BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (a) - Valentine’s Day 💙🤍

8 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

BRFCS fans are HARSH on anyone that doesn't have a tip top game ...

I was half tempted to give JRC an extra point for clearly calling one of their players a "f*cking knobhead" last night. You definitely didn't need to be an expert lip reader to make that one out. It really made me chuckle at the time.

Anyway, although Nyambe got the Sky vote & played very well, Wharton gets my vote for MotM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silas said:

JRC look away now. 🙈🙈

“Daniel, I’ll sit and talk to him, but that’s why you have a squad and it was great to see [Joe] Rankin-Costello come in and played 75 really good minutes for us in Daniel’s absence.”

“Whilst it’s disappointing for Daniel, it was great for Joe Rankin-Costello.”

what Match was TM watching? JRC was by far the worst player on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

Two teams lacking confidence on show last night. Momentum from earlier in the season has deserted us.

Promotion is often won behind the scenes and off the pitch in January and Bournemouth blew us out of the water in that respect. Lack of ambition, interest and action from Venky's. 

We need to hang on to a playoff place and hope we get our mojo back at the right time ( see 1992 )

Surely a lack of ambition would have been cashing in? Rothwell?

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

1 hour ago, tonyoz said:

It doesn’t help that he’s offside so often. An average of 1.3 times per game, more than anyone else in the Championship. (Mitrovic averages 0.6). He had the ball in the net twice on Wednesday…..offside both times.

The second one was the worst - as he didn't need to be ahead of the defender to score. Possibly a sign that he is getting a little anxious - though I thought his general play last night was good.

33 minutes ago, StubbsUK said:

BRFCS fans are HARSH on anyone that doesn't have a tip top game ...

He wasn't just poor; he way off the pace. He couldn't even kick the ball properly. I've never seen much to suggest he could make it as a player 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, yankfan said:

“Daniel, I’ll sit and talk to him, but that’s why you have a squad and it was great to see [Joe] Rankin-Costello come in and played 75 really good minutes for us in Daniel’s absence.”

Only good thing really - was a further 75 minutes towards full fitness and match sharpness (hopefully only as a sub). Though TM has done it to other players - why kick a player when he is down ?

28 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Surely a lack of ambition would have been cashing in? Rothwell?

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Agree - they could have balanced the books selling Diaz, Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan - £30m+ (Diaz being the biggest chunk) - with the contract position as the excuse. Keeping the squad together has cost the club a fortune in lost fees - lets hope it pays off.

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Rovers have gone over 40 games since Bradley Dack last scored. Fact.

It’s a useless one mind you.

At the moment Bradley Dack is not a first team player. He has also scored in his teams last two games, but that has got nothing to do with BBD present goalscoring form, so lets leave it at that.

Formations?

With ball/attacking/goal behind

Kaminski

Lenihan    Van Hecke     Wharton

Travis

Nyambe      Buckley    Rothwell     Pickering

Dolan         Brereton

Without ball/defensive/goal up

Kaminski

Nyambe    Lenihan    Van Hecke     Wharton   Pickering

Buckley Travis   Rothwell   Brereton

Dolan

Gallagher to replace Brereton as needed

Khadra to replace Dolan as needed

Giles to replace several as needed

5 hours ago, yankfan said:

The imaginary one in his head.

23 hours ago, superniko said:

Fair play Sky slamming how ridiculous it is playing Gallagher on the wing. Everyone knows it but the man in charge 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is such an obsession at the moment with the current tactics, for some reason people have forgotten that it is the current system that was key to us going on such an incredible run to push us so high up the table in the first place. Wide strikers and Buckley as a false 9 are apparently idiotic experiments on behalf of the manager, implying that they have only come into place since the run of incredible form. They were cornerstones of that very same form. Talk of Mowbray being "lucky" or that "everyone knows it but the man in charge" in regards to his tactics makes absolutely no sense, you credit when things go well and criticise when it doesn't, not just choose which side you prefer to best suit the fact that you have an agenda and your mind has already been made up.

Ultimately, its impossible to argue against the fact that we are struggling to score goals at the moment, and that is becoming more and more of a worry.

I don’t recall Gallagher playing on the wing when we went on the incredible run. 
Looking at it, he was injured and not on the bench for the first 5 unbeaten, then from Bournemouth onwards (the next 5 unbeaten) he started on the bench for all of them. 
The first game he came back to start I hear you ask…Hull away, where we lost 2-0 and ended our 10 game unbeaten league run, since then he’s started 4 of the 6 matches and we’ve (it was Gally) scored 1 goal in those 6 

So I’ll stick with my post that you quoted… everyone can see Gallagher on the wing doesn’t work, except Tony Mowbray.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, superniko said:

I don’t recall Gallagher playing on the wing when we went on the incredible run. 
Looking at it, he was injured and not on the bench for the first 5 unbeaten, then from Bournemouth onwards (the next 5 unbeaten) he started on the bench for all of them. 
The first game he came back to start I hear you ask…Hull away, where we lost 2-0 and ended our 10 game unbeaten league run, since then he’s started 4 of the 6 matches and we’ve (it was Gally) scored 1 goal in those 6 

So I’ll stick with my post that you quoted… everyone can see Gallagher on the wing doesn’t work, except Tony Mowbray.

Bale didn't win loads of games at the start of his Spurs career, not saying Gallagher is Bale, but he scored  an important goal against Boro. I think he needs to attack the ball in the box more from where he is playing

1 minute ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Everybody qouting Kevin Davies saying he would play Diaz and Gallagher as a front two - need to add the bit where he said just his opinion and that false 9 position had been part of the winning run we went on.

Yeah and to follow up my post I actually like the false 9 and agree it’s been a mainstay of our great run. 
My concern was around one of the wide forwards being Gallagher (not used in our great run). I’d much rather see Dolan played there, or Khadra if TM can get him to lift his head and pass.
It’s based on stretching the opposition, and suits our non-possession, counter attacking style more (and worked for 10 unbeaten games)

I've just finished watching the whole game on Rovers TV. Previously I heard the commentary on Radio Lancs and have been reading this forum and the comments.

I think people are being harsh on JRC. He hasn't started a game since April last season. He has had a bad injury which kept him out for a long time. He didn't expect to start the game last night until a few minutes before KO. He was asked to play out of position; a square peg in a round hole.

The three cross field balls to him in the first half were way over his head. He looked very rusty at times. This was only to be expected. He did put some nice crosses in and didn't look half as bad as people said he was.

Whilst Nyambe and Wharton have had the accolades (which I agree with) Van Hecke looked so cool and full of class. Travis, Bucko, BBD, Rothy, and Giles played well. Khadra was a bit greedy and Dolan is a gem.

Sam Gallagher??   Nuff said on here already.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bale didn't win loads of games at the start of his Spurs career, not saying Gallagher is Bale, but he scored  an important goal against Boro. I think he needs to attack the ball in the box more from where he is playing

That's the first time and will probably the only time that Sam Gallagher will appear in the same sentence as Gareth Bale

Unless it was being used as an illustration to compare donkeys and thoroughbreds

On another note, don't see the love-in with Dolan. He buzzed around like he always does but there wasn't much end product. I'd only ever use him as a sub. Same with Khadra