BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

In a nutshell:

• Golden opportunity lost - WBA shite
  • No surprise to me Ayala injured.  Don't think he fancied it against Carroll, winter is here and ready for summer holidays!?
  • Nyambe - SIMPLY SUPERB - IMO, the way Mowbray has managed this lad is disgraceful
  • Travis - to me, the lad is useless in possession.  Another Jason Lowe but with aggression!
  • Rankin-Costello - IMO, wont be a footballer whilst he's got a hole in his arse
  • Gallagher - when will the feckin penny drop with Mowbray; play him down the feckin middle
  • Brereton - a disaster if he's out for any length of time
  • Mowbray - problems self inflicted.  To me, can't manage players (Nyambe) and consistently poor in transfer windows.  Patently obvious we needed another striker and not, IMO, a dolloper like Hedges
Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

Thought we were very good in the second half both offensively and defensively. Though as per the last half dozen games couldn't finish any of our opportunities. The  first half was absolutely abysmal and best forgotten.

Not a terrible point but you do wonder how we are going to make the playoffs if we can't score.

Good platform this now to kick on with a few home wins, defense back on song keeping it tight. That was needed so carry it forwards and get a bit more inventive up top and scrap the non false 9 Buckley for someone who can play there.

By the way where is the JRC fan club ?

Meanwhile the guy he can so easily replace slotted in effortlessly in a center position !

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

In a nutshell:

• Golden opportunity lost - WBA shite
  • No surprise to me Ayala injured.  Don't think he fancied it against Carroll, winter is here and ready for summer holidays!
  • Nyambe - SIMPLY SUPERB - IMO, the way Mowbray has managed this lad is disgraceful
  • Travis - to me, the lad is useless in possession.  Another Jason Lowe but with aggression!
  • Rankin-Costello - IMO, wont be a footballer whilst he's got a hole in his arse
  • Gallagher - when will the feckin penny drop with Mowbray; play him down the feckin middle
  • Brereton - a disaster if he's out for any length of time
  • Mowbray - problems self inflicted.  To me, can't manage players (Nyambe) and consistently poor in transfer windows.  Patently obvious we needed another striker and not, IMO, a dolloper like Hedges

Trolling again…..it needs calling out.

Ayala faking injury, Travis = Jason Lowe, Hedges a dolloper, absolute bullshit.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

A useful point and with a bit of luck could of been 3.

I'm running out of compliments for Wharton and Van Hecke, oustanding again.

Nyambe was also excellent as a stand in centre back.

We were solid enough in midfield and nullified any real threat from them

Final third, Brereton before going off was having one of his better games for a while.

Negatives

Bloody Gallagher will never be a prolific striker for as long as i Have a hole in my a**. 

Awful first tough, cant cross, turns like bus, powder puff in the air, and must be a joy to mark for centre backs. I just dont see what others see, I wanted to put my foot through the TV, everytime he got it.

Khadra needs to pass, I'm not seeing a team player and its frustrating.

Dolan needs a run in the first 11 now.

Its funny, because if we start with Buckley at Right back and Khadra and Dolan flanking Brereton, we probably would of won that tonight.

Lets hope Diaz injury just a knock, because the clubs decision not to sign an out and out striker in january is there for all to see.

Even Murray and Davies cannot understand why we have no focul point and cant see where the goals come from without Diaz.

Need 3 points Saturday, and probably a few goals to get up and running again

• Like 5

I genuinely can't see where the composure or creativity is going to come from.

All we're left with is graft, and courage. 

Khadra and Dolan more or less never lift their head up. This must be the case in training, but it doesn't improve. 

When we get the ball in the final 3rd, I have little confidence that we'll create or score. 

Mowbray has just said he gets them too wound up for them to play calmly. That's exactly what it looks like. 

The only calm head is Buckley, but he can't score. 

Millwall is a must win, if we wanna finish in top six. 

Good point considering we started with JRC and Gallagher, so effectively with 9 players.

Back 3 immense, Buckley at last trying to really strike the ball.

Listening to Mowbray he thought JRC played well and will stick with false 9 with Dack to challenge Buckley for the slot. This means SG plays most games imo.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

A much improved performance and result after both have been poor recently. 
This could have gone either way at the end, big ups to Dolan for his last ditch clearance. Khadra probably had our best chance and if Gallagher had been better at anticipation, he could have had a tap in!

Not the worst result in the world, but we do need to put Millwall away on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

A much improved performance and result after both have been poor recently. 
This could have gone either way at the end, big ups to Dolan for his last ditch clearance. Khadra probably had our best chance and if Gallagher had been better at anticipation, he could have had a tap in!

Not the worst result in the world, but we do need to put Millwall away on Saturday.

Also had he not got in the way first half and touched ball Brereton is on side and we head back with 3 points

Edited by glen9mullan

2 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Whilst he didn’t reference it directly, Mowbray essentially defended his decision not to bring in a striker before the deadline, claiming there are plenty of goals in the squad.

Unfortunately, minus Diaz, the evidence suggests otherwise.

The unfortunate bit is that Mowbray still believes he is right.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Any more baiting from anyone and you’ll be chilling in the sin bin for a couple of days. If you’re unsure of what baiting is, check the new forum rules.

This is your only warning….

• Like 1