BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

2 minutes ago, superniko said:

Gallagher was a waste of space all match again. He should never be starting a match for us unless we are crippled with injuries. I’ve never seen a man that size so weak

Nyambe was superb, it’s a travesty that he’ll be leaving for a free, makes last matches shambles even worse with Mowbray refusing to play him and chose to bring hedges on for him. 

Pickering to come straight back in at LWB, not seen anything from Giles to suggest he’s better.

I really feel for Nyambe. An academy product, great pro. Must be his agent that's pissing Mowbray off, Rhino seems a quietish likable lad.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Good point although i thought WBA were there for the taking.  Mowbray really should have brought some fire power in to help our ONE regular goalscorer.

Relying on Gallagher is like relying on a turkey to volunteer plucking and cooking itself for Christmas.

Yes hes having Dack as the New striker

That was a horrible watch. Think the back 3/5 did well. Nyambe is quality and Wharton was a rock. Either man of the match. JRC with one of the worst performances I've ever seen. It's nothing personal.

Rothwell poor. Game was there for the likes of him to run it. Trav ok at breaking stuff up but sloppy in possession.

Buckley needs to be dropped but won't be. Gallagher was poor even feeding off scraps when he did have a chance in possession he was bad. BBD at nothing, running into trouble and offside multiple times.

Bad night but didn't lose so take that I guess.

A number of failings in the side, including, sub full backs not performing, Gallagher played out of position and Buckley, really, out of position too.

These need addressing and, in addition, I think Jack Vale needs to be turned to as a striker presence. We await Dack's return and Hedges justifying his transfer fee but Vale is in good form for the U23s and an option we seriously need to consider to try and add some goal threat.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I've no idea how Gallagher got a new contract. 

He cost £5m. Mowbray obviously doesn’t want to answer the inevitable question, why are we not securing our prized asset Tony?

This is why he plays out wide, just to justify the contract and fee. Doesn’t trust him to play as a number 9.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Good point although i thought WBA were there for the taking.  Mowbray really should have brought some fire power in to help our ONE regular goalscorer.

Relying on Gallagher is like relying on a turkey to volunteer plucking and cooking itself for Christmas.

Maja for Stoke is doing well. Is that 2 or 3 goals he’s scored so far. TM didn’t want to sign him because he thought he would be too rusty, so he gets nobody. What a genius!!

• Like 4

Thank God that's over, terrible 90 minutes of football. Gallagher, Nyambe and Rankin-Costello looked like they were playing with clogs on, and Buckley needs to play further down the field or not at all. Giles is so one dimensional, limits us to attacking via crosses were not well equipped to score form in the first place. Pickering is sorely missed. Wharton and van Hecke battled well, although Carroll had the better of both of them. I was convinced he'd score from a cross or corner, but WBA didn't use that opportunity enough. 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

That was a horrible watch. Think the back 3/5 did well. Nyambe is quality and Wharton was a rock. Either man of the match. JRC with one of the worst performances I've ever seen. It's nothing personal.

Rothwell poor. Game was there for the likes of him to run it. Trav ok at breaking stuff up but sloppy in possession.

Buckley needs to be dropped but won't be. Gallagher was poor even feeding off scraps when he did have a chance in possession he was bad. BBD at nothing, running into trouble and offside multiple times.

Bad night but didn't lose so take that I guess.

rothwell is to deep at the moment,he looks a world beater when he plays advanced but equally when he drifts towards the defence and gets the ball deep he`s not very good

24 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Why on earth would he sign for us ?? He plays well every match but has been dropped for JRC and Zeifuk who are both not at his level. If rumours on Monday are true he was dropped for not signing a contract, a standard that only he is held too. 

His agent / family / friends should be telling him to go anywhere Mowbray is not

Or even better, stay where Mowbray isn't

• Like 4