how we've been playing since 2nd Jan, and how this impacts our chances of finishing in the top six. 

If you see any green shoots in front of our excellent defence, then share them (but please don't just say Dolan). 

I'm sure it isn't, but your post seems designed to provoke an emotional reaction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Didn’t you have us finishing bottom 6 this season Rev?

We currently sit 3rd in the Championship, 15 wins, 9 draws and 8 losses, 54 points - 7 points clear in playoff place.

Phenomenal really, wouldn’t you agree? 

Of course most of us had us finishing in the lower end of the table at the start of the season, we’re not and that is phenomenal as you say. But the players have raised our expectations now and have given us hope that we could finish in the top six of this league, the last few games have been concerning as we have offered very little going forward.

It would be such a shame if we faded away now and that’s why some fans are frustrated. A win on Saturday would be huge for us and would hopefully get us back on track to achieve a “phenomenal” top six finish. You can’t have a go at some for having concerns, especially with the death spirals we’ve had in the past. February and Rovers are the worst combination since Barrymore and Pool parties. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

This post is not relevant on this thread, on this evening. 

Most of us are discussing how we played tonight, how we've been playing since 2nd Jan, and how this impacts our chances of finishing in the top six. 

If you see any green shoots in front of our excellent defence, then share them (but please don't just say Dolan). 

I'm sure it isn't, but your post seems designed to provoke an emotional reaction.

I keep reading ‘death spiral’ - we are not on one, that’s what provoked the current league standing.

Do you now see the relevance? 

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We never looked like conceding tonight - the back three were awesome. Few people owe Nyambe an apology.

I think any Nyambe critics, like TM, have an agenda. 

They will tell us that Zeefiuk is better, or that JRC has more potential. 

It's not about the lad, or his peerless form, so it's not worth engaging.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure you can say Ayala was swinging the lead on this occasion but what you can say with certainty is he has a career history of being injury prone and/or going awol for whatever reason so overall, given the money he's on he has to go down as a bad signing for me.

Dont agree with the bit about Travis.

The rest is absolutely spot on. It needs saying.

I can't believe how blase people are being about us having slipped so tamely and quickly out of the automatic promotion reckoning. It's not on, if form had tailed off very slightly then fair enough but if we were good enough to get into 2nd in the first place then the form over the last few games has been simply unacceptable.

If we were playing like this in any other season the pitchforks would be well and truly out but TM is getting away with it at the moment purely because we played well before Chrismas.

It's not on. We've already had quite enough dung thrown our way over the last 10 years without this to cap it all off.

You are getting as bad as Gav!

I didn't say he was swinging it.  IF HE WAS, he would never have been on the team sheet in the first place and would have cried off after training yesterday when Mowbray said he felt the injury.

For clarity, of all the Rovers' players, if you asked me who i would think most likely to suffer / aggravate an injury during warm up then it would be Ayala given his history of injury issues (just as it would have been Vince Grella when he was at Rovers).  Do I think he would have fancied a battle with Carroll then no I don't just as many players in history (even if 100% fit) didn't fancy a battle with the likes of Roy Keane, Vinny Jones, John Fashanu or even Alan Shearer.

To me, given Ayala felt his injury in training yesterday, he should have been given a rigorous pre match old fashioned fitness test BEFORE the team sheets were handed in.  This would surely have shown if he wasn't fit to play.  As I posted earlier, Rovers have had many centre backs, who you will have seen, who would have played through niggles / injuries and gone to war with the opposition - those are the type of players we need. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ayala has had months to get fit and into prime condition. This is crazy that he has let us down like this , before such a key game. Nyambe is gonna get destroyed there. We are going to be all over the shop mark my words 

Er, didn't quite pan out that way with Nyambe did it? He was far better than Lenihan would have been with all his reckless challenges and needless yellow cards. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

I keep reading ‘death spiral’ - that’s what provoked the current league standing.

Do you now see the relevance? 

Yes, I agree it's not a death spiral, but I think you'd be better stating what you see as the positives from the last 7 matches, and how you think we will improve our underwhelming final 3rd performances, rather than just stating the bleeding obvious. 

Edited by garnersfags

13 minutes ago, Butty said:

There’s no f*****g way Nyambe should be on the bench for any game for the rest of this season if he’s fit. There are some fans who always leave him out when doing there lineups for games @chaddyrovers being one and Chaddy isn’t the only one, but it baffles me!

He’s the best full back we have at the club, I don’t care if he might leave for nothing in the summer, once again tonight he showed nothing but commitment to this team playing in an unnatural position as well. Yes his final ball isn’t the best but he makes up for that by being solid as rock. Up the Rhino! 

So, RN proves himself as a.wing back, full back and centre half.....yet some reckon that JRC is better...poorest touch I've seen for a while that lad...bit of a mard arse too...should have give that boss eyed nobber some back when he tried it...😒

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, RN proves himself as a.wing back, full back and centre half.....yet some reckon that JRC is better...poorest touch I've seen for a while that lad...bit of a mard arse too...should have give that boss eyed nobber some back when he tried it...😒

JRC looked like he was going to be a player but those injuries seem to have massively effected his progress. I think he needs 90 minutes twice a week with the Under 23s and if he can get fully fit and back playing at a level he once showed he could be at then he can be back involved in a match day squad.

• Like 4