BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

another point I saw you make is Giles is a good crosser. Is he? Iv been really disappointed in him so far , not seen the hype. Barry Douglas mark 2

Well there hasn't been been a result but nobody up there is competing. Pickering is a good crosser too but we don't get adequate reward for it.

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

This crossed my mind tonight too. 

We need a proper player at the base of the midfield,  someone who can play, dictate the game.  Travis at times looked devoid of ideas when in possession and has no skill to beat a player.  Lowe mark2

I think Adam Wharton will eventually be that player. It is just a little too early for him. He was our only stand out player yesterday for the U23s, against what was a very good QPR side.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

It's a worry BBD hasn't found the net since Barnsley 8 games ago. Some fans reckon Nyambe was man of the match last night at the hawthorns. I have always praised his work rate and strong tackles. Some fans criticise him when things go wrong.

9 if you count Wigan.

1 minute ago, only2garners said:

It was a bit difficult for Ben to be scoring for us when he was in South America (and he got 1 there). He has only played in 6 games since Barnsley plus 30 minutes at Swansea.

The quote that I answered was about Rovers last games since he scored. But even by your quote, not scoring in 6 and a third games is worrying.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Warton is PL ready.

I would have Wharton before the accident known as Harry Maguire.

Once he improves on heading towards the oppo goal he will be gone or we will be in the PL.

Someone else mentioned our diagonal balls. They should stop. The only one half decent at them is Lenihan.

We were good in the 2nd half and just about deserved a win.

WBA had their chances though and only Dolan's quick thinking and acrobatics saved us from an underserved defeat.

BBD improved a lot as the game progressed as did Buckley. Someone has had that long overdue word with him about striking hard at goal.

Unlike some others I thought Rothwell had a decent game. We have no one else who can take the ball a long way and into dangerous areas so quickly. I think he suffers criticism because when he is at the top of his game he is quite brilliant so less than that gets criticised. If he could do it every game it would not be with us, unless we were in the PL.

I have already had my say on JRC and SG so will waste no more words on trash.

I thought Rothwell had a superb game - he looked more like the complete centre midfield player than he has done at any time at the club. Begrudgingly you have to give some credit to TM who has often called out his lack of defensive nous to play centre mid.

Perhaps he wasn't as effective driving forward as he can be - but offered good balance and workrate.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What an outstanding player Nyambe is. Probably our most consistent performer over the last few seasons. It absolutely beggars belief the Club have been prepared to risk him walking out for nothing for the last 12-18 months and seemingly still are.

Just for fun………there are, of course, lies, damn lies and statistics. Whoscored.com rated Nyambe only slightly above average against West Brom:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1553929/Live/England-Championship-2021-2022-West-Bromwich-Albion-Blackburn

Even more alarming they have him down as one of our worst players over the whole season so far. He’s rated 201st in the Championship (out of 373 players). Of our regular players, only Khadra (233) and Edun (311) are ranked lower! Wharton is our highest ranked player at 6th.

21 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

Just for fun………there are, of course, lies, damn lies and statistics. Whoscored.com rated Nyambe only slightly above average against West Brom:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1553929/Live/England-Championship-2021-2022-West-Bromwich-Albion-Blackburn

Even more alarming they have him down as one of our worst players over the whole season so far. He’s rated 201st in the Championship (out of 373 players). Of our regular players, only Khadra (233) and Edun (311) are ranked lower! Wharton is our highest ranked player at 6th.

Have your own say and vote on the BRFCS, supported by Rovers Trust, Man of the Match ...

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/football/match/717179/west-brom-blackburn?tab=voting

you've got until 8pm tonight.

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

The quote that I answered was about Rovers last games since he scored. But even by your quote, not scoring in 6 and a third games is worrying.

No it wasn't. Geoff66 said it was 8 games since BBD scored and you pointed out that it was 9 with Wigan. I agree 6 and a bit is still not good but it's not the same as 9.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Calling Travis ‘Lowe Mk2’ is an interesting flex. When would you have seen shithousery or crunching tackles from Lowe? The 30th of February?

The 21st of never? 

I thought Travis was one of our better players last night. He broke up so much..I actually thought a 6 from the LT was harsh. We missed him so much against Hull. 

Whoever said he's Lowe mark too should be banned from the site 😉

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What is more worrying is it’s not like he’s missing lots of chances. The chances aren’t coming for him.

It doesn’t help that he’s offside so often. An average of 1.3 times per game, more than anyone else in the Championship. (Mitrovic averages 0.6). He had the ball in the net twice on Wednesday…..offside both times.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

It doesn’t help that he’s offside so often. An average of 1.3 times per game, more than anyone else in the Championship. (Mitrovic averages 0.6). He had the ball in the net twice on Wednesday…..offside both times.

Arma used to be repeatedly offside in his first couple of seasons but eventually learnt to time his runs. 

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What is more worrying is it’s not like he’s missing lots of chances. The chances aren’t coming for him.

Yep. They aren't coming for anyone to be honest, apart from Buckley! Mowbray talks as though we pepper the opposition goal and carve out fantastic chance after chance. It was only in the dying stages against 10 men Swansea that we've done that since the turn of the year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, only2garners said:

No it wasn't. Geoff66 said it was 8 games since BBD scored and you pointed out that it was 9 with Wigan. I agree 6 and a bit is still not good but it's not the same as 9.

Rovers have played 9 times since BBD last scored, fact.

Two teams lacking confidence on show last night. Momentum from earlier in the season has deserted us.

Promotion is often won behind the scenes and off the pitch in January and Bournemouth blew us out of the water in that respect. Lack of ambition, interest and action from Venky's. 

We need to hang on to a playoff place and hope we get our mojo back at the right time ( see 1992 )

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, tonyoz said:

No excuse for him to be off side, he’s quicker than most centre halves he’ll be playing against.

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I thought Rothwell had a superb game - he looked more like the complete centre midfield player than he has done at any time at the club. Begrudgingly you have to give some credit to TM who has often called out his lack of defensive nous to play centre mid.

Perhaps he wasn't as effective driving forward as he can be - but offered good balance and workrate.

Why begrudgingly?